MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on April 21, 2017, 09:17:05 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on April 21, 2017, 07:14:14 PM
Q, a slight correction - he is the all-time leading scorer in Champaign-Urbana BOYS hoops.  He is several hundred points behind his own sister! ;)

And, yeah, I doubt even AndOne would quibble that this appears to be a 'significant' recruit! ;D

We're in the men's board. I think it's assumed we're talking about men and boys.  ;D  :D  :)

True.  But I found it somewhat amusing that the leading scorer in Champaign-Urbana boys' hoops history was not even the leading scorer in his own family! :o ;D

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: iwu70 on April 21, 2017, 09:07:45 PM
Jeremy Lin -- family from Taiwan, yes, a Chinese-American, no doubt a Tiger Mother, then to Harvard, right? 

I'm still looking for that Indonesian or Singaporean Yao Ming . . .

Autumn Ridge worth a trip . . . if March doesn't work out, I'd recommend a return in May or June.  I play it every time I drive past Ft. Wayne on any one of my road trips East from Central IL.  Very lovely course in Autumn . . . too.

Looks like a great pick up for IWU, #significant.  In Q I trust.

'70

From what I remember, Lin's Dad had a lot to do with his basketball success and his mom was criticized for being Tiger-mom enough.

Did you know his younger brother played basketball at Hamilton?
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

AndOne

Not basketball, but condolences to the entire Wheaton College family on the loss of Wheaton freshman Ethan Rosen. Ethan, who I believe was a member of the soccer team, was tragically killed on this afternoon when he was stuck in the head during the hammer throw event at a track and field meet at which he was a volunteer worker.

iwu70

Very very sad.  My condolences to the entire Wheaton College community, and to Ethan's family. 

'70

Gregory Sager

Quote from: AndOne on April 22, 2017, 11:17:12 PM
Not basketball, but condolences to the entire Wheaton College family on the loss of Wheaton freshman Ethan Rosen Roser. Ethan, who I believe was a member of the soccer team, was tragically killed on this afternoon when he was stuck in the head during the hammer throw event at a track and field meet at which he was a volunteer worker.

http://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2017/4/22/wheaton-grieves-the-death-of-mens-soccer-player-ethan-roser.aspx

I add my condolences to those who grieve this young man's loss.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

4samuy

That's a quality class. Don't know much about the 3 Chicago area kids,  but The 5 downstate kids have had some impressive high school careers.

AndOne

NCC RECRUIT

North Central received tonight a commitment from 6'2" 180 lb SG/PG Blaise Meredith of Naperville Neuqua Valley HS.

Blaise, one of NCC's top targets since the recently completed season began, was a unanimous 1st team All DuPage Valley Conference pick as well as a Daily Herald DuPage County All-Area selection. He averaged 15.2 PPG on 41% shooting from the field, and 73% from the line. He hit 73 threes during the season and dished out 2.5 APG.
On the defensive end of the floor he was known as one of the toughest defenders in the Chicagoland suburban area. He took 29 charges this season.

lmitzel

Quote from: AndOne on May 03, 2017, 03:15:47 AM
NCC RECRUIT

North Central received tonight a commitment from 6'2" 180 lb SG/PG Blaise Meredith of Naperville Neuqua Valley HS.

Blaise, one of NCC's top targets since the recently completed season began, was a unanimous 1st team All DuPage Valley Conference pick as well as a Daily Herald DuPage County All-Area selection. He averaged 15.2 PPG on 41% shooting from the field, and 73% from the line. He hit 73 threes during the season and dished out 2.5 APG.
On the defensive end of the floor he was known as one of the toughest defenders in the Chicagoland suburban area. He took 29 charges this season.

Somebody is listening to me when I say that charges should be kept as an official stat!

Glad NCC was able to get some reinforcements at the guard spots.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

joehakes

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 03, 2017, 03:25:18 PM
Congrats to Joe Hakes upon the announcement that Illinois Tech is joining the NACC, starting in 2018-19. I know that he worked long and hard to make that happen.

Thanks, Greg. We are looking forward to shedding both the provisional and independent phases. 

AndOne

Congrats to IIT, a school which has long been at the zenith academically, and which has now stepped up its athletic program over the last few years.

It appears the question now becomes just how many members will comprise the NACC as of 7/1/18. Will it be the currently projected number of 13 or, with the recent talk regarding a posdible move to D2 by Benedictine, 12 schools?  :-\

Gregory Sager

I've heard that Benedictine will make the move in two years.

I don't know what sort of timetable BU has for this sort of thing, but I wonder when the school is going to make an official announcement. This is the worst-kept secret around. I keep running into people who are already aware of BU moving to D2. F'rinstance, after the BU @ NPU softball doubleheader last month, I was talking with the father of a Vikings player whose twin sister plays for the University of Indianapolis in the GLVC, and he said, "I don't think that any of the girls on that team are going to be worth a scholarship when Benedictine moves into the D2 league that my other daughter plays in."

Also, you're overcounting the number of NACC schools that play men's sports. There's currently eleven, and if you substitute Illinois Tech for Benedictine, there's still eleven.

USee

Wheaton's newcomers announced:

http://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2017/5/4/the-thunder-mens-basketball-program-announces-eight-newcomers-for-the-2017-18-season-update.aspx

Mike Schauer  states of the newcomers to his program,  "This recruiting class continues the upward momentum of the program from this past season. It is a talented and deep group. The class has size and versatility at several positions.  As is usually the case for Wheaton Basketball this group comes from all over the country.  Wheaton Basketball should be very good in the upcoming years."