MBB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by njachoopsfan, March 16, 2005, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJBALLERZ

Great insight on the NJCU team.. happy to see everyone is healthy and that they will be back to full strength on Wednesday night.

I was only off by two points on the NJCU side of things with my final score prediction. Great win for NJCU. Really tough to win in that building... still can't believe TCNJ was able to get them TWICE last year on the road.

As for Ramapo, look for them to bounce back and get a win Wednesday night against William Paterson.

Knightstalker

NJCU beats William Paterson and Ramapo beats Montclair tonight.  Both teams keeping up the pace.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

hoya73

Knightstalker--don't forget TCNJ.  Tied with JCSU and hosts both Ramapo and Jersey City in the second half of league play.  Should be fun.

NJBALLERZ

Abnormal Monday night NJAC conference match-up tonight.. Montclair State @ Richard Stockton. Big one tonight for the Ospreys. They have a big three game week playing MSU twice in one week.... Look for Stockton to dial it up this week and come out hot. I wouldn't be surprised if Stockton goes on a run to end the season. I will be watching the live stream tonight.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: NJBALLERZ on January 30, 2017, 09:30:54 AM
Abnormal Monday night NJAC conference match-up tonight.. Montclair State @ Richard Stockton. Big one tonight for the Ospreys. They have a big three game week playing MSU twice in one week.... Look for Stockton to dial it up this week and come out hot. I wouldn't be surprised if Stockton goes on a run to end the season. I will be watching the live stream tonight.

That's because the game(s) is a make-up and this was their predetermined snow make-up date. Coach Harvey on the women's side talked about how she didn't want to play tonight... that she wanted to play any other Monday prior to this but couldn't get it changed. These two teams will play again on Saturday.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

TheOsprey

Stockton men outlast MSU 71-67!!

Stockton women knock off #18 Lady Redhawks in OT!!  :o

NJBALLERZ

Big time W for the Ospreys last night... huge night for Harmon. Look for them to keep it rolling as they visit a newly improved Rutgers Camden on Wednesday night.

TheOsprey

Ramapo and NJCU both win.

NJBALLERZ

Ramapo and NJCU both go down on Saturday. Huge week for Rowan going 2-0 vs very very good teams in TCNJ and NJCU. Stockton knocking off MSU twice this week was huge for them!  Final week and a half of NJAC basketball... should be fun to watch!

hoya73

Certainly don't want to face Rowan in the playoffs.  That's a good team.
Great job by TCNJ over the weekend.  Without their big guy, everyone hiked their game by 15% to make up for it and come away with a hard-fought win over a good Ramapo team, which puts them in a position to earn a bye.  But still much work left to do.

NJBALLERZ

First regional rankings have been released... NJAC has four teams in the top 8 in the Atlantic Region! Ramapo rounding out the top for the league at 2nd in the region, TCNJ at 4, NJCU at 5, and Rowan at 7.

NJAC per usual dominating the regional rankings.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: NJBALLERZ on February 08, 2017, 02:02:56 PM
First regional rankings have been released... NJAC has four teams in the top 8 in the Atlantic Region! Ramapo rounding out the top for the league at 2nd in the region, TCNJ at 4, NJCU at 5, and Rowan at 7.

NJAC per usual dominating the regional rankings.

Don't get too excited. It honestly isn't that hard to get ranked in the Atlantic Region. The CUNYAC and Skyline don't produce enough good teams to be a factor. Staten Island from the CUNYAC is ranked, but you could argue they shouldn't have been ranked. That leads the NJAC, CSAC, and the MAC Freedom... that's it. So yeah, the NJAC has four teams. The CSAC has two (could argue should have three).

Having four is nice, but Ramapo and TCNJ are the only ones that are in position that may allow for an extra bid from the conference... but we have more to come. The problem is, the NJAC is FULL of bad SOS numbers. Any extra losses and an extra bid will go bye-bye.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

phil

TCNJ shot themselves in the foot with out of conference losses to Skidmore, Western Conn., and Penn State-Harrisburg. Not exactly a murderer's row of out of conference games. Win 2 out of 3 and the Lions are sitting pretty with a 19-4 record. Instead, at 17-6, they would have to win their last two regular season games, a playoff game, and be heading into the NJAC finals with a 20-6 record to have a chance for consideration. Don't know if 20-7 with quality wins against Ramapo and NJCU is going to get it done. Also, don't know the status of Brackett's knee injury. Without him, an NJAC championship which would likely include victories over NJCU and Ramapo seems far fetched.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: phil on February 09, 2017, 09:53:18 AM
TCNJ shot themselves in the foot with out of conference losses to Skidmore, Western Conn., and Penn State-Harrisburg. Not exactly a murderer's row of out of conference games. Win 2 out of 3 and the Lions are sitting pretty with a 19-4 record. Instead, at 17-6, they would have to win their last two regular season games, a playoff game, and be heading into the NJAC finals with a 20-6 record to have a chance for consideration. Don't know if 20-7 with quality wins against Ramapo and NJCU is going to get it done. Also, don't know the status of Brackett's knee injury. Without him, an NJAC championship which would likely include victories over NJCU and Ramapo seems far fetched.

Honestly, the Skidmore loss is not that bad... Skidmore is a very good team and should they make the NCAA tournament would be one of those other teams won't want to be matched up against.

The other two? I agree... should have won those.

hoya73

Agreed that those losses hurt a lot.  No embarrassment losing to Skidmore by 10 in their gym when they shoot 60%.  Western Conn Murdock gets hurt and misses the last 18 minutes, but still...gotta find a way to win that.  No explanation for PS-H.  Still, this is a team when they are fully healthy that could make some noise.  Hope they keep winning so they can get a chance.