MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecreddevils

major get for the red devils is logan dorethy.  6' 7" former all-confernce sliac post at mac comes over from hannibal-lagrange and figures to start at center.

hopefan

Quote from: ecreddevils on August 25, 2021, 06:34:39 PM
major get for the red devils is logan dorethy.  6' 7" former all-confernce sliac post at mac comes over from hannibal-lagrange and figures to start at center.

Very good get... he averaged 19 and 9 as a sophomore at MacMurray 2 years ago... if last year at Hannibal Lagrange doesn't count due to covid, he may have 2 years of eligibility left...
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

GU1999

Quote from: GU1999 on July 08, 2021, 05:41:17 PM

GU has posed a partial schedule.  The already scheduled non-conference looks great.  Love challenging your team early.  This will be a huge challenge.  Not 4 d1 schools on the road in 8 days in 4 states like last year, but... 

Nov. 5 vs. Whitworth @ Spokane Wash.            
Nov. 6 vs. Pacific @ Spokane Wash.         
Nov. 13 @ North Central (Ill.)         
Nov. 17 @   Loras            
Nov. 20 v. North Park      
Dec. 14 @   Wis.-Whitewater
Jan 1 @ Millikin

GU adds games @UW-Stout and @Carthage

Excellent schedule.  I am very much looking forward to watching these games.  Maybe even a few of them in person.    The North Central game also now appears to be in Greenville which may remove one of the games I was planning to see in person.

GU1999

If anyone is interested @greenvillemensbasketball is a good follow on Instagram.  It appears that the account may be handled by one of the new assistant coaches. 

Hope - Instagram is an app that allow folks to post pictures and short videos on a connected "social network".  Ha!  I know you know, I am just trying to wake up the board.

50 days until first tip.

hopefan

Quote from: GU1999 on September 16, 2021, 10:12:04 AM
If anyone is interested @greenvillemensbasketball is a good follow on Instagram.  It appears that the account may be handled by one of the new assistant coaches. 

Hope - Instagram is an app that allow folks to post pictures and short videos on a connected "social network".  Ha!  I know you know, I am just trying to wake up the board.

50 days until first tip.

Sorry to say I haven't figured out anything but facebook... Twitter, Instagram etc remain a mystery to this senior citizen ::) ::) ::)

Greek Tragedy

I was gonna say, with no offense meant, hopefan may not know. LOL.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

y_jack_lok

Quote from: GU1999 on September 16, 2021, 10:12:04 AM

50 days until first tip.

I'll check them out on IG.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

hopefan

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on September 16, 2021, 08:13:09 PM

dagnabbit, tarnations.... so I tried to open an instagram account and some whippersnapper has already opened an account with the name hopefan... IDENTITY THEFT!!!   
;D ;D ;D

y_jack_lok

Quote from: hopefan on September 17, 2021, 04:12:26 PM

dagnabbit, tarnations.... so I tried to open an instagram account and some whippersnapper has already opened an account with the name hopefan... IDENTITY THEFT!!!   
;D ;D ;D

;D ;D  You could use another name.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: hopefan on September 17, 2021, 04:12:26 PM

;D ;D ;D

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

GU1999

Jamie Young, Blackburn alum (football/basketball) '98 and Greenville assistant coach '99, who had been with the Celtics in varying roles since 2000, has rejoined Doc Rivers in Philidelphia.  Coach Young served as assistant coach to Coach Rivers in Boston prior to Doc's departure to LA.  Coach Young stayed on as Asst. Coach to Brad Stevens during his full tenure on the bench in Boston.    Glad he is still in the league and this move is not a surprise to anyone given the rapport Jamie and Doc had in Boston.     

https://www.libertyballers.com/2021/8/12/22621470/sixers-add-jamie-young-to-coaching-staff-popeye-jones-nuggets-doc-rivers-philadelphia-nba-news

y_jack_lok

Webster roster is posted. Looks like 15 new faces -- 12 freshmen and three upperclassmen, including a transfer from Blackburn. Several are 6'6" or more. Also, Rod Etienne is back for another season as a grad student.

https://websterathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

WUPHF

A fun fact about Webster...

Sophomore Mark Moore also plays for the Men's Soccer team and features heavily in the rotation.  The Gorlocks are 9-1 and have a very good chance of going undefeated in league play.  Very cool.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: WUPHF on October 12, 2021, 12:55:04 AM
A fun fact about Webster...

Sophomore Mark Moore also plays for the Men's Soccer team and features heavily in the rotation.  The Gorlocks are 9-1 and have a very good chance of going undefeated in league play.  Very cool.

Moore is the third leading goal scorer on the soccer team. He also had a solid freshman season for the basketball team. With so many new faces this season it feels like competition for playing time, outside of Etienne and Wynne Brown, Jr. will be pretty serious.

One name on the Webster roster, sophomore Isaiah King, was also on the 2018-19 roster. He only logged 10 minutes in four games.