Division I Head Coaches who Played Division III Hoops

Started by cciwrabblerouser, April 04, 2011, 01:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cciwrabblerouser

With two former Division III players coaching in the Division I Final Four, let's start a list of former D-III guys who are at D-I schools.  Include their D-III school with the D-I program they coach.

Brad Stevens, DePauw, Butler
Shaka Smart, Kenyon, Virginia Commonwealth

Who else?

Pat Coleman

Mike Lonergan, Catholic, Vermont
Gregg Marshall, Randolph-Macon, Wichita State
Jimmy Patsos, Catholic, Loyola (Md.)

We should probably break out a separate list for coaches who attended D-III schools before there was a D-III.
Bo Ryan, Wilkes, Wisconsin
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ECSUalum

Didn't Bo Ryan coach at D-III UW -Platteville before his stint at D-I UW Madison?

Pat Coleman

Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

True, although it doesn't list the alma mater of coaches. We're looking for coaches who played in D-III and are currently D-I head coaches.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 04, 2011, 06:46:00 PM
We should probably break out a separate list for coaches who attended D-III schools before there was a D-III.

I'm not sure we should make this list.  If we do someone is going to find a way to get Sikma on it.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Hoops Fan on April 06, 2011, 08:12:16 AM

I'm not sure we should make this list.  If we do someone is going to find a way to get Sikma on it.

LOL!
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 06, 2011, 03:04:04 PM

LOL!

I feel better about this joke knowing there's only, like, a dozen people who will ever find it funny.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Hoops Fan on April 06, 2011, 08:57:39 PM

LOL!

I feel better about this joke knowing there's only, like, a dozen people who will ever find it funny.
Yeah, like some secret society like the Freemasons or the Trilateral Commission or the Skull and Bones (oops not D-III).

David Collinge

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 06, 2011, 09:11:47 PM

LOL!

Yeah, like some secret society like the Freemasons or the Trilateral Commission or the Skull and Bones (oops not D-III).
So the Trilateral Commission is D-III?

HF, count me among the dozen.

Mr. Ypsi

Count me among the dozen, despite being the unnamed butt of the joke! :P

But Jack never coached d1, nor did he play before d3 (just before IWU started playing post-season in d3). ;D

Ralph Turner

Quote from: David Collinge on April 07, 2011, 12:11:33 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 06, 2011, 09:11:47 PM

LOL!

So the Trilateral Commission is D-III?

HF, count me among the dozen.
Yeah, I think that they sent representatives to the "D-IV" discussions about 5 years ago!   ;)

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on April 07, 2011, 12:43:28 PM
Count me among the dozen, despite being the unnamed butt of the joke! :P

But Jack never coached d1, nor did he play before d3 (just before IWU started playing post-season in d3). ;D

It's even funnier for the dozen insiders when the unnamed butt of the joke attempts to parse it for exculpatory purposes. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

Merely noting that I would certainly not be the one to try to add him to THIS list! ;D