BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

Quote from: BigPoppa on February 11, 2006, 06:24:18 PM
Check out this interesting list on the Carthage web page:

Do any of the teams listed surprise you?

http://www.carthage.edu/athletics/index.cfm?page=325

Link into the NCAAs Winningest Programs on the left:
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

cubs

2006 Recruits/Transfers[/u]

LaCrosse
Matt Sampson-1B/DH-Onalaska (Viterbo)
Aaron Aspenson-P-Seneca
Travis Schmitt-C-Beaver Dam
Derrick Minnig-P-Beaver Dam
Tyler Peterson-2B-Burnsville, MN
Joey Casper-OF-Onalaska
Andy Erickson-P-Racine Case

Oshkosh
Cal Stanke-P-Menasha (Evansville)
Peter Berg-OF-Janesville
Brad Keeling-P-Lakeland
Kyle Kopitzke-C-DePere
Casey Mumper-P-Kewaunee
Jordan Michakiewicz-P-Menasha St. Mary's Central

Stevens Point
Doug Coe-C-Appleton North (Lawrence)
Travis Kempf-P-Kewaskum (Illinois-Chicago)
Ryan Hopkins-P-Libertyville, IL (Illinois-Chicago)
Jeff Zielke-P-Watertown

Stout
Nick Klaren-P-Roseville, MN
John Englund-P-Savage, MN
Tony Velasquez-2B-Bloomington, MN
Sean Wilson-C-Woodbury, MN
Mike Ryan-P-Rice Lake
Andy Lorenzen-SS-Colfax
Joe Chittum-P-Wausau

Superior
Chris Adams-P-Hermantown, MN
R.J. Keur-P-Barnum, MN
Ben Lind-P/IF-Isanti, MN
Dean Loew-U-Askov, MN
Bryan Olson-P/3B-Superior
Bill Ryan-P-North St. Paul, MN
Rob Rybicki-P/OF-Eau Claire North
Paul Schlangen-U-Rice, MN
Rich Visger-P-Minong

Whitewater
No Transfers/Recruits Listed

2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

janesvilleflash

If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

bataviapete

UWW Florida trip seems a little disapointing.  They only play 1 preseason ranked team in #16 Southern Maine.  Oshkosh plays Cortland #2, Suffolk #22, Wheaton Mass #25 as well as Carthage.  Carthage is also playing Cortland. 

When will UWW roster be posted, thay still have last years up?  When my son was at UWW's winter camp I thought I heard a mention of a transfer from SIU. 

BigPoppa

Most teams have very little control of there spring trip schedule. They just announce that they are coming and and organizer sets up games with teams that will also be there. I know one year a team was matched up in FL with a team from their own conference... played them twice down south and four more times in conference, could have been more had the team qualified for the post-season tourney or NCAAs.

janesvilleflash

I emailed the WW coach about posting the roster. He said it would be another 2-3 weeks before he made out his "traveling" roster. He said they had 4 srs. 4 jrs. and 30 freshemn and sophs. Guess we have to wait a while longer.
If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

janesvilleflash

My email must have done some good. The new roster is out. 20 freshemn. Anyone klnow anything about them?

REDMENFAN

I have never seen him play, but I always read about C/1B Mike Kuhn last year.  He had some ridiculous  numbers last year for Burlington Catholic Central, I'm pretty sure he hit over .500.  I saw Mcormick from Kenosha Tremper pitch once for the Kenosha Kings this summer, he throws fairly hard and could probably compete for a middle reliver type role.

sportsguru90

I have read the post on Stevens Point's self-report to the NCAA for rule breaking,what else is new in the WIAC.
My son played in the WIAC and the top schools in the WIAC all stretch the rules. 
So please do not just call up Pat Bloom from Stevens Point.
And yes he has kept the winning tradition going at Stevens Point.
I think it should be a good race again in the WIAC but don't forget about Platteville, they have improved

REDMENFAN

What was done at Stevens point to break the rules, and are is the NCAA punishing the program at all for what was done?

janesvilleflash

There was some problem with recruiting Coe from Lawrence. Haven't heard anything about any penalties yet.

BigPoppa

All programs stretch the rules... it is a matter of fact. Those that do not are generally doing one of two things... lying about it or losing games. I am not saying it is right to do it, but it is necessary in order to compete.

janesvilleflash

Care to elaborate on the rule stretching being done?

REDMENFAN

I'm a little curious what you mean too. It is D-3 so there can't be all the under the table money type stuff going on. I'm guessing you mean maybe practicing more than is allowed, or somehow getting a player eligible who shouldn't be, or something along those lines. I wish Carthage could have"bent the rules" to get that guy eligible this year, hopefully they can overcome that loss.

BigPoppa

You would be amazed at the "jobs" players are given... even at the small schools. I have heard of a few cases where players were paid ridiculous amounts of money to shovel small sidewalks for alumni... or to cut the lawn of an alum.

And when it comes to recruiting, many coaches "bend" the rules and use friends of the recruit who are already in the program to lure them away from their current program.