FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on July 10, 2018, 01:42:59 PM
Quote from: raiderpa on July 10, 2018, 10:49:47 AM
I only hope JEM will quit dancing and get up field.  The playoffs featured fast teams that would not let him juke and get outside like the earlier opponents.  Once he met with equal speed and an inability to beat people outside, he became, IMO, average with no evidence that he "got it".
If you watch the playoff game tapes, you will see what I mean.
Totally agree. BJ learned which opponents that he could dance for more yards and which ones he needed to put his foot down and get up field. If JEM doesn't get it quickly, I'd prefer leaning on Petro, especially with JCU early. After that week, you can sort out number 2&3 on the depth chart.

As for number 2, I think the 2 coming back (sophomores to be) would be very solid. Can't said good or great because they haven't played meaningful snaps. There will be a couple of freshman with talent, but will need to pick up the playbook.

Lastly, everyone here better support D3 kickoff. Spend the $12 to support the major site giving us all of our D3 football wants and needs. The only thing I wish they would change is the round up option... Give more options! I'd be willing to give more than $3 extra to the site that I rely on from August until December! love what you guys do.

As I say every year, $12 to support this site is an absolute steal for the amount of enjoyment I get from it.  Easiest decision ever.  When you factor in getting Kickoff too it's almost criminal!  Skip two cocktails this weekend and support Pat and the crew instead. 

edward de vere

Well, sure, two cocktails forgone is easy.

But a 15-pack of Keystone Light and a couple of Slim Jims?  That's a bit tougher choice.

MUC57

Edward de vere

Didn't say he was the only one. You are most certainly in that group, along with many others.
Boy, I've done it again. I have to stop this stuff. No more nameing people or making lists!
Remember, Wally is on the NCAC board. I was trying to say he is an intellectual on that board. Some of the NCAC posters aren't quite ...........! Oh, hell, never mind. I give up! 🤕😩

Gave you a +k to try to atone for my mistake!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

edward de vere

Quote from: MUC57 on July 10, 2018, 06:06:53 PM

Remember, Wally is on the NCAC board. I was trying to say he is an intellectual on that board.

AWESOME save!!!

(By the way, I was kidding.)

(Though I DID graduate from the very same high school academic powerhouse as LK.)

(I'm kidding about THAT, too.)

(The "academic powerhouse" part.)

MUC57

Edward de vere

Thanks. I had to come up with something in a hurry. I KNEW you were kidding. I THOUGHT you were kidding. I SUSPECTED  that you might be kidding. I WONDERED if you might be kidding. I DIDN'T think you were kidding. Of course, I was being serious - or was I?
Good chatting with you. Enjoy the rest of the summer. Practice starts next month. Go Raiders! ☠🏈

MUC57

Possible discussion topic, if anybody cares-

Present room and board plus tuition at Mount Union is around $35,000. When I was a freshman in 1953, shortly after The Big Bang, I paid (ready?) $500 for the year. Just wondering if any old alums from anywhere had similar info for their school.
OK, maybe it's not worth talking about. But we still have several weeks until practice starts. Come on! It'll kill some time and fill in the gap. Besides, we haven't heard from "Merle" in a while so we can't pick on him.
Oh well, just a thought. Go Everybody! ☠🏈😀

MUC57

Edward de vere

Do all those books have lots of pictures? 📚

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Dr. Acula on July 10, 2018, 05:41:17 PM
Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on July 10, 2018, 01:42:59 PM
Quote from: raiderpa on July 10, 2018, 10:49:47 AM
I only hope JEM will quit dancing and get up field.  The playoffs featured fast teams that would not let him juke and get outside like the earlier opponents.  Once he met with equal speed and an inability to beat people outside, he became, IMO, average with no evidence that he "got it".
If you watch the playoff game tapes, you will see what I mean.
Totally agree. BJ learned which opponents that he could dance for more yards and which ones he needed to put his foot down and get up field. If JEM doesn't get it quickly, I'd prefer leaning on Petro, especially with JCU early. After that week, you can sort out number 2&3 on the depth chart.

As for number 2, I think the 2 coming back (sophomores to be) would be very solid. Can't said good or great because they haven't played meaningful snaps. There will be a couple of freshman with talent, but will need to pick up the playbook.

Lastly, everyone here better support D3 kickoff. Spend the $12 to support the major site giving us all of our D3 football wants and needs. The only thing I wish they would change is the round up option... Give more options! I'd be willing to give more than $3 extra to the site that I rely on from August until December! love what you guys do.

As I say every year, $12 to support this site is an absolute steal for the amount of enjoyment I get from it.  Easiest decision ever.  When you factor in getting Kickoff too it's almost criminal!  Skip two cocktails this weekend and support Pat and the crew instead.

Thanks for the kind words. I did add some options beyond $3 and I appreciate the encouragement. It's tough to ask for money!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

edward de vere

Quote from: MUC57 on July 12, 2018, 04:50:22 PM

Edward de vere

Do all those books have lots of pictures? 📚

Just for you, MUC57, here is a college education publication with pictures.  https://www.amazon.com/Playboys-Back-School-College-Girls/dp/B00GBB4FCQ

MUC57

Edward de vere

That's the kind of "textbook" I would read cover-to-cover. Thanks.  🎓🤓

MUC57

OAC Media Day - July 26 - Pro Football Hall of Fame - Canton, Ohio

🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈

Dr. Acula

Not a great preseason poll for the OAC.  Mount predictably at #1, but no other OAC squads in the top 25.  JCU, ONU, BW in ORV.  Let's hope for everyone's sake this does not mirror the final poll.  RHIT + a down OAC is not the best recipe for playoff preparedness.

hsbsballcoach7

Check out the quick read on JCU's new AD. Not sure how to take her Mount Union comments. From my perspective she says that there are bigger teams to chase than Mount Union... Really?  After how they celebrated their last victory over us (deservedly so), I don't think the football team feels that way. Could just be my perspective.

On another note, I didn't realize that they didn't have an indoor facility. Surprised with all of the support they have from alumni that this hasn't happened yet.

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20180716/michelle-morgan-brings-big-resume-big-ideas-to-john-carroll-as-new-ad

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on July 16, 2018, 09:09:07 PM
Check out the quick read on JCU's new AD. Not sure how to take her Mount Union comments. From my perspective she says that there are bigger teams to chase than Mount Union... Really?  After how they celebrated their last victory over us (deservedly so), I don't think the football team feels that way. Could just be my perspective.

On another note, I didn't realize that they didn't have an indoor facility. Surprised with all of the support they have from alumni that this hasn't happened yet.

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20180716/michelle-morgan-brings-big-resume-big-ideas-to-john-carroll-as-new-ad

I don't think she downplayed the Mount Union Rivalry. Just stated that she wants them to compete on the national stage:

QuoteQ St. Thomas plays big-time D-III college football, and the JCU football team has competed well with national power Mount Union. Can you envision a day when JCU can consistently post wins against Mount? (The Blue Streaks have beaten the Purple Raiders once since 1994.)

A That's my plan, and beyond that because there's bigger fish to fry than Mount Union. Football, yes Mount's the big cat, but you've got (national D-III powers) Mary-Hardin Baylor, Wisconsin Oshkosh, St. Thomas ... That's my expectations, to be competitive (with those schools). I'm just as competitive as any of these coaches or athletes here.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017