WBB: Little East

Started by Allen M. Karon, March 09, 2004, 03:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cantdothat

Sam Allen HC University of Southern Maine. ;)

7express

The expresses' preseason predictions.    Let's see how badly these turn out to be in February  ::)

1) Eastern.  They won the conference and made the made the sweet 16 last year, and have most of the roster in tact for 1 last run with this current edition before the window shuts when Jill Ritrosky gets her diploma in May.
2) Boston.  The Beacons graduated Morrison, but they have Olivia Murphy back for her senior year, and a nice nucleus of freshmen players Grace Geary, Chantal Jordan & Katrina Edwards to surround her with.  Like the Beacons (and most teams in this conference) is simple: the defense is going to be good enough, can they score consistently enough to improve upon what they did last season??  I think they can.   
3) USM.  Sam Allen takes over for a team that lost it's most consistently player, Rebecca Knight, and has virtually no bench scoring.  What they still do well is win games in Maine, however the easy gimme wins against Dartmouth & Boston are no longer in the bag for them.
4) Dartmouth.  They've disapointmented me in recent years as I believe this is the first time in 3 years (maybe even 4??) I'm not picking them to win the conference.  Kelsey Garrity is gone, but they still have Meghan Ronaghan remaining, I'm just not sure how many complimentary pieces they have.
5) Keene.  The Owls like the Beacons will be a good defensive unit, and have most of the roster back.  I just don't think they can score enough to compete for the top half of the conference.  With Garrity out of the picture, the title of best PG in the conference goes to Kelsey Cognetta.
6) Western.  See: Boston, & Keene, with the only minor exception Caroline Brasa is no longer eligible and she's probably the biggest loss of those 3.  Like USM, they seem to win almost every time out at home which will keep them afloat.  If they can manage a 4-3 road record to go along with their 5-2/6-1/7-0 home record this will definitely be a top 4 team.
7) RIC.  Ground hog day.  Defense will be good, scoring the ball not nearly so good.
8) Plymouth.  Liz Stritch never stood a chance up there, and neither will the person that replaced her.

Player of the year:
Jill Ritrosky- Eastern

First team:
Ritrosky
Grace Geary- Boston
Meghan Ronaghan-Dartmouth
Megan Pelletier-USM
Olivia Murphy-Boston
Steph D'Annolfo-Keene

LEC final: Eastern over Boston

NCAA tournament teams: Eastern as Boston plays another soft schedule and I don't think USM will reach that 18/19/20 win threshold.

ronk

Quote from: 7express on November 09, 2015, 02:28:15 PM
The expresses' preseason predictions.    Let's see how badly these turn out to be in February  ::)

1) Eastern.  They won the conference and made the made the sweet 16 last year, and have most of the roster in tact for 1 last run with this current edition before the window shuts when Jill Ritrosky gets her diploma in May.
2) Boston.  The Beacons graduated Morrison, but they have Olivia Murphy back for her senior year, and a nice nucleus of freshmen players Grace Geary, Chantal Jordan & Katrina Edwards to surround her with.  Like the Beacons (and most teams in this conference) is simple: the defense is going to be good enough, can they score consistently enough to improve upon what they did last season??  I think they can.   
3) USM.  Sam Allen takes over for a team that lost it's most consistently player, Rebecca Knight, and has virtually no bench scoring.  What they still do well is win games in Maine, however the easy gimme wins against Dartmouth & Boston are no longer in the bag for them.
4) Dartmouth.  They've disapointmented me in recent years as I believe this is the first time in 3 years (maybe even 4??) I'm not picking them to win the conference.  Kelsey Garrity is gone, but they still have Meghan Ronaghan remaining, I'm just not sure how many complimentary pieces they have.
5) Keene.  The Owls like the Beacons will be a good defensive unit, and have most of the roster back.  I just don't think they can score enough to compete for the top half of the conference.  With Garrity out of the picture, the title of best PG in the conference goes to Kelsey Cognetta.
6) Western.  See: Boston, & Keene, with the only minor exception Caroline Brasa is no longer eligible and she's probably the biggest loss of those 3.  Like USM, they seem to win almost every time out at home which will keep them afloat.  If they can manage a 4-3 road record to go along with their 5-2/6-1/7-0 home record this will definitely be a top 4 team.
7) RIC.  Ground hog day.  Defense will be good, scoring the ball not nearly so good.
8) Plymouth.  Liz Stritch never stood a chance up there, and neither will the person that replaced her.

