Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boobyhasgameyo

bailed out Rochester?..... Showed again they are the team to beat in the area? That's alot of Talk for a team that didn't play Fisher this year, you have no idea how you would have faired against them.  They had an off night and they payed for it.  Please don't be a jerk and ruin it for me, you are making it really hard for me to cheer for you guys...

Not In The Bulb

RespectHartwick, if for no other reason I must  commend you on the sheer size of the onions you must have to come on here and talk junk about a team that went 28-1 and 14-0 in their conference. Let me remind you, in case you did forget, your team went 2-24 and 0-14 in the conference. That's right, you were only trailing the conference champ by a mere 14 games at season's end. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.

You STILL have not provided ANY names of this vaunted incoming class. Unless your school is somehow luring Greg Oden out of high school early, you guys have ZERO chance of making the conference tournament next year. I have these questions about your projected rankings for next year.

1)How in God's name will 'Wick finish in front of Alfred? Alfred returns Quentin Bryant(1st Team E-8) and Dillon Stein(2nd Team E-8) and loses exactly ZERO players from their team. Keep in mind they whooped your ass handily twice this year. I can't see this team falling from 5th to 6th next year with their ENTIRE TEAM RETURNING. That's reason #1 you are a douchebag.

2)You're going to edge out Ithaca. Once again, a team that took you to the woodshed on two occasions. The only player of note this team loses is Jesse Roth. A solid core returns, including Jimmy Bellis(2nd Team E-8 this year) and Brian Andruskiewicz(Honorable Mention this year). Add to that role players like Whetstone, Clemente and Brian Joe, still a much a better squad than Hartwick's.

3)Naz is going to come in 7th?!? Really? A team that, again, beat you twice this year and has their ENTIRE team returning is somehow going to lose out to Hartwick. I could throw Joe Canori on the floor with four girls from Naz's women's team and they'd beat the Hawks by 10. If anyone is going to sneak into the E8 Tourney that finished way out of the race this year, it's going to be Naz.

4)You're a moron. Tell me how much we're betting on this Hartwick thing. You need to help put me through grad school. Come on, you're a confident guy, you're on the inside, how much are we betting. Put your money where your mouth is, tough guy.

P.S. Still waiting for the names of this recruiting class.

fishercards

Also, RIT beat U of R without a problem..... We beat RIT ummmmmmm 4 times, not mocking RIT they are a great team, just wanted to make a point. Honestly, I would have loved if Fisher went all the way and won the championship but give credit where its due, Potsdam is a great team they outplayed fisher in every aspect of the game but Fisher has nothing to be ashamed about they did get national coverage in USA today, what coverage has U of R had? Nothin...... dont talk about bringing honor...... I dont hear anyone mocking Illinois for there lost and if they get knocked out of the NCAA tourney should the be ashamed and be told they are over-rated? I think not.. get over it.

col

My intramural team has 2 open weekends next winter if Hartwick wants to get some games in?
Where's Reggie?

col

Oh, and one more thing...

Final Empire8 Standings

Fisher (Filet Mignon)
RIT  (Prime Rib)
Utica (London Broil)
Ithaca (Rib Eye)
Reggie Shore (for President)
Alfred (Rib Eye,  a bit fatty)
Naz (Veal? these kids got some time to grow, and can be good)
Elmira (side dish)
Hartwick (Tator Tots)
col (tip your servers)
RespectHartwick (would get served by ChefCol on the court)

Seacrest, out!
Where's Reggie?

Bigdaddy

Congrats fisher on a great season. Even I didnt call for that kind of game.

not josh reed

Congrats to Potsdam on your impressive victory.  Last night you were the better team that wanted the victory worse than the cardinals.  

Wow, what a season Fisher had. Congratulations on such a fine run.  What a memory you all should carry forward in to your future.  Any truth in the rumour that Zahn will begin 4 fresh years of eligibility as a Tight End with Cardinal Football?  
Thanks for the great run!

empire8fan

not josh reed, Zahn cant.  If he's a senior on the basketball team that probably means he's completed at least 8 semesters.  With D3's 10 semester rule he can only play 2 seasons if plays this fall then sits out spring semester and then returns for the fall.

not josh reed

Empire8fan, Isn't the elgibility at d3 schools seperate for each sport? I would pay to see Zahn play football, but I was only kidding. Hey Respect Hartwick, you should change your name to Rodney Dangerfield for the amount of respect you and Hartwick will get on here. Better yet if you want respect, change schools, transfer to Fisher

not josh reed

A couple more observations on the game last night.  Thought Fisher was going to make a run when Waterloo's homeboy Dan Mueller drained a three, but never shot again.  Another bad omen was Perry's Pete Gillett contributed a beautiful three from behind the halfcourt line only to have it waived off as after the first half buzzer.  Oh well

mceod

Takeaway from this weekend.  WHAT WAS THE NCAA THINKING.  Amherst gym not any bigger or not as big as UR's, Potsdam and not much bigger than Fishers (not that it was needed the first game was not a sellout).  Not only did teams travel 5 hours to get to Amherst.  Once at Amherst they where staying 20 minutes from the school (Potsdam and Fisher).  Like playing at the UR and staying in Brockport.  As previously mentioned, no concessions, parking or side walks.  Fisher gets the number one seed then New York teams get the number one shaft.  Headlines, Two New York teams in the finals With the UR going to the final four.

Someone explain to me how the NCAA can make Fisher a number one seed then turn around and say one of the big factors for Amherst hosting is their strength of schedule.

Lets really put this site to good use.  Who do I write in order to express my disappointment.  We all should express our opinon.

Jukebox Hero

The NCAA doesn't release seedings. D3hoops.com "seeded" the teams based on the criteria.

Bigdaddy

Not only was Amherst not a good facility...but they had a hockey game while we were there on saturday...which further congested already poor conditions.

oldasdirt

Bulb & Col - great posts.  I'll take Col's intramural team against Respect Hartwicks Hawks-what's the line?  How many points do you have to give Col?  Hate to say this but all year I said that I thought that u of r would do some damage in the tournament.  Congrats to Fisher on a great season!! I think the standings will be quite a bit different next year but Hartwick won't be the team on the rise like Alfred and Nazareth.  RIT loses four contributing seniors and Utica loses some key players like Troy.  I truly believe we will see more parity and a real dog-fight for playoff spots but until I see some concrete evidence I don't think Hartwick will be participating in said fight.

col

As for the line...   We're still working out contract details for bringing Coach Olin aboard and, obviously, with that kind of talent we're going to be pushing the salary cap.  I'll reserve comment until after I see if we can sign him.
Where's Reggie?