Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengalsrule

Quote from: thebear on November 16, 2012, 12:06:48 AM
As I understand it the scholarship players keep their $ through their career.  One of the reasons Joining the NCAA is a four year process to make sure that any scholarship players are out of the system before a team is eligible for championships.

Good info there bear...good ifo.

FWIW....Elmira must be better than predicted. Took a LOADED Cortland team to the wire last night!

sjfcards

Quote from: fisheralum91 on November 15, 2012, 09:22:26 AM
I reach out to my Fisher friends- Why s David Shuey not listed on the BBall roster.
He was a solid player and figured that when he transeferred he would play for Rob no doubt.
Thoughts?
I know that the fb season is still going on - but he isnt even listed.
6-5 225, you dont ignore big men...

I thought we would be seeing him on the roster as well. He started every game for a pretty good Medaille team last year, and from watching him play football, he has the body and athletic ability to play for Fisher.

This has happened in the past to Fisher guys who try to play two sports, but especially Football and Basketball. Fherenbach (sp?) never saw much time as a basketball player despite some serious athletic ability. I have also heard that Kramer was very talented and could play for Fisher but never seemed to crack into any legitimate playing time.

Connor Henderson played a ton, but eventually left the basketball team to play Lax full time as well. Not sure what the reasoning is. Maybe these guys just really didn't have enough ability, but it seems like some of them should have worked out.
GO FISHER!!!

dcahill44

Naz up 47 27 at halftime against New Paltz Look great

sjfcards

Fisher looked pretty strong tonight against Fredonia. Fisher won 79-60.
GO FISHER!!!

dcahill44

Fisher over Hilbert.
Nazerath over New Jersey City in A close one
Ithaca over Clarkson

sjfcards

Quote from: dcahill44 on November 17, 2012, 10:57:20 AM
Fisher over Hilbert.

I don't know anything about Hilbert, but it looks like the scoreline against Fredonia was similar to Fisher's. I am interested to see how Fisher looks in back to back games. I was impressed with the D last night, and the some of the new guys looked good.

Hopefully more of the same today.
GO FISHER!!!

magicman

Quote from: dcahill44 on November 17, 2012, 10:57:20 AM
Fisher over Hilbert.
Nazerath over New Jersey City in A close one
Ithaca over Clarkson

Think it might be Fisher, New Jersey City and Ithaca.

sjfcards

Fisher is up 15 late in the first.
GO FISHER!!!

sjfcards

Fisher was able to win today at Hilbert by 17. Looked good on defense again, and Norsen has been really good through 2 games.
GO FISHER!!!

magicman

Clarkson with a buzzer beater by Marques Charlton to defeat Ithaca 65-63. Not that big of a surprise as Clarkson returned 4 starters from last year's 16-9 team. They'll be in the hunt for the Liberty League title for sure this year.

dcahill44

Nazerath wins and plays great over a good New Jersey City team and Clarkson beats Ithaca at the buzzer

sjfcards

Does anyone know anything about the teams that Hartwick started against. I see Purchase College had a good record last year, but other than that I am looking for some insight. I was surprised to see Hartwick and IC with a loss already.
GO FISHER!!!

dcahill44

How good is Clarkson who beat I think is a Pretty darn good Ithaca Team and was Hartwick upset who did they play

thebear

Clarkson is good.  They have four out of 5 starters beck from a 16-9 team.  John Coleman was I believe ECAC rookie of the year, is a big strong guard with great basketball skills, and very smart on the court.  His older brother Jerry, just as smart on the court, is even more athletic, a grad student who concentrated on baseball his first three seasons.  They are both complete players.  The Knights have size, depth, and coaching, they can bang it inside and shoot it outside, and are very physical at both ends of the court.  If they avoid injuries they could have a very solid season.
"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

Bengalsrule

Quote from: dcahill44 on November 18, 2012, 12:24:44 PM
How good is Clarkson who beat I think is a Pretty darn good Ithaca Team and was Hartwick upset who did they play

Hartwick lost their first game to Suny purchase (2-0) 77-84. They then beat host Regis college (0-2) in the consolation game 70-67. They play Union College (1st game) tonite at home!!