Player of the year:
Jill Ritrosky- Eastern

First team:
Ritrosky
Grace Geary- Boston
Meghan Ronaghan-Dartmouth
Megan Pelletier-USM
Olivia Murphy-Boston
Steph D'Annolfo-Keene

LEC final: Eastern over Boston

NCAA tournament teams: Eastern as Boston plays another soft schedule and I don't think USM will reach that 18/19/20 win threshold.

They will be missing McBride and McCourt, however; they were big contributors in the NCAA win over Scranton that I saw. More importantly, the team seemed to be well-coached.

7express

Opening night just around the corner, let's get started with the predictions:

SUNY Cobleskill @ Keene State.
I'm not sure this is any better then playing Green Mountain.  Cobleskill was 2-21 last year and 1-17 in the NEAC which is probably the worst conference in division 3.  The other game in this tournament is Sage vs. Mt. Ida.  The Owls are favored by 60 points over the Tigers, and I'll actually take the points.  Keene 95-31

Southern Maine vs. Castleton State (@ Salem State).
Southern Maine plays @ Salem State later on in the year, so this is a set field as whether they win or lose USM will play Thomas Saturday, while Castleton will play the host Vikings on Saturday.  The Spartans have won at least 22 games each of the last 4 years, while winning at least 17 games each of the last 8 years.  This will be the Huskies first game without Gary Fifield on the bench, who will look to improve on last year's sub .500 team, the first time they have ever finished a season under .500 I believe.  The Huskies are favored by 6.5 points.  This is the old adage where Castleton is probably the better team, but USM plays in the better conference, so which one plays out??  I'll take the Huskies to win, but for the Spartans to beat the spread.  USM 63-60

Farmingdale State vs. RIC (@ St. Joseph's CT).
Rams finished last season 18-9 and with the disappearing act Mt. St. Mary's has taken in the Skyline the last 3 years, the Rams have seized control from the Skyline for the lone bid from the Knights.  RIC played well in spurts last year, actually swept an Eastern team that made it to the sweet 16, and were tied for 5th in the conference staring February.  Then they lost Alex Moore to an knee injury for 2 weeks, and they took a dive after that second win over Eastern losing 8 of their final 9 games to end the year.  Anchorwomen are an 8 point favorite, I'll take them to win and for the LEC to complete a 3 game sweep, but the Rams keep it close.  RIC 59-53.

7express

Friday results:

Keene pounds Cobleskill 91-45.
Congrats AllStar, Keene won't have another easier game all season, I hope they enjoyed it!  Shelby Preston was the only Tiger in double figures as she finished with 17 points; Sandi Purcell lead the Owls with 17 points as well, and Valerie Martin added 14 for the Owls reserves.  Steph D'Annolfo finished with 5 points and 10 rebounds.  Owls bench outscored the Tigers bench 48-13.  Sage beat Mt. Ida in game 1, so Cobleskill gets Mt. Ida, while the Owls get the Gators who are now coached by a familiar face who's very familiar with Keene & the LEC....Allison Coleman who was top assistant #1 to Denise Bierly at Eastern.

Castleton over USM 43-28.
Yup 28 points for USM.  Castleton is an ok team, so losing to them isn't a problem, but 28 points??  They had 10 at halftime!!!  That's not USM basketball, and not a very good debut for Sam Allen, maybe this is looking like a tough year in Maine.  There was only 1 double digit scorer in the game and that was Jade Deroches for the Spartans who had 14.  But this wasn't good.....for either side.  Teams shot a combined 23.7% overall (22-93), 32.1% from 3 (9-28 [USM was 2-14]), 53.3% from the free throw line  :o, and combined to turn it over 44 times.  So yah.  Castleton should be happy USM only shot 8-44.  Salem State was a 62-40 win over Thomas, so USM gets Thomas while Castleton plays the host Vikings.

RIC over Farmingdale 71-47.
Tyra Harrison was the lone Ram in double figures as she finished with 11 points.  Devin Hill had a game high 22 for the Anchorwomen, and Rybecca Gonzalez added 16.  Alex Moore finished with 0 points on 0-9 shooting (0-8 from 3), but she lead the team with 7 assists.  What's with all these missed free throws??  These are free points teams are giving away.  Not that it would have mattered in this game, but RIC was 15-22 and Farmingdale was 10-22.  Western New England beat St. Joseph's (CT), so Farmingdale gets SJCT, while RIC gets WNE.

