#10:Amin Wright
Two-Time NJAC Defensive Player of the Year
NJAC 1st Team All-Conference
NJAC Senior All-Star MVP
D3hoops 1st Team All-Atlantic Region
D3Hoops 3rd Team All-American
NABC All-Atlantic District
MET D3 Player of the Year
For as long as I been following the RoadRunners, it seems as if their non-returning players always fall off the face of the Earth!!!! Besides Robert Anderson, who is still a part of the program through coaching, what happenned to everyone after him? As of late, the "Boogiemaster"?  ???

Knightstalker

Who else did Ramapo lose for this season?  Wasn't Holley a senior and a couple of other players?

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

gordonmann

Ramapo loses Amin Wright, Ben Allen, Derrick Holley and Eliazar Velez.  Wright was the only starter though the others contributed off the bench.

And we've had a few Ramapo players on this page -- more than for any other team in this region -- though they may be using pseudonyms.

Knightstalker

I think they will really miss Holley, he was an outstanding defender with some of the quickest hands I have ever seen.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

Knightstalker

Ramapo' starting center Rashawn Wilson is also missing from the roster.  NJCUs' roster is posted on the NJCU website.  Abe Williams is the biggest name missing for the Knights, it was expected though, I think he had to give up something and basketball was the least important.  He will  be missed, he was a good player and good influence on the team, he worked hard and there was no quit in him.

Coach C

Ahhh the usual NJAC roster turnover continues.  I think that this is really the major issue that prevents the NJAC from being a premier national conference, on the level of the CCIW, WIAC and MIAA.  When you are constantly churning players through, you generally have to take a step back at the beginning of trhe season so you can take two steps forward later.  Sometimes it's two steps back and only one forward though!

Knightstalker

Coach C, I think you may be right about the roster turnover.  Some schools have a large turnover almost every year and some don't have that much.  I think the better programs, Rowan, NCU, WPU and Ramapo over the last 10 to 15 years have not had the roster turnover that schools like Montclair and RU Newark do.  TCNJ doesn't have much turnover but they just can't seem to recruit the top players anymore, whether this is because of admission standards or a lack of effort from the coaching staff or a combination of both is unknown.  Kean is another school that while historically a middle of the pack school they do maintain a solid roster core, and they lose their homecourt advantage this season.

I can only speak of what I see at NJCU regarding the turnover on the roster.  Coach Brown will take in transfers from a County College and from other schools.  The core of his roster is almost always players that have been in the program two years or more.  The majority of the players that leave are usually ones who think that because they are pretty good ball players they don't have to go to class.  Unfortunately for them they find out that Coach does not play that way, which may have flown in HS but not for Coach Brown.  NJCU loses players sometimes because family obligations take precedence over basketball.  A lot of the students at NJCU are the first in their family to go to college.  NJCU is primarily a commuter school, which is part of why they could never field a good football team year in year out.  Sometimes a player leaves the program because they need to work to support their family, pay tuition or they have to drop down to part time status and become ineligible that way.  I am pretty sure this cuts across most of the NJAC teams.

The loss of Abe Williams is a big one for NJCU; he was one of the better low post players in the conference and lead by example on the court.  I never saw him taking plays off.  His loss was expected, it hurts to realize it but it was expected.  It is very difficult to play basketball, raise a family, go to school full time and work full time.  Abe worked nights loading trucks at UPS, went home got a little sleep, got up and got the kids ready and off to school.  He then went to school himself, studied, went to class and then practiced every afternoon.  He would then go home, take care of the kids, get a couple more hours of sleep and then start the whole routine over again.  I never heard him say anything about this or complain about his schedule.  This was told to me by people in the Athletic Department who were amazed that he could do this.

Coach C

Knightstalker -

It's not like other conferences don't have this problem.  I do think that it tends to mark the difference between the conferences with a national reputation and those that occasionally have teams that break onto the national stage. 

Truck

Quote from: knightstalker on October 28, 2005, 10:55:22 PM
Ramapo' starting center Rashawn Wilson is also missing from the roster.

Wilson is on the team...

Commitment, Hard Work, No Shortcuts

ramapofan

Ramapo looked really good in beating up on Bloomfield College last week.  Bloomfield was picked to win their conference this year and has a D2 all-american pg.  Even though he didnt look like one that night.

Greek Tragedy

Be sure to head over to the Multi-Regional Topics Board and select your team for the new Survivor Pool!  :D

You might actually win something!  ;D
Deadline is Friday before the first game's tipoff
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Knightstalker

Quote from: ramapofan on November 13, 2005, 04:14:12 PM
Ramapo looked really good in beating up on Bloomfield College last week.  Bloomfield was picked to win their conference this year and has a D2 all-american pg.  Even though he didnt look like one that night.

Ramapo or any NJAC team beating Bloomfield is like Duke beating FDU, don't read too much into it.

Knightstalker

NJCU loses to Scranton in the first game 70 to 75.

Truck

Ramapo College Tip-Off Tournament

On Saturday: Ramapo def. Medgar Evers, 87-73

On Sunday (Championship): Ramapo def. FDU-Florham, 72-55

All-Tournament Team
Medgar Evers – Perry Wilkes
Yeshiva – Harel Vatavu
FDU-Florham – Pierre Schmitt
Ramapo – Rashawn Wilson, Todd Lowber

*MVP* – Ramapo – John Wojcik

Commitment, Hard Work, No Shortcuts

Knightstalker

Talk about stacking a tournament to give yourselves a quick start.  That is what a lot of teams do though.