FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: emma17 on April 13, 2018, 06:10:32 PM
He's Merle, and I for one am thankful for his participation on the boards.

Would you think so if he were a UWW poster?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D O.C.

No! No! No! No time outs. This has been the best first two weeks in April I've ever noticed.

pradierguy

Quote from: Frank Rossi on April 13, 2018, 06:30:44 PM
Theaprof -

With all due respect, the only person perhaps I owed any explanation to during the last months wasn't Merle, wasn't you... It was D'Angelo.  And I didn't hesitate to have that conversation when it was requested.  His stories about preseason 2017 and where he derived his "drive and motivation" didn't fully match any story on here, and things I felt needed to be said on here were stated.  Since that conversation, I reported it, clarified the legal situation, and joked around more than anything with Merle after telling him Fulford wasn't appreciating the igniting Merle was doing related to him.  Remember something -- Merle's use of "sloppy seconds" for Poorman was as ridiculous as it gets, and it was my last straw with him that led to a lot of my venom.  I will not apologize for bullying the bully.  And his attempt to play victim constantly since I gave him a taste of his own medicine is telling.

At the very least, I got a chance to speak with D'Angelo to set both of our records straight -- he seems like a good guy who I look forward to speaking with more in the future when he is able to.

TLDR: it's ok for me to be like this. I'm a lawyer, have a show on this website, and had a conversation with Fulford once. So I know everything and my opinions cannot be wrong.

I'm a fan of moving along. If I see "drive and motivation" one more time I might puke.

purple

I hope to go see Dom Davis in the Walsh University spring game today. Hopes he sets the place on fire. Luke Poorman is a hell of a quarterback and UMHB is going to be better with him. Sure, as a Mount Union fan I would selfishly like them to stay at Mount in case of an injury but Mount Union doesn't run the QB much anymore.   Davis and Poorman are good enough to start ,and deserve to start. Fulford is an All American and was the best quarterback in D3 last year by a mile, despite the fact he was left off D3 Footballs team for whatever absurd reason. He is a young man who could get us two more Championships before he graduates and leave as one of the best ever. He won the job fair and square in practice, he beat out Luke and Dom. And remember who helps coach the QBs at Mount Union.  It was no surprise to the coaches he played as well as he did.
Also, Mount Union is having a "Dom Capers Day" on September 1, 2018 at the University. Details will follow. I hope to see some of you guys there.

emma17

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 13, 2018, 06:58:28 PM

Why wouldn't I? Does anybody doubt his loyalty to Mt? I think he's the Mt version of the super fans "Da Bears".  He's frustrated me many times, but he's also made me laugh out loud just as often.

In the specific battle with Frank, I honestly think he was pretty well behaved. IMO he didn't act like a bully in any way toward Frank. I've never thought of him as a bully. An instigator yes, not a bully.
Frank was far from gentlemanly in this debate and he was flat out wrong for claiming Merle was bullying him.

umhb2001

Quote from: purple on April 14, 2018, 08:03:59 AM
  I hope to go see Dom Davis in the Walsh University spring game today. Hopes he sets the place on fire. Luke Poorman is a hell of a quarterback and UMHB is going to be better with him. Sure, as a Mount Union fan I would selfishly like them to stay at Mount in case of an injury but Mount Union doesn't run the QB much anymore.   Davis and Poorman are good enough to start ,and deserve to start. Fulford is an All American and was the best quarterback in D3 last year by a mile, despite the fact he was left off D3 Footballs team for whatever absurd reason. He is a young man who could get us two more Championships before he graduates and leave as one of the best ever. He won the job fair and square in practice, he beat out Luke and Dom. And remember who helps coach the QBs at Mount Union.  It was no surprise to the coaches he played as well as he did.
Also, Mount Union is having a "Dom Capers Day" on September 1, 2018 at the University. Details will follow. I hope to see some of you guys there.

I agree that Fulford was good, but did you see Germinerio for Brockport? Having watched him play against UMHB and then seeing Fulford in Virginia, I would have to say that I believe Germinerio to have an advantage athletically while Fulford has more talent around him. I believe that if Germinerio had more help around him, he would be much better.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Dr. Acula

Quote from: umhb2001 on April 14, 2018, 07:28:34 PM

I agree that Fulford was good, but did you see Germinerio for Brockport? Having watched him play against UMHB and then seeing Fulford in Virginia, I would have to say that I believe Germinerio to have an advantage athletically while Fulford has more talent around him. I believe that if Germinerio had more help around him, he would be much better.

