MBB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by miac newbie, February 17, 2005, 03:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomt4525

6'3" Orono SG, Griffin Sage, has committed to play basketball at St Thomas.

tomt4525

2018 shooter Nathan Hendler of Holy Family/Powerhouse MN has committed to play basketball for Coach Koz and St. Olaf.

tomt4525

Woodbury G, DJ Fleming Jr, will play basketball at Augsburg next year.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

tomt4525

Edina 5'10" G, Anders Nelson, will continue his basketball career at St Thomas.  Really big pickup for the Tommies, very impressive class they are putting together.

bball1122

Quote from: tomt4525 on May 17, 2018, 12:27:19 AM
Edina 5'10" G, Anders Nelson, will continue his basketball career at St Thomas.  Really big pickup for the Tommies, very impressive class they are putting together.

Nelson is a huge, huge commitment for the Tommies.  He may be good enough to start 4 years - can really score.  He's exactly what UST needed.

bball1122

Greek Tragedy

With a new Coach, is it safe to say Macalester won't be running The System this upcoming season?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Smitty Oom

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on June 27, 2018, 10:47:50 AM
With a new Coach, is it safe to say Macalester won't be running The System this upcoming season?

Yes I think it very much is safe. Coach Abe has no System connections to his name and he is hiring his own staff. Which leads me to this... Connor Nord, former Tommie All-MIAC player and 1000 point scorer will be the new head assistant for the Scots this year. Last year he was an assistant for Coach Kalland at Carleton.

BTW, sounds like Whittle was all in for running The System again if he were still leading the Scots, fwiw.

jimhoops1234

Change on the way in Winona.

https://saintmaryssports.com/news/2018/7/16/saint-marys-to-begin-search-for-head-mens-basketball-coach.aspx?path=mbball

The timing is odd, AD also stepped down recently, and there may be more to the story than the 24-101 record over 5 years.

Smitty Oom

Timing is odd, definitely agree jimhoops. But cant say I am completely surprised by the firing itself.

tough program to turn around, hopefully the cardinals can find a good candidate.

tomt4525

2019 6'4" New Prague SG, Tyler Kemp, has committed to play basketball at St John's.

gbpuckfan

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Minnesota will play Oklahoma State on Nov. 30 at U.S. Bank Stadium, the site of this season's NCAA Final Four.
   The Gophers on Tuesday announced the first basketball game at the gigantic football stadium, which opened in 2016 for the Minnesota Vikings and hosted the Super Bowl less than six months ago.
   The U.S. Bank Stadium Basketball Classic will include four contests over two days. St. Thomas meets Wisconsin-River Falls in a Division III game on Nov. 30. Then, on Dec. 1, North Dakota State faces Drake and South Dakota State plays Northern Iowa in a pair of matchups between Summit League and Missouri Valley conference teams.
   Minnesota and Oklahoma State will also play in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 2019. The Cowboys beat the Gophers in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, in 2015.
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

Smitty Oom

I sure hope this will be open to the public, I am pumped to see the tommies play in US Bank!