MBB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by WoosterFAN, January 27, 2005, 10:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishopleftiesdad

OWU beats Trine and Albion to start season 2-0.

smedindy

Wabash went 0-2, losing today to Webster in OT. Stachowski was injured, I heard, and played just 15 minutes.

woolax

Wooster with a nice victory over #4 Hanover 87-79.

bufordscot

Scot's lack of size is concerning however when they shoot well, they'll be tough.

WoostAr

The glaring stat for me for Wooster to start the season: 

3 pt%: 30.2%

In their two losses: 16% and 16.7% respectively.

smedindy

Little Giants upset Wooster on the road! 85-72. Eberhard had 20, Hallstrom and Davidson with 17. Great job LGs!

wally_wabash

Quote from: smedindy on December 04, 2017, 12:13:08 AM
Little Giants upset Wooster on the road! 85-72. Eberhard had 20, Hallstrom and Davidson with 17. Great job LGs!

I believe that was just Wabash's 4th win all time vs. Wooster at Timken.  Pretty heady stuff for that young group to go into that gym and get a win.  Would be nice to get back to back top 25 wins with OWU coming to C'ville on Wednesday! 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

smedindy

Quote from: wally_wabash on December 04, 2017, 09:27:10 AM

I believe that was just Wabash's 4th win all time vs. Wooster at Timken.  Pretty heady stuff for that young group to go into that gym and get a win.  Would be nice to get back to back top 25 wins with OWU coming to C'ville on Wednesday!

That win was without three key players due to injuries, too.

wally_wabash

Quote from: smedindy on December 04, 2017, 12:01:18 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on December 04, 2017, 09:27:10 AM

That win was without three key players due to injuries, too.

Yeah, depth is going to be a thing at some point.  Wabash has 6 active guys right now getting 20+ minutes.  I don't know how sustainable that is, so hopefully guys get healthy and back into the rotation soon.  That Hiram/Allegheny road trip is coming soon and that's a tough weekend to be on a short rotation. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Bishopleftiesdad

OWU ranked 19 in latest d3 hoops poll.

wally_wabash

Pretty good game at Chadwick last night.  OWU got the first 8 points of the game and it took Wabash over 5 minutes to finally score.  Undeterred by the slow start, the LGs chipped away and took a lead with about 9:30 minutes to play.  The Bishops answered with a short run, Wabash answered back to tie the game at 72-72 with 4 minutes to play.  Then OWU's experience and poise down the stretch carried the day.  Nate Axelrod didn't have his best night, but he consistently made the shots OWU needed at the times they needed it.  He's just outstanding, as you would expect a 7-year league veteran to be.   :)

I was really impressed with the way Wabash rebounded (outrebounded OWU 48-32) and did so without a lot of fouling (just 13 personal fouls for the game).  This team really scraps on the glass, which is nothing new for Wabash, but this group seems to be a little cleaner about it.  There's also some really nice offensive talent  here.  FR Jack Davidson went over 20 again last night.  You can tell this young team is still developing offensive cohesion, which is only going to improve game by game..there's a lot of reasons for optimism when we get into 2018 and the last half of the season.  Brum's got some really good stuff cooking in C'ville. 

Bishopleftiesdad

pennstghs

Another example of how the Top 25 rankings can be misleading. Wittenberg is not ranked (yet), but most likely would be 1 or 2 in the regional rankings currently. Regardless, some tough matchups for Witt coming up with a home date vs Marietta an excellent test in the holiday tournament in a few weeks.
WE ARE.................PENN STATE!
"Let's GO WITT"

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: pennstghs on December 13, 2017, 09:26:33 PM
Another example of how the Top 25 rankings can be misleading. Wittenberg is not ranked (yet), but most likely would be 1 or 2 in the regional rankings currently. Regardless, some tough matchups for Witt coming up with a home date vs Marietta an excellent test in the holiday tournament in a few weeks.
Witt is just outside the top 25. With Marietta listed, and if they win that game, they will easily get in.

Bishopleftiesdad