Just to be clear here, you're basing this on one game each?  If one game is the sample size I can't imagine how excited you must be about Poorman if you watched the Frostburg game then. 

Frank Rossi

Quote from: pradierguy on April 14, 2018, 07:54:44 AM

TLDR: it's ok for me to be like this. I'm a lawyer, have a show on this website, and had a conversation with Fulford once. So I know everything and my opinions cannot be wrong.

I'm a fan of moving along. If I see "drive and motivation" one more time I might puke.

To be clear, I do not "have a show on this website." As for my opinions, etc., my first post on this topic was, "We just don't know," concerning message board posters pontificating on the past and the future.  As in, too many people state opinions as fact too often.  I'm not sure what their drive and motivation for doing that is.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Frank Rossi on April 15, 2018, 09:12:05 AM
Quote from: pradierguy on April 14, 2018, 07:54:44 AM

To be clear, I do not "have a show on this website." As for my opinions, etc., my first post on this topic was, "We just don't know," concerning message board posters pontificating on the past and the future.  As in, too many people state opinions as fact too often.  I'm not sure what their drive and motivation for doing that is.

Is that a fact?  Or an opinion?
[  

umhb2001

Quote from: Dr. Acula on April 14, 2018, 08:17:03 PM

Just to be clear here, you're basing this on one game each?  If one game is the sample size I can't imagine how excited you must be about Poorman if you watched the Frostburg game then.

I'm not sure what your point is here. I'm basing my thoughts on having seen video of Fulford, video of Germinerio, and having seen them live. What excites me about Poorman is the decision making and accuracy. In respect to the number of games played, don't forget that Poorman played several games as a freshman and put up some good numbers both passing and running.

You are correct, it is probably not fair for me to make a comment based off of one showing of each, but there are some pieces there that I think are worth looking at.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Dr. Acula

Quote from: umhb2001 on April 15, 2018, 10:25:02 PM

I'm not sure what your point is here. I'm basing my thoughts on having seen video of Fulford, video of Germinerio, and having seen them live. What excites me about Poorman is the decision making and accuracy. In respect to the number of games played, don't forget that Poorman played several games as a freshman and put up some good numbers both passing and running.

You are correct, it is probably not fair for me to make a comment based off of one showing of each, but there are some pieces there that I think are worth looking at.

I was just busting your balls a little because you said you saw them against UMHB and you made it sound like that was the only time you saw them.  Sometimes tongue in cheek doesn't come across very well in type!  And you should be excited about Poorman.  With a typical Cru defense he is the perfect type of QB.

SaintsFAN

Quote from: Dr. Acula on April 16, 2018, 09:56:42 AM
Quote from: umhb2001 on April 15, 2018, 10:25:02 PM

I was just busting your balls a little because you said you saw them against UMHB and you made it sound like that was the only time you saw them.  Sometimes tongue in cheek doesn't come across very well in type!  And you should be excited about Poorman.  With a typical Cru defense he is the perfect type of QB.

Poorman is DEFINITELY an upgrade, I can't wait to see what the framework of that offense is for 2018. 
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

merlecanlas

Quote from: emma17 on April 14, 2018, 10:18:01 AM

Why wouldn't I? Does anybody doubt his loyalty to Mt? I think he's the Mt version of the super fans "Da Bears".  He's frustrated me many times, but he's also made me laugh out loud just as often.

In the specific battle with Frank, I honestly think he was pretty well behaved. IMO he didn't act like a bully in any way toward Frank. I've never thought of him as a bully. An instigator yes, not a bully.
Frank was far from gentlemanly in this debate and he was flat out wrong for claiming Merle was bullying him.

this makes my skin crawl... are we friends now?

merlecanlas

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20180414/walsh-offense-edges-defense-in-spring-football-game

Davis ran for a TD in the 3rd qtr.  Sounds like he might be 3rd string right now.  It was pretty much garbage weather on Saturday, did you go to the Walsh spring game?  How'd Davis look vs the other Walsh QB's?

jamtod

Quote from: merlecanlas on April 16, 2018, 12:49:19 PM
Quote from: emma17 on April 14, 2018, 10:18:01 AM

this makes my skin crawl... are we friends now?

I hate that I've had to resist the desire to give you +k so many times the last few days. Never would I have imagined that our ol' pal merle would become a somewhat sympathetic figure on here.