FB: Centennial Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njf1003

Yeah, it really makes lots of sense for both conferences (and a bunch of CC schools were formally MAC anyways!)
Most of the ECAC games were ending up being MAC/CC anyways and now it's cutting out the middle man and making it cheaper/better for the schools!
And it gives teams with good seasons another chance to play and rewards them without making them travel forever!

old ends

Quote from: njf1003 on November 15, 2015, 09:32:26 PM
Yeah, it really makes lots of sense for both conferences (and a bunch of CC schools were formally MAC anyways!)
Most of the ECAC games were ending up being MAC/CC anyways and now it's cutting out the middle man and making it cheaper/better for the schools!
And it gives teams with good seasons another chance to play and rewards them without making them travel forever!

Oh how true your statement. Plus I think I read that the cost of the schools to be a part of NCAA is increasing next year pending a vote.

old ends

The All Centennial Conference Teams have been posted. Congrats to all:

http://www.centennial.org/sports/fball/2015-16/releases/All-CC

Enjoy

old ends

wesleydad

any thoughts on this years Hopkins team.  I have not seen them at all this year.  They looked balanced on paper.  Anyone see them in person that can shed some light on what to expect this weekend in the game with Wesley.

desertcat1

Happy Thanksgivings to everyone. Safe travels.  :-*
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

Teamski

Just wanted to pass on congrats to Johns Hopkins for a great season and a spirited game yesterday.  You guys showed why you are the class of the Centennial Conference.  There is no doubt that Wesley can always look forward to a tough game whenever it plays JHU.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

GoHop

close game, if Hopkins had made that first field goal it could have been a different game, could then have gone for a field goal at the end instead of a first down and maybe won the game.

ITH radio

Quote from: njf1003 on November 15, 2015, 09:32:26 PM

This came out today:

http://www.ecacsports.com/sports/2016/6/23/FB_0623163314.aspx?
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

D3MAFAN

If F&M beats Johns Hopkins in a few weeks, who gets awarded with the conference championship?

njf1003

Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on October 23, 2016, 01:29:55 PM
If F&M beats Johns Hopkins in a few weeks, who gets awarded with the conference championship?
Assuming JHU, Muhl, and F&M win out with F&M beating Hop, then all three would share the conference championship finishing at 8-1 in conference.

From the CC manual:
C. Determining the NCAA Tournament Representative
1. Head-to-Head competition;
2. Results against 3rd place team, 4th place team, etc. until tie is broken;
3. Strength-of-schedule criteria, as determined by the NCAA Championships Committee formula, for all games;
• Opponents' Average Winning Percentage (OWP)
• Opponents' Opponents' Average Winning Percentage (OOWP)
Opponents' Average Winning Percentage (OWP). Take each opponent's regular won-lost percentage against other Division III teams
(excluding the results against the team in question) and average the percentages. To calculate: Team A Schedule is as follows:
Opponent Record vs Team A Revised Record Revised W-L Percentage
Team B 21-7 0-1 21-6 .7778
Team C 11-15 0-1 11-14 .4400
Team D 7-20 0-1 7-19 .2692
Team E 13-13 0-1 13-12 .5200
Team F 23-6 1-0 22-6 .7857
Total 74-56 (.5692) .5585 (OWP)
Team A's Opponents' Average Winning Percentage = .5585
Opponents' Opponents' Average Winning Percentage (OOWP). The strength of each opponents' schedule is measured by computing the
opponents' winning percentage for each opponent, then averaging the percentages. This recognizes the fact that two opponents with similar
won-lost records may have played far different schedules (in terms of strength of opponents).
To calculate: Take Team B, C, D, E and F schedules and perform the same calculation as above (OWP). It is important to note that the
OOWP will support the OWP (i.e., if Teams A and B have the same OWP of .5692; Team A has a OOWP of .6125 and Team B has a OOWP
of .4567; it would indicate team A has the stronger strength of schedule).
4. Team with the fewest overall losses;
5. The most recent team representing the Conference as its automatic qualifier shall be eliminated and the remaining teams shall
revert to the Conference's primary tie-breaking criteria (head-to-head competition).
When any secondary criteria in a multiple-team tie favors one team over the others, that team earns the seed and is removed from
the tie-breaker. Re-apply the criteria to all remaining teams, starting with the Conference's primary tiebreaker for all sports (head-tohead
Centennial competition). (Adopted 6/6/01; Revised 6/4/03, 6/9/04, 5/27/15)

which as of now would make Hopkins the NCAA rep, based on SOS....

101 Aborne

F and M will not beat Hopkins unfortunately Even if the Mules run the table and finish 9 and 1,they probably will not get into the tournament. There is not a great deal of respect for the Centennial Conference.You wil probably see a 7 and 3 team get in but not Muhlenberg.It will not make this old Mule happy but that 's the way it is.Have a great day and Airborne All The Way.

jknezek

Quote from: 101 Aborne on October 24, 2016, 10:36:13 AM
F and M will not beat Hopkins unfortunately Even if the Mules run the table and finish 9 and 1,they probably will not get into the tournament. There is not a great deal of respect for the Centennial Conference.You wil probably see a 7 and 3 team get in but not Muhlenberg.It will not make this old Mule happy but that 's the way it is.Have a great day and Airborne All The Way.

A 7-3 team has never gotten an at-large bid in the AQ era. Muhlenberg got one not too long ago at 9-1 and put up a good showing. It's certainly not a guarantee that a 9-1 Muhlenberg would get a bid, but depending where in the South Region Rankings they fall it is possible. However, with few At-Larges to give out, and HSU playing UMHB tough last weekend, Muhlenberg will most likely not be the first South Region team on the table.

101 Aborne

Excuse me friend but Norwich was 6 and 4 and gained entrance n last year's tournament.I may have landed on my head a few times but I still have some degree of recall. Have a nice day.