MBB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by njachoopsfan, March 16, 2005, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rams1102

Phil,

Leave my boys alone. :) Picking on a student athlete who made a visit to jail. ::) I think the program has come a long way. And don't forget Martinez and Gluck were real good kids. Teddy may becoming legit. ;) The transfer situition is always a problem. I'm not a fan of the revolving door either. Willy P, Ramapo, NJCU and Montclair should make the NJAC real interesting. Time will tell.
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

Knightstalker

The stalkerettes team played another game last night, they won 12-2 with the stalkerette scoring 4 points on 2 for 2 shooting and getting most of her teams rebounds.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

irapthor

Quote from: Knightstalker on January 14, 2012, 10:42:41 AM
The stalkerettes team played another game last night, they won 12-2 with the stalkerette scoring 4 points on 2 for 2 shooting and getting most of her teams rebounds.

Coach Mulligan already has the Stalkerette on her wish list for the 2020 season...
Ira Thor
Award-winning former 20-year SID and Assistant AD at New Jersey City University. Current Chief Communications Officer. NY/NJ and national professional and collegiate PA announcer, PBP announcer and commentator. D3hoops.com Top voter since 2002......Howell Township (NJ) Board of Education...Husband/father of 3. Hasbeen soccer goalkeeper.

Knightstalker

This shouldn't affect football but will it have an impact on the NJAC for other sports?  Governor proposing that Rowan take over RU Camden.
http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/christie-seeks-nj-higher-education-overhaul/45eda06c10304d66995fde7a99b7e545

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

phil

For sports, the question would be whether Rowan University of Camden remains independent athletically – or does it get folded into Rowan University in general? Does Rowan become the second D1 state Uni in NJ? I doubt Joe taxpayer will want to front the bill for another D1 athletic program. For that matter does Mr. Christie want to call Rowan "The University of New Jersey"? I can think of $100,000,000 in questionably earned Inductotherm money that says Rowan will stay Rowan as long as Henry is around. This brings up quite a few questions & what ifs...

For some reason I find it hard to believe that any of this will happen. Especially once Christie is stumping for Mitt as the Vice Presidential candidate.

rams1102

Looks like the NJAC is going to be very interesting to say the least. Montclair, Ramapo and NJCU are right on the heels of Willy P after their loss to Rowan. As a Montclair homer I'm thinking positive, but we usually fall apart down the end. Boy I hope they prove me wrong. Teddy is doing a nice job. Everyone plays each other the next (2) weeks. Wow!!! Should be fun. The team that scares me is Stockton. I hope to see (2) teams from the NJAC make it to the dance. Hope the Red Hawks are one of them. ;)
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

rams1102

Wow, this board is as dead as the NJAC Football Board. ::) Looks like willy P is the favorite. I hope they go undefeated and lose in the NJAC Finals. That should get (2) teams to the dance. Montclair has done their usual fade, but we should make the NJAC Tournament and there is always a chance, slim, but a chance. ;) You have (6) good team and this makes the conference crazy. The most consistant team is Willy P then you have Ramapo, NJCU and Stockton. I think Stockton is the team, but I'm still hoping for my Red Hawks. :)

7express

It's amazing, Ramapo started the season in the top 20 IIRC, and they may not even make the conference tournament.

Knightstalker

The Stalkerette scored 2 points, had 5 rebounds and 2 steals in the Panthers 8-4 loss to Franklin Township last night.

gordonmann

QuoteIt's amazing, Ramapo started the season in the top 20 IIRC, and they may not even make the conference tournament.

Ramapo lost a bunch of guys off its roster, including Preseason All-American LaQuan Peterkin who is out for the season with an injury.

Knightstalker

The Washington Twp Panthers won last night 16-0 over the Mansfield Twp 3 team.  The Stalkerette scored 4 points, had 7 rebounds, one steal, one blocked shot and one assist.  The girls have really made progress over the last few weeks, they are playing together and learning the fundamentals. 

rams1102

The NJAC North is going to be very interesting. It's a shame that only (3) of the (5) teams will make the conference tournament. I think if Montclair can knock off Ramapo at home and Jersey City takes care of Rutgers Nwk the Red Hawks will have a slim chance. Ya never know. ::)

7express

If NJCU beats Newark and Montclair beats Ramapo 4 teams would tie for 2nd at 7-6.  Good luck trying to figure which of those 7-6 teams make the tournament.

rams1102

Quote from: 7express on February 13, 2012, 03:34:34 AM
If NJCU beats Newark and Montclair beats Ramapo 4 teams would tie for 2nd at 7-6.  Good luck trying to figure which of those 7-6 teams make the tournament.

If the above happens Newark will have (7) losses. They are out. NJCU is then in and the tie breaker in the MSU / Ramapo game is huge. If MSU loses "adios and vio condios". If MSU wins I think they are in. In closing, "if the Queen had balls she would be the King." ;)

irapthor

Quote from: rams1102 on February 13, 2012, 09:20:31 PM
Quote from: 7express on February 13, 2012, 03:34:34 AM

If the above happens Newark will have (7) losses. They are out. NJCU is then in and the tie breaker in the MSU / Ramapo game is huge. If MSU loses "adios and vio condios". If MSU wins I think they are in. In closing, "if the Queen had balls she would be the King." ;)

Here's the official scenario:

Ramapo is in. Montclair is out. No matter what happens.

If NJCU wins and Ramapo wins, Ramapo is the #2 and faces Rowan; NJCU would be the #3 and visit Kean.
If NJCU wins and Montclair wins, NJCU is the #2 seed, Ramapo is the #3
If Newark wins, Ramapo is the #2 and Newark is the #3, regardless of the results of the Ramapo/MSU game.
Ira Thor
Award-winning former 20-year SID and Assistant AD at New Jersey City University. Current Chief Communications Officer. NY/NJ and national professional and collegiate PA announcer, PBP announcer and commentator. D3hoops.com Top voter since 2002......Howell Township (NJ) Board of Education...Husband/father of 3. Hasbeen soccer goalkeeper.