2-1 LEC; 2-1 me.

Saturday schedule:
Rivier @ Dartmouth 12 noon
Thomas vs. USM (@ Salem State) 1 PM
Nichols @ Eastern 1 PM
Plymouth State @ New England College 1 PM
RIC vs. Western New England 3 PM
Sage @ Keene State 3 PM
Boston vs. Endicott (@ Maine-Maritime) 4 PM

AllStar

I'm a firm believer that a non-conference schedule filled with tomato cans does nothing to help anybody get better, nor does it prepare anybody to play good teams....or even mediocre ones, really.

7express

Sat schedule.  7 of the 8 teams in action today as Western is the lone school that doesn't play:

River @ Dartmouth.
What more can Megan Ronaghan do for the Corsairs??  As a freshmen in 13-14 she won the rookie of the year and last year in 14-15 she won the player of the year, so kind of difficult to improve on those 2 awards.  The Corsairs are coming off a tie for the regular season LEC crown, their first in program history.  Raiders were a disappointing 11-14 last year after winning 20 games 2 seasons ago.  Corsairs are a 15 point favorite, and I think they'll get the win by more then that. Other game in this tournament is a dandy with 25-4 Westfield State taking on 19-8 Coast Guard. Dartmouth 79-60.  I'll get the rest in a bit.

Thomas vs. USM.
Both teams coming off losses in the season opener.  Thomas lost by 22 to Salem, USM lost by 15 to Castleton.  Thomas scored only 40, USM managed only 28 points last night.  Despite those offensive numbers, the oddsmakers have the Huskies as a huge 45.5 point favorite.  If the same team that shot 8-44 shoots the same way today I'm not even sure they'll win, yet alone by 46!  USM 67-38.

Nichols @ Eastern.
Eastern opens up defense of their LEC championship and sweet 16 title team from last year.  Nichols finished 6-19 and 3-13 in the CCC last year and this will be the only time they'll play an LEC team this year.  Other game in this tournament is the marquee game of the night between 2 NCAA teams from last year: Regis (MA) vs. Bridgewater State.  Eastern is a 30 point favorite.  Big number, which I think Nichols beats late in the game.  Eastern 77-49.

Plymouth State @ New England College.
First game for new Panthers coach Allison Foley, and a tough matchup as they take on a team that finished 21-7 overall last year.  Hopefully this is a better result then Sam Allen had for USM last night.  Pilgrims are an 8 point favorite, and I think they cruise to the victory.  NEC 67-39.

RIC vs. Western New England (@ St. Joseph's CT).
The Golden Bears finished 17-11 out of the Commonwealth Coast Conference a year ago, and this will be their only meeting against an LEC team this year, while the Anchorwomen will play CCC team Roger Williams later this month.  Western New England is a 5.5 point favorite, but I think RIC gets the win and the championship; 63-61.

Sage @ Keene.
The Gators have finished with back to back winning seasons for the first time in program history as Allison Coleman has kept them in the NCAA discussion since taking over for Jackie Craft who lead the Gators to their first ever trip to the NCAA's in 2014.  Coleman was the top assistant and the all time leading scorer @ Eastern, so she knows a thing or 2 about the LEC & Keene State.   The Gators next game will be vs. LEC conference foe Western on Tuesday night, while the Owls will not be playing another Skyline team this season.  Owls are a 10 point favorite, but I think Sage keeps it close.  Not winning, but losing by less than double digits.  Keene 68-61.

Boston vs. Endicott (@ Maine-Maritime).
Another first, this time for coach Kristina Baugh, taking over on an interim basis for Courtney Mattingly, and really Mattingly left her in a pretty good spot.  She has to replace Kirsten Morrison, but really everyone else from last season's 19-9 squad which set school records for overall wins (19), LEC wins (9) and LEC tournament wins (2) and was about 45 seconds away from clinching the schools first NCAA bid, so the talent is there for the Beacons to improve on last year's success and make the next step: get an LEC championship, and get the program it's first NCAA bid.  It's been a long 4.5 years, but looks like I finally got the Beacons bandwagon on the straight and narrow.   This will be a tough test for the Beacons, as the Gulls are usually up there at the top in the CCC competing for second place with Salve behind UNE, but after finishing 23-7 in 13/14, the Gulls dipped to a 12-15 record last season.  Odds makers have made the Beacons a 7.5 point favorite, and I say they cover the spread.  if everyone stays healthy and on the court this year, this could be a dangerous out.  Boston 76-68

