sthrncwby

allright, hold on, let em think.

Josh Bowerman

My favorite has always been:

"Without struggle, there is not progress." -- Frederick Douglass

You could do worse than Patton, though.
"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass

minni

Z Motion we are tailgating in the parking lot of the Fieldhouse next to the police station.  You and your family are more than welcome to bring it there.  It may only be students but you are more than welcome to join us.  You should buy your Purple Out shirts also for the game.  

The game this weekend is going to be crazy.  There are people coming in from everywhere to see this.  I have friends that are coming from tech to watch the game.  I just hope it lives up to the hype.  Ehhhh I want to say Cowboys by 50 but i know people will be in an uproar in here about that so.....Cowboys win is my prediction!

Sorry Cwbyfann and sthrncwby i have dropped the ball this week on posting, ive been sulking about my intramural championship loss in football this week.

sthrncwby

CwbyFann

Wow man quoting Patton!
It appears he's an educated man, now I really hate 'em
(Doc Holliday)

sthrncwby

Leave my Karma the way it is.  I am proud of my earnings.

Toby Taff

Minni,

You can say Cowboys by 50 if you want, noones going to get their shorts in a wad.  Hey, I'm even getting a couple of the Purple Out shirts for me and the family.  Of course I'll be wearing a Purple Crush shirt on Saturday. ;D

It's like I told J Neal on the first day of class, "On October 22 when I'm yelling for people to hurt you, its all in love man.  Nothing personal"
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Josh Bowerman

Just for the hell of it, Tim.   ;)
"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass

Zmotion10 out on 2

Quote from: minni on October 20, 2005, 02:03:59 PM
Z Motion we are tailgating in the parking lot of the Fieldhouse next to the police station.  You and your family are more than welcome to bring it there.  It may only be students but you are more than welcome to join us.  You should buy your Purple Out shirts also for the game.  

The game this weekend is going to be crazy.  There are people coming in from everywhere to see this.  I have friends that are coming from tech to watch the game.  I just hope it lives up to the hype.  Ehhhh I want to say Cowboys by 50 but i know people will be in an uproar in here about that so.....Cowboys win is my prediction!

Sorry Cwbyfann and sthrncwby i have dropped the ball this week on posting, ive been sulking about my intramural championship loss in football this week.

Minni:

Will do.  Can't wait. 

Phife

I hate the fact that I am unable to be in Abilene Saturday.

I was there last week though and was thoroughly impressed with the team.  The HSU students though left something to be desired.  When I was a student (4 years ago) we were loud and rowdy.  We stood the whole game.  We were interested, even in blowouts.  But that was then and boring, uninterested students are now.

I am sad.   :(
Sig Free Zone...

HSUpt

Phife,

As sad as it is to admit, you're right about the lack of noise from current students.  I'm currently a graduate student here at HSU so I can remember the good old days of the noisy, up on their feet student section.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  I think that a lot of the students here just don't realize they have some of the best college football in the country being played right in their backyard.

Phife

That is true HSUpt about their ignorance to great football but there are two additional problems (in my humble opinion).  One is that the game is a social gathering for so many of the students.  Half of them turn their backs on the game to talk to one another...what a shame!  The second problem is the disbanding of the Redneck Posse.  Those fools were the catalyst for the students; but now it appeared to me that they were down to one lonely posse memeber (can one guy be a posse?) and he was lame at best.

Hopefully the students will do a better job of cheering this weekend; better yet, maybe they will cheer so loudly and obnoxiously that the UMHB players will be distracted.  One can dream can't he?
Sig Free Zone...

Toby Taff

Quote from: Phife on October 20, 2005, 05:03:25 PM
Hopefully the students will do a better job of cheering this weekend; better yet, maybe they will cheer so loudly and obnoxiously that the UMHB players will be distracted. One can dream can't he?

What, afraid MHB will bring the A-game so they need to be distracted?
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

sthrncwby

Fans can cheer as loud or soft.  UMHB gonna get beat anyway you like it.

Phife

Quote from: mhb8904 on October 21, 2005, 10:24:45 AM
Quote from: Phife on October 20, 2005, 05:03:25 PM
Hopefully the students will do a better job of cheering this weekend; better yet, maybe they will cheer so loudly and obnoxiously that the UMHB players will be distracted. One can dream can't he?

What, afraid MHB will bring the A-game so they need to be distracted?

Hey, if the game was in Belton the Cru would be yelling and trying to be obnoxious too.  That's why they call it home field advantage.
Sig Free Zone...