Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

At the half in B'town:  IWU 62, Augie 31. ;D

Brady Rose has 21 in the first half - can he outscore Augie all by himself?! :o

iwumichigander

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on February 21, 2017, 08:27:12 PM
Quote from: Viking Blue on February 21, 2017, 08:24:52 PM
The Titans are en fuego.  36-17 Green Weenies over Augie with about 8 minutes left in the first half.

Hey, we're tryin' to do NPU a favor - that "Green Weenies" better have been typed with respect! :o ;D
Greg - we are doing our part!  This is the best half IWU has played at both end of the court all season.  Ebel has four fouls.  Why Coach G kept him in so long strange. 
1st half IWU FG 20-31 64.5%. 3pt 9-13 69.2% FT 13-15 86.7%
Brady Rose leads all scorer with 21 points headed to an all time career night.

Oh, for Coach G coat watchers about 15:30 remaining in first half.  Close to a record.

lmitzel

Quote from: iwumichigander on February 21, 2017, 08:46:34 PM
The Titans are en fuego.  36-17 Green Weenies over Augie with about 8 minutes left in the first half.

Hey, we're tryin' to do NPU a favor - that "Green Weenies" better have been typed with respect! :o ;D
Greg - we are doing our part!  This is the best half IWU has played at both end of the court all season.  Ebel has four fouls.  Why Coach G kept him in so long strange. 

Oh, for Coach G coat watchers about 15:30 remaining in first half.  Close to a record.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think this was the only thing that mattered tonight.  :D
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

iwu70

Yes, a big smackdown going on at The Shirk.  Too bad we couldn't play like this vs. NCC.  :(   Live by the three, die by the three.  Must be "Matt the Cat" Night that did it tonight.  Good feelings all 'round for the penultimate Titan fan!

Greg, I hope NPU goes a long long way in the CCIW tournament and gets to Dance in March.  Surely, truly.

Sad for my Titans, tough loss vs. NCC the other night.  Was hoping the seniors would get to go further.  There's always next year. 

IWU'70

iwumichigander

Quote from: lmitzel on February 21, 2017, 08:49:40 PM
Quote from: iwumichigander on February 21, 2017, 08:46:34 PM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think this was the only thing that mattered tonight.  :D
12 first half turnovers that led to 17 IWU pints off turnovers will do that Coach G doing a good job of being the fourth ref on the court :D

iwumichigander

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 21, 2017, 07:31:49 PM
Quote from: iwumichigander on February 21, 2017, 06:38:35 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 21, 2017, 06:26:53 PM
Nobody said it was, but thanks for the info. :)
Welcome, we have Q to thank for getting the WJBC broadcast synchronized to video.

I guess, but at most places they just wire the audio over and no outside synchronization is needed.
i do not pretend to understand how they did the technical stuff. As a fan just happy it is done

markerickson

Not liking the Chicago Vikings struggling with Millikin - up by seven - with Lake playing with the flu, according to Mr. Sager, and Cobbs has four fouls with 11 minutes to go.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

Mr. Ypsi

Unless Ron Rose decides to apply the brakes, IWU may set a points record against a non-System team.  They are at 97 with 6 and a half still to go!

lmitzel

Titans win 107-77.

Cardinals make the CCIW Tournament! Site TBD, though at this juncture, looks like Kenosha.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on February 21, 2017, 09:26:06 PM
Unless Ron Rose decides to apply the brakes, IWU may set a points record against a non-System team.  They are at 97 with 6 and a half still to go!

I'm not sure he put on the brakes, per se, but the Titans played players I had never even heard of!  Final is 107-77.

iwu70

Good the IWU seniors go out on a smashing, winning note.  Always good to drub Augie.

This one was never much in doubt.

Final:  107-77, Ron Rose letting the seniors play it out.  Great game, great careers for Seibring, Stempel, Amman and Bausch.  Congrats and thanks to them.

Rose 24  8-11 FG, 6-6 from trey, 2-2 FTs -- what a line.
Bonnett 19
Stempel 13
Seibring 15 and 7
Amman 8

Titans making 15 treys

Mssr. Orange for Augie 19

Good season overall, but no CCIW tourney and likely no dancing this year.

Thanks to all the TITAN players and coaches and staff and support folks at Shirk for a great season of DIII basketball.  Much appreciated, greatly enjoying.  Congrats to Matt the Cat, on his night.  A great guy, ever loyal to the TITANS.

IWU70

iwumichigander

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on February 21, 2017, 09:41:47 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on February 21, 2017, 09:26:06 PM

I'm not sure he put on the brakes, per se, but the Titans played players I had never even heard of!  Final is 107-77.
i do not think the brakes were put on.  Augie did play better in the 2nd half and basically stopped turning the ball over and played better defense.

AndOne

FRIDAY--AT CARTHAGE

5:00---North Park vs. Augie
7:00---Carthage vs. North Central

iwu70

Should be a great CCIW tournament -- in Kenosha.  Wide open, really -- anyone could win. 

'70

sac

If North Central wins this thing, is the CCIW a one bid league this year?