7express

Sat results:

Dartmouth over Rivier 79-42. 
Caitlyn Perry lead the Raiders with 17 points while Beth Constantini had a game high 22 for the Corsairs, and Nakira Examund added 20 points and 10 rebounds.  This was an 18-16 lead after the first quarter (remember women are now playing quarters), but a 26-7 Dartmouth bulge in the 2nd quarter blew the game open and they rolled from there.  Coast Guard beat Westfield 96-93, so the Corsairs play the Bears, while the Raiders get the Owls.

USM cruises past Thomas 64-24.
Katie McAlister lead the Terriers with 7 points while Kelly Macomber had 10 rebounds.  Ella Ramonas lead the Huskies with 16 points while Megan Pelletier added 11 points.  Thomas finished shooting 8-50 from the floor, 1-12 from 3, 7-14 from the free throw line, and turned the ball over 27 times.  Thomas is off until the 24th when they play @ Colby, while USM plays @ nationally ranked UNE Tuesday evening.

Eastern crushes Nichols 86-48.
Brooke Packard (13) and Taylor Daniels (17) combined for over 60% of the Bisons total output.  Lexis Foster lead the Warriors with a game high 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, Jull Ritrosky had 13 points and a game high 12 rebounds, and Erin Brooks had 11 points and 11 rebounds off the bench.   Eastern lead 23-4 after the first quarter and wasn't severely threatened the rest of the game.  Bridgewater beat Regis 60-56, so Eastern gets the Bears, while the Bison and the Pride square off in the first game.

NEC beats Plymouth 76-59.
The Panthers only conference men's or women's team that lost on Saturday.  They played 13 games (6 men & 7 women) and the conference went 12-1 in those 13 games.  Most of them were against bad teams so take that for what it's worth, but 12 of 13 is pretty good for an afternoon.  Taylor Perry (14) and Ace Lawrence (13) were the high scorers for the Panthers.  Mikala Malboeuf lead the Pilgrims with 17 points off the bench, and Laquil McKnight lead the Pilgrim starters with 13 points.  Plymouth was in this after the first only trailing 18-13 after the first 10 minutes, but the next 10 minutes saw the Pilgrims outscore the Panthers 20-6, so that was all she wrote for the Panthers.  Pilgrims next play Daniel Webster Monday evening, while the Panthers face Rivier on Tuesday evening.

RIC cruises past WNE 71-45.
Devin Hill had a career high 33 points on 12-18 shooting and Alex Moore had 21 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists.  Dorothy O'Neil lead the Golden Bears with 18 points.  After hitting only 15-22 from the free throw line Friday, RIC finished this game 15-16.   Golden Bears have the big Springfield rivalry game with Springfield on Tuesday, while RIC plays @ Emmanuel on Thursday.

Keene over Sage 81-65.
Genevieve Schoff lead the Gators with 22 points, though the Gators put 5 players in double figures.  Emily McPadden lead the Owls with 20 points off the bench, and Valerie Martin also had 18 points off the bench, those 2 a big reason the Owl bench outscored the Gators bench 44-10.  Steph D'annolfo padded the stat sheet: 11 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 6 steals, 5 turnovers, and 4 fouls.  Jump up in competition coming on Wednesday for the Owls as they head down 91 to take on MASCAC power Westfield State, while the Gators have their home opener Tuesday night against Western Connecticut.

Boston edges Endicott 66-63.
Hannah Kiernan lead the Gulls with 15 points and Kelsey Guddy had 14 points and 10 rebounds.  Taje Burston had 13 for the Beacons while Olivia Murphy had game highs of 23 rebounds and 19 points.  Boston plays Maine Maritime who was a 75-28 winner over Maine Presque Isle (I'm guessing they'll have a tougher time against the Beacons...I know really going out on a limb there  :P) while the Gulls should get out of Maine with a split as they should dispatch Presque Isle.

8-2 LEC; 9-1 me.

