BB: Pool B

Started by Bronko7, April 21, 2008, 09:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADL70

Quote from: BigPoppa on February 21, 2019, 03:12:14 PM
Teams have to almost be begging the WIAC to get out of Pool B as soon as they can.

Per Ralph above by adding Finlandia don't they go A in 2021?  Is it safe to day "no one outside of WIAC or UAA need apply?"
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Caz Bombers on August 15, 2018, 06:54:11 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on August 15, 2018, 01:46:22 PM
On the horizon...

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2018/08/stevens-moving-to-freedom

Stevens is moving from the Empire 8 to the MAC Freedom in Fall 2019.

Assuming no other shuffling by Spring 2020, the E8 will have 6 members and would fall to Pool B in Spring 2022.

SUNY Canton has moved to the NAC. The E8 will be down to 6 this spring (5 teams in 2020, 4 if Ithaca just finally says "good luck with all that" and goes to the LL) and entering the grace period, which would put baseball in Pool B for 2021.

I have to correct myself here. SUNY Canton will remain in Empire 8 baseball this spring, join the rest of their teams in the NAC next year. I also finally got confirmation via Ithaca Athletics on Instagram that IC baseball will come home to the Liberty League next season.

Keuka is not joining until 2020-21, which would make E8 baseball 4 teams next season and 5 thereafter. Does falling to only 4 teams "void" the grace period and put them into Pool B immediately? It certainly should, at any rate.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: BigPoppa on February 21, 2019, 03:12:14 PM
Teams have to almost be begging the WIAC to get out of Pool B as soon as they can.

Not unless they do better than last year.  No team was kept out of the playoffs by either UWW or UWO who would have made it anyway.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Caz Bombers on February 21, 2019, 05:08:55 PM
Quote from: Caz Bombers on August 15, 2018, 06:54:11 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on August 15, 2018, 01:46:22 PM
On the horizon...

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2018/08/stevens-moving-to-freedom

Stevens is moving from the Empire 8 to the MAC Freedom in Fall 2019.

Assuming no other shuffling by Spring 2020, the E8 will have 6 members and would fall to Pool B in Spring 2022.

SUNY Canton has moved to the NAC. The E8 will be down to 6 this spring (5 teams in 2020, 4 if Ithaca just finally says "good luck with all that" and goes to the LL) and entering the grace period, which would put baseball in Pool B for 2021.

I have to correct myself here. SUNY Canton will remain in Empire 8 baseball this spring, join the rest of their teams in the NAC next year. I also finally got confirmation via Ithaca Athletics on Instagram that IC baseball will come home to the Liberty League next season.

Keuka is not joining until 2020-21, which would make E8 baseball 4 teams next season and 5 thereafter. Does falling to only 4 teams "void" the grace period and put them into Pool B immediately? It certainly should, at any rate.
I believe that the 4 core members of the E8 keep the Pool A for 2 years.  The Empire 8 needs to do some hustling to get keep the Pool A.

YourAverageRighty

The CAC shuffle that is coming will certainly spice things up in Pool B or in the nearby conferences if something doesn't change drastically

ADL70

WashU looks like a lock for Pool B at .854 W% and 0.575 SoS.

CWRU currently has slightly better W/L and SoS than WIAC teams.

Am I missing any other contenders?
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

Ralph Turner

cubs

Is it just two Pool B bids again this year? 

If so, safe to assume Wash U leads for the first bid right now with Whitewater just ahead of Case Western Reserve for the second bid?
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

ADL70

CWRU is 9-5 vs RRO and toughest SoS in d3 right now. They should do no worse than 3-1 vs Brandeis this weekend, if all 4 games are played. They have just one game left on sched with RRO JCU left after this weekend, but that game could be lost to OAC makeups.

Yes - WashU looks a lock for the first B at 26-5-1 with 2-0 vs CWRU

Whitewater (20-5 4-2 vs RRO) and LaCrosse (16-10 but 5-1 vs RRO) look to be CWRU's competition for the second B.  They have a 4-game series with one another this weekend. A split should help CWRU.  WW's #144 SoS will go up after playing LaCrosse

[Edit - UWW's RRO results corrected.]
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

cubs

Quote from: ADL70 on April 25, 2019, 12:34:56 PM
CWRU is 9-5 vs RRO and toughest SoS in d3 right now. They should do no worse than 3-1 vs Brandeis this weekend, if all 4 games are played. They have just one game left on sched with RRO JCU left after this weekend, but that game could be lost to OAC makeups.

Whitewater (20-5 2-2 vs RRO) and LaCrosse (16-10 but 5-1 vs RRO) look to be CWRU's competition for the second B.  They have a 4-game series with one another this weekend. A split should help CWRU.  WW's #144 SoS will go up after playing LaCrosse
Thanks!!!

Didn't realize Case Western Reserve had played such a tough schedule thus far.  If things play out the way one would "think" they might, we might see Whitewater joining the rest of the group fighting for a Pool C bid then.

BTW-You might want to check your RRO numbers.  I have Whitewater with four wins against teams that were in this week's Regional Rankings (North Park, St. Thomas, and St. Scholastica (twice.)  If they win three out of four against La Crosse this weekend, and beat them again at the WIAC Tournament, an 8-3 RRO would be right there with Case Western Reserve.

ADL70

Thanks for the UWW correction cubs. 
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

Ralph Turner

We see B's getting C's very commonly in baseball.

I think that CWRU is in.

cubs

Quote from: ADL70 on April 25, 2019, 12:34:56 PM

Whitewater (20-5 4-2 vs RRO) and LaCrosse (16-10 but 5-1 vs RRO) look to be CWRU's competition for the second B.  They have a 4-game series with one another this weekend. A split should help CWRU. WW's #144 SoS will go up after playing LaCrosse

[Edit - UWW's RRO results corrected.]
Well Case Western Reserve got exactly that, as Whitewater and La Crosse split their four game series over the weekend. 

However, I wasn't expecting to see Case Western Reserve to drop a pair of games in a split with Brandeis.

It will be interesting to see what the Regional Rankings look like tomorrow.

ADL70

The Brandeis result was quite disappointing.

In W/L and SoS CWRU and Lax are about dead even.  But Lax has better results vs RRO, including a win over Concordia-Chi.  Lax still has a game scheduled with RR St Scholastica and will likely meet Whitewater again in WIAC tourney.  CWRU's game vs RR JCU has been cancelled because JCU has an OAC make-up.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

cubs

Quote from: ADL70 on April 30, 2019, 01:04:13 PM
The Brandeis result was quite disappointing.

In W/L and SoS CWRU and Lax are about dead even.  But Lax has better results vs RRO, including a win over Concordia-Chi.  Lax still has a game scheduled with RR St Scholastica and will likely meet Whitewater again in WIAC tourney.  CWRU's game vs RR JCU has been cancelled because JCU has an OAC make-up.
La Crosse's SOS will likely take a big hit with four games against 4-28 Finlandia this weekend....  They also have TWO games against St. Scholastica, as it is a scheduled DH tomorrow.