BB: 2013 Regionals (MIdwest)

Started by Ralph Turner, May 12, 2013, 11:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therocket21

Talk about some big time pitching performances by Jensen and Rogers. Wonder who CSS will go to tomorrow? I still don't think they can swing the bats well enough to win the regional.

forheavendial4999

Quote from: therocket21 on May 15, 2013, 03:45:00 PM
Talk about some big time pitching performances by Jensen and Rogers. Wonder who CSS will go to tomorrow? I still don't think they can swing the bats well enough to win the regional.

Keuning I imagine.

SUMMIT!!!!!

why is admission $6 for Mdwest and only $3 for adults at the Ithaca region?  NCAA gouging naive Midwesterners?
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

OshDude

Quote from: miacmaniac on May 15, 2013, 05:17:12 PM
why is admission $6 for Mdwest and only $3 for adults at the Ithaca region?  NCAA gouging naive Midwesterners?
$7 at Augie, $10 in Texas.

dahlby

Host school sets admission charges.

MIACBomber

Jensen doesn't have the best stuff but flat out competes.  Makes big pitches in big situations.  Tommies played the choke artist today and missed many opportunities.

I don't think CSS has the depth to go much further in this tournament.  They're not the same team when Jensen isn't pitching.

The Tommies still have 3-4 starters that can shut anyone down.

This will be a very entertaining regional and is living up to its expectation.

schmolph

No sense to even play the games. The UMAC is terrible but all you can do is win it 17 straight times. CSS is in the mix with the best every year.

OshDude

John Vodenlich ejected in the fourth. UW-Whitewater leading by three after seven.

ShineTime

What more can be said than wow?  Point comes back and wins 7 to 6 in 10.  Still a ton of work to do for point but I think messenger or stroik can get it done.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

MIACBomber

UWSP is definitely in the drivers seat here...

Noon:  CSS vs. UWW
3PM:  UST vs. CWRU
7PM:  UWSP vs. Noon winner

forheavendial4999

Quote from: MIACBomber on May 16, 2013, 10:39:10 PM
UWSP is definitely in the drivers seat here...

Noon:  CSS vs. UWW
3PM:  UST vs. CWRU
7PM:  UWSP vs. Noon winner

Will be interesting to see what they do tomorrow...if they try to knock someone out or hold a pitcher back for the championship.

ShineTime

I'm guessing st Thomas doesn't throw Thomas thinking they can win and save him.  I'm guessing point will throw stroik if whitewater wins seeing he had early season success against them. Plaza will go for whitewater against scholastica I would think.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

MIACBomber

Elimination game.  Gotta start your guns.  CWRU played UWW tough and beat a good CSS team.  I think you have to start Thomas.  If you get a lead early you can always pull him.  Can't be booted out of a regional by the 3rd game with one of your aces yet to toe the rubber.

AppletonRocks

Quote from: miacmaniac on May 15, 2013, 05:17:12 PM

Better teams?   ::)
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

DagarmanSpartan