Sunday schedule:
Coast Guard @ Dartmouth 2 PM
Boston @ Maritime 2 PM
Bridgewater @ Eastern 3 PM

7express

Sunday schedule:

Dartmouth over Coast Guard 73-59.
Meghan Fornaro lead the Bears with 23 points, and Gill Gerton just missed a double double with 10 points and 9 rebounds.  Megan Ronaghan lead the Corsairs with 27 points and pulled down 9 rebounds, Beth Castantini had 21 points of her own, and Nakira Examond had 8 points and a game high 13 rebounds.  Teams shot a combined 7-39 from 3.  Game was tied after 3, but Corsairs pulled away in the 4th outscoring the Bears by 14 in the final 10 minutes.  Bears are next in action Friday night when they play Dickinson at Ithaca, while the Corsairs resume play on Wednesday night hosting WPI.

Boston over Maine-Maritime 55-37.
Alayne Felix lead the Mariners with 17 points and 10 rebounds, while Olivia Murphy had her usual game: 18 points and 16 rebounds, through 2 games she's at 18.5 points and 19.5 rebounds per game.  Beacons held the Mariners to 10 points or fewer in 3 of the 4 quarters.  Both teams are off until Saturday: Mariners play St. Joseph's (ME), while the Beacons have their home opener at the Clark Athletic Center vs. Framingham State.

Eastern pounds Bridgewater 70-49.
Sara Dasilva lead the Bears with 16 points off the bench, and Chanelle Melton lead the Bears starters with 15 points.  The rest of the team combined for 18 total.  Jordyn Nappi lead the Warriors with 29 points on 11-22 shooting, and Jill Ritrosky had 19 points and a game high 11 rebounds.   Another game with dreadful shooting from beyond the arc as they combined for only 7-38 for 3.  Bears next play William Smith on Friday night,  while the Warriors host Emmanuel on Tuesday.

11-2 LEC; 9-1 me (forgot to pick these 3 but probably would've gone with all 3 LEC teams).

Next games Tuesday:
Western (-7) @ Sage 5:30 PM
Rivier (-6.5) vs. Plymouth (@ New Hampshire Tech) 6 PM
Emmanuel (+11) @ Eastern 7 PM
Southern Maine (+10.5) @ UNE 7:30 PM

7express

Tuesday predictions:

Western @ Sage.
This is the opening game of the season for the Colonials, while the Gators come in at 1-1.  This is the second straight games against an LEC team for the Gators who are coming off an 81-65 loss to the Keene Owls over the weekend.  Last season in Allison Coleman's season debut at Sage, the Gators lost a close one in Danbury 51-47.  Western 50-48.

Rivier vs. Plymouth.
Last year the Panthers won 46-41 which was one of their 6 wins last year, their highest win total since 2010-11 when they won 8 games.  Rivier 57-51.

Emmanuel @ Eastern.
The Warriors got the 13 point win in Boston last year.  Even though the Saints haven't lost a regular season conference GNAC game since 2010, they got upset in the 1/8 game in 2014, and lost in the finals last year.  Eastern 68-58.

USM @ UNE.
This is the season opener for the Nor'Easters who are ranked #17 in the country, while the Huskies had an embarrassing showing against Castleton in their season opener, before rebounding and devouring the cupcake known as Thomas.  They lost at home 77-73 last year and have somehow lost 5 of 6 in this season series with the lone win coming in USM's 27-2 season in 2013.  UNE 67-54

7express

Tues results:

Western over Sage 79-72.
Emily Parslow was one of 4 Gators starters in double figures as she lead all scorers with 17 points.  Emily Dobson lead the Colonials with 15 points and 11 rebounds, and Alecia Dulaire had 11 points off the bench.  Western lead by 10 after the first, and trailed by 2 after 3, before outscoring Sage by 9 in the 4th.  Gators are next in action Thursday night @ Albertus, while the Colonials next play Friday against Elms in the opener of the Hat City tournament.

Rivier edges Plymouth 63-59.
Caitlyn Perry and Kaylee Kacavas each had 17 to lead the Raiders, while Savannah Butterfield added 11 points and a team high 10 rebounds.  Ace Lawrence lead the Panthers with 15 points, Annaliese Schmidt added 14, and Jess Conant added 12 points and 11 rebounds.  Only 6 Raiders scored, but 3 players accounted for over 75% of their total points.  Raiders back in action Thursday night @ Fitchburg, while the Panthers start the LEC season when they travel to Dartmouth on Saturday.  Seems a little too early to playing conference games, doesn't it??

