MIAC in-game updates board

Started by Pat Coleman, September 01, 2011, 01:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfury

Rat, sorry you can't come on and taunt SJU over a 40-point loss but happy to see you can't quit the board!

jamtod

Quote from: sfury on December 01, 2018, 03:56:28 PM
Rat, sorry you can't come on and taunt SJU over a 40-point loss but happy to see you can't quit the board!

It's like nicotine. Somebody get me a patch.

miac952

Quote from: retagent on December 01, 2018, 03:41:00 PM
Don't Tommie up the Victory Formation.

Ask and ye shall receive  ;D #9 really wanted to muck it up in the backfield and a couple others dove on top of the Center.

Glad to see Gillich appeared to be ok. Another whale of a game for him. 

repete

Quote from: (509)Rat on December 01, 2018, 03:52:43 PM
Quote from: RoyalsFan on December 01, 2018, 03:45:16 PM
Quote from: wm4 on December 01, 2018, 03:41:11 PM
Glad receiver is ok.

Nice to see the Johnnies still with a little fight on that kneel down.

Funny that you would say that. Some Johnnie fans criticized St. Thomas for basically doing the same thing at the end of a game. Called it classless.

You only have to go back 1 week to read SJU fans bitching about this..and the refs. It has to be a weekly thing with those guys.

What a sad troll life for the Rat.

OzJohnnie

Glad receiver is ok.

Funny that you would say that. Some Johnnie fans criticized St. Thomas for basically doing the same thing at the end of a game. Called it classless.

You only have to go back 1 week to read SJU fans bitching about this..and the refs. It has to be a weekly thing with those guys.

You gonna whinge like this for your whole life of do you think you'll get it out of your system over the off season?
[  

umhb2001

Quote from: retagent on December 01, 2018, 03:30:47 PM
Quote from: DuffMan on December 01, 2018, 03:27:55 PM
UMHB defensive secondary was the deal breaker.  They're excellent!

They seemed to have three defenders around the ball all day. That should mean someone's open. Johnnies were not outplayed, they hurt themselves more than UMHB hurt them. I know they deserve some credit, but not all that much//

Wow. Not much credit to The Cru? Classy.

On the other end of the pendulum, I and many other Cru fans cheered for the Johnnies and lauded praise for their play as they exited the field.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

retagent

I really didn't mean it as a slam. Cru played pretty much error free football. The Johnnies, on the other hand, turned the ball over more than usual - and full credit there, since the UMHB D Backs were all over our receivers for the most part, but that didn't cause the dropped passes. I also would have liked to have seen the moose backfield (Jensen, Udoibok and Barber) in on a couple of those 4th down short yardage situations.

(509)Rat

Quote from: OzJohnnie on December 01, 2018, 04:12:56 PM
Glad receiver is ok.

You gonna whinge like this for your whole life of do you think you'll get it out of your system over the off season?

There are a few of you that really struggle with reading comprehension. I have yet to whinge or whine about anything. SJU fans on the other hand...

"Also, if this ref crew was one of the top two from the Iowa conference, I feel bad for the those teams.  Letting them play is one thing, but allowing flagrant holding at the point of attack is something else.  When the defensive linemen need to have their jerseys repositioned on their should pads after most plays, it's pretty obvious that blatant holding is happening.  What was funny is the hold calls all came from line judges.  I was watching a Brinker today and was amazed at how many times his momentum was stopped by their lineman having a fist full of his jersey as they were falling and wouldn't let go.  Pretty sure the umpire forgot to pack his yellow hankey today"

"That crap on the victory formation just solidified my view of them."

"Also, I need to pop in to the "IIAC" board and offer my sympathies for having to deal with those officials on a regular basis.  Wow."

"And, yeah, that victory formation crap was a great reflection on their program."

"Whitworth played cheap and dirty to the end.  Nice program you got out there."

"EDIT: What's up with the Pirates charging the victory formation and then talking lip trying to get a Johnnie tossed and missing the next game?  That's some embarrassing crap, that is."

"Is it just me, or are the officials spotting the ball about a yard short for the Johnnies and a yard to the good for UMHB? I wouldn't have noticed, but it seems to be consistent."

I'll be sure to head over to the ASC board and read their fans posts about how awful the refs were and how classless the Johnnies players were at the end of the game...

OzJohnnie

Well, I guess you are for a while yet.
[  

(509)Rat

Quote from: umhb2001 on December 01, 2018, 04:27:35 PM
Quote from: retagent on December 01, 2018, 03:30:47 PM
Quote from: DuffMan on December 01, 2018, 03:27:55 PM
UMHB defensive secondary was the deal breaker.  They're excellent!

They seemed to have three defenders around the ball all day. That should mean someone's open. Johnnies were not outplayed, they hurt themselves more than UMHB hurt them. I know they deserve some credit, but not all that much//

Wow. Not much credit to The Cru? Classy.

On the other end of the pendulum, I and many other Cru fans cheered for the Johnnies and lauded praise for their play as they exited the field.

I for one am absolutely shocked...

OzJohnnie

You're funny, mate.  You gonna go to the gutters next?  You know you want to.  Come on.  Go there.  Let it out.  You bottle that tension up inside and it just causes ulcers.
[  

retagent

A wise man once told me, "No sense being an a$$hole if you can't act like one."

The truth is the first line of defense.

SagatagSam

Here we go 2019 Johnnies!

Let's get after it!

I'll be watching it from a comfortable 63 degree and overcast Sioux Falls.

GO JOHNNIES
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

57Johnnie

80 degrees and partly cloudy predicted here in western Colorado at game time. We have just a little snow remaining from last winter in the San Juan's just south of here. My regular reserved seat is ready.
GO JOHNNIES!  :) :) :D
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

sjujohnnie

Under 30 minutes until St John's is on my 65" Samsung! Let's go Johnnies! I hope to see a lot of points put up by us & a shutout pitched by our defense!