FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

This is the new home of E8 discussion. Welcome aboard, everyone.

bomber27

Congrats to AU, kind of a landmark win for the program.  Does that put Alfred in the NCAA's or ECAC's?

gobombers

well...............what the heck is the East going to look like now....

Del Val will hang on.
Union if they hang on
Hobart if Union hangs on
Alfred
Ithaca
NEFC - hell, they might JUMP up the rankings.
Rowan

Should Union hold on,

Del Val
Union
Rowan
Wesley
Hobart
Ithaca
Alfred
NEFC - looks to be Curry?

I would not be surprised if this was the seedings.  I think the only question is how far the Bombers will fall.....

Lyco80

Lycoming defeats Susquehanna 17-10 in OT and Coach G gets to win #250 a feat marked by only 16 other coaches.

sjfgrad

Well I must say that game was a bummer:(

Would Alfred really get in just because of that? Before that game, they weren't ranked and didn't even get any votes.  I can't imagine that they would jump all the way ahead of Fisher in the rankings and if not, I don't see how one could justify putting them in the playoffs and leaving Fisher out.  I'm not saying Fisher should get in, but it seems more likely that only Ithaca will get in from the E8, especially with the conference looking weaker now that Ithaca has also lost.

gobombers

I don't see SJF getting in with 2 losses, while Alfred with 1 loss does not get in.

gobombers

I would not be surprised that should Alfred get in, and I don't see why not, that they go to play an Ohio team in the first round.

gobombers

My guess is that the Bombers are traveling to Union for the first round game.....

sjfgrad

Quote from: gobombers on November 12, 2005, 04:09:21 PM
I don't see SJF getting in with 2 losses, while Alfred with 1 loss does not get in.

umm Alfred has 2 losses, 1 in the conference

dewcrew88

Utica College finishes the season at 6-4 with a 42-40 win over Hartwick....
Maybe ECACs????

Utica completes NO passes all game long!

gobombers

ooops, sorry, thought they only had one loss.  Either way, they beat SJF head to head, on the road....

IC would NOT get in if they had not already won the conference's automatic bid.

I thought they only had 1 loss, and couldn't get in the d3football.com team records, my bad.

sjfgrad

Quote from: gobombers on November 12, 2005, 04:28:39 PM
ooops, sorry, thought they only had one loss.  Either way, they beat SJF head to head, on the road....

IC would NOT get in if they had not already won the conference's automatic bid.

I thought they only had 1 loss, and couldn't get in the d3football.com team records, my bad.

no problem. I'm just a disappointed Fisher fan anyway.

At least Robinson has one more year.

ACMob

seems more likely that only Ithaca will get in from the E8, especially with the conference looking weaker now that Ithaca has also lost.

Not sure about Alfred ???, but Cortland will be ranked above IC & SJF in the regional rankings.  SJF is out and IC doesn't look to impressive with out of conf. losses to the "big" Mac and the NJAC.   I thought "Cortland sucks".

WAY TO GO C-STATE!! 8)  GOOD JOB!

gobombers

Like I said earlier though, I would NOT be surprised to see the #2 team from the OAC shipped out to the East.

Who are they going to give a home game to?

Hobart?
Ithaca?
SJF/Alfred?
Cortland?

I just don't see it happening.

The Wesley/Rowan matchup is just too good of a geographic match for them to split up.  DVC will undoubtedly play the NEFC winner.  Union will get the #2 seed and play a NY team, BUT WHO WILL GET THE #3?

I really think Ithaca is going to Union.  

Can you see Hobart getting the home game?  Or will they ship a North team over to the East, and have Hobart travel there?  Only reason I say Hobart, is because they are not going to have Union and Hobart play each other in the first round......

ACMob

Rowan is the #3 seed!!