Eastern over Emmanuel 67-62.
Sarah Higgins lead the Saints with 28 points, while Lena Negri lead the team in rebounds with 10.  For the Warriors, Jill Ritrosky had a team high 18 points and grabbed 8 rebounds, Jordyn Nappi and Erin Brooks each added 13, and Lexis Foster had a game high 12 rebounds.  Emmanuel was up by 5 at halftime, but a 21-9 Eastern splurge in the 3rd put them in the lead they never relinquished.  Emmanuel next plays Thursday night @ RIC, while Eastern is off until next Tuesday when they head to Medford, MA to take on the Tufts Jumbos.

UNE over USM 74-62.
No boxscore out yet, but this was tied at 32 at the half, so it looks like the Huskies hung around for a bit.  Both teams play Bates next: UNE plays them Saturday, USM is off until next Tuesday when they play the Bobcats.

13-4 LEC; 13-1 me.

Next games Wednesday:
Keene State (-2.5) @ Westfield 7 PM
WPI (+11) @ Dartmouth 8 PM

7express

Wed predictions:

Keene @ Westfield.
Keene Owls are 2-0 beating cream puffs Cobleskill & Sage while the Westfield Owls are 1-1 beating a cream puff in Rivier and losing a close game to a good Coast Guard team.  Westfield is a better team and is at home, so I'll give them the edge, even though the oddsmakers favor the Keene Owls.  Westfield 67-64.

WPI @ Dartmouth.
Both teams come in 2-0, but the Corsairs have played the better teams.  The Engineers are only allowing 27 ppg this year as they gave up 17 to Becker and 37 to Clark, 2 awful teams, and I'm guessing the Engineers will have a hard time maintaining that average, as the opponents ppg could sky rocket.  The Corsairs pounded cream puff Rivier, and beat a good Coast Guard team by double digits.  Dartmouth 75-57

7express

WOW Keene blows out a really good Westfield team 93-64.  I don't think they'll be able to score 73 every night much less 93, but I think they can be this year's Boston.

Wed results:
Keene clobbers Westfield 93-64.
Keene put 6 players in double figures lead by Emily McPadden with 17 off the bench, Amanda Petrow added 10 points and 11 rebounds, Steph D'Annolfo added 13 points and 8 rebounds, and Kelsey Cognetta had 6 assists.  Jill Valley lead Westfield with a game high 18 points.  Westfield (1-2) is back in action Saturday when they travel to local rival Western New England, while Keene (3-0) hosts Smith on Saturday afternoon.

Dartmouth edges WPI 67-65 in overtime.
Engineers were lead by Ama Biney who had 17 points, and Stasha Greenalch who had 14 points both off the bench, while the Corsairs were paced by Megan Ronaghan as usual who put in a game high 22, and Chelsea Houlihan just missed a double-double with 9 points and 9 rebounds.  WPI trailed by 7 after the 3rd quarter, but Greenalch missed 2 free throws at the closing end of the 4th quarter, which would have won the Engineers the game.  Engineers (2-1) are back in action Saturday when they take on RIC, while the Corsairs (3-0) open the LEC conference portion of the schedule when they host Plymouth on Saturday.

15-4 LEC; 14-2 me.

1 game on Thursday:
RIC (+4.5) @ Emmanuel 7 PM

7express

Thursday results:

Emmanuel over RIC 57-51.
Sarah Higgins lead the Saints with 12 points and Lena Negri added 11 points and 12 rebounds.  Devin Hill lead the Anchorwomen with 20 points and 11 rebounds, while Alex Moore added 12 points and 6 rebounds.  Saints even their record at 2-2 and host Skidmore on Saturday afternoon, while the Anchorwomen (2-1) travel to Worcester to play WPI Saturday night.

1 game Friday:
Elms (+30) @ Western 5 PM

7express

Western clobbers Elms 87-60.
Emily Burr lead all scorers with 23 to pace the Blazers; Kaitlyn Labonte lead the Colonials with 17, and Alyssa Eannotii had 10 points and 13 rebounds.  Blazers (0-3) get Purchase who got doubled up by Roger Williams 88-44, while the Colonials (2-0) get the Hawks.  The Colonials men also get Roger Williams in the men's tip off tournament @ Roger Williams.

15-2 LEC.

Sat schedule:
Plymouth (+26) @ Dartmouth 1 PM
Framingham (+8) @ Boston 1 PM
Smith (+9.5) @ Keene 2 PM
Roger Williams (+4.5) @ Western 4 PM
RIC (+3) @ WPI 5 PM