CCIW

Started by Fawkes316, July 10, 2006, 01:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clemac

A basic answer is unsportsman like conduct or a flagrant foul gets a player a yellow card. Several hard fouls by a player or a questionable foul of a goalie can also get a card. The second incident can get that player a red card. if that happens they are ejected and their team must play a player short the remainder of the game.

sean-o

Quote from: jellybelly on October 16, 2009, 02:18:12 PM
Can anyone explain for me how a team gets a yellow card?  Just curious.  Kind of new to this, but haven't seen that before.

I think this original question was about how a "team" itself gets cautioned. I've only seen that used to warn the bench, i.e. the head coach.

JHUFAN

Correct sean-o, a team yellow or red card is shown to a coach or assistant coach,trainer. Saw it happen at this years Johns Hopkins Tournament where the Washington coach was yellow carded two seperate times then shown the gate for persistantly disagreeing with the referee's calls. Came a long way to watch his girls play the remainder of the first game and the second game from the stands.

DIIIdad

In this case sean-o is correct.  The Wheaton coach wouldn't stop arguing a call and was shown a yellow card.

Jim Matson

Rare for the Wheaton bench to object like that - it must have been a tough call.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

jellybelly

thanks for clarifying that for me. 

Again, just curious, but did the Wheaton coach have a legitimate beef?

DIIIdad

Quote from: jellybelly on October 16, 2009, 06:39:54 PM

Again, just curious, but did the Wheaton coach have a legitimate beef?

Maybe.  I said in my initial post about the game that I thought it was a disputable penalty that led to the PK.  The coach (I believe it was the assistant coach) obviously felt stronger about it.  I do think he received the intended effect, as Wheaton received a questionable free kick about 6 minutes later outside the 18 that they converted.  I felt at the time that the coach was carrying on to try and fire up his team.

I thought the center in that game worked his butt off trying to keep in the correct position throughout the game.  He was not a center that stood still and called the game from a distance.  He was huffing and puffing as the game went back and forth.  The fouls were 15-9 against Augie. 

DIIIdad

I was afraid there might be an Augie letdown last night as Augie hosted Westminster 4 days after knocking off Wheaton.  Apparently not.

Final score was 11-0 in favor of Augie.  Shots were 44-0 and corners were 12-0.  Before anyone starts complaining about running up the score, keep this in mind:  The backup keeper started the game and only touched the ball 2 or 3 times when an Augie defender played it back.  Another starter did not play due to a nagging injury.  Substitutions began 15 minutes in and all of the starters were out by the 30 minute mark with the score at 7-0.  None of the starters returned after they were removed from the game.

The score was 10-0 at the half and only one more goal was scored in the second half.  Augie did not go into a shell and play keep away, but rather, many players that don't see a lot of playing time got to participate with some quality minutes.

Hopefully, these two teams will not meet again next year.

DIIIdad

October 18, 2009

Wisconsin-Whitewater 4, North Park 3
Elmhurst 2, Webster 1
Augustana 11, Westminster 0

October 17, 2009

North Central 2, Carthage 1
Illinois Wesleyan 1, Dominican 0
Redlands 2, Wheaton 0
Ohio Dominican 4, Millikin 0

Non-conference total is: 57-21-4 (.7195)

DIIIdad

October 21, 2009

Elmhurst 2, Carthage 0
Wheaton 7, North Central 0
Illinois Wesleyan 2, Millikin 0
Marian 2, North Park 1

October 19, 2009

Wheaton 8, La Verne 3

Non-conference total is 58-22-4 (.7143)

DIIIdad

We're down to the last week of the conference season, and the regular season conference championship is still a 3 horse race.  Augie and IWU are both 4-0, while Wheaton is in it at 4-1. 

North Central, North Park and Carthage are the only teams that have been eliminated from the conference tournament to date. 

Elmhurst and Millikin are battling for the 4th and final spot into the conference tournament, with a head to head game remaining for both.  Each team faces a stiff test on their remaining schedule, with Millikin having to face Wheaton, and Elmhurst having to face Augie.  With Millikin also having a likely victory against North Park, that 4th and final spot is likely to come down to the head to head match between Elmhurst and Millikin on October 28th at Elmhurst. 

The remaining schedule for Augie and IWU favors Augie by a slim margin.  Each team has 3 games remaining, with one of them being a head to head match on Saturday.  The winner of that head to head match will be the clear favorite to win the regular season conference championship, as that team will be 5-0.  However, IWU has remaining games with Wheaton and Carthage, while Augie's remaining games are with North Central and Elmhurst.  Slight advantage to Augie.  I say slight because while Wheaton is, well Wheaton, Elmhurst is in a must win position to get into the conference tournament.

I know the Augie girls were up for the Wheaton game, as they are every year, but I think they are even more pumped for the IWU game.  There has been a nice rivalry that has developed over the years between the two, and this may be the most meaningful game the two have ever played against each other.  I don't think anyone outside of either program expected either team to rise in the polls like they have this year.  #17 Augie at #3 IWU – both the highest ranking either team has ever achieved. 

Let's kick it off already.

mr_b

North Park defeated Mt. Mary College 20-0. Not a misprint.  The Vikings outshot the visitors 59-0.

Mr. Ypsi

In case there were still any doubters, Augie is for real: Augie 1, IWU 0.

That makes Augie 5-0-0, Wheaton 5-1-0, and IWU 4-1-0.  (Elmhurst, or possibly Millikin, will be the 4th team in the tourney.)

Mr. Ypsi

While it could prove fatal, of course, to overlook anyone, I'd have to say the West Vikings are sittin' pretty.  Having the tie-break over both Wheaton and IWU, the tourney will likely be in RI (or is this the year for men's leader hosting?)  They will only have to beat whoever is #4, plus IWU OR Wheaton.  IWU or Wheaton will have to beat the other AND Augie.

Mr. Ypsi

Judging from the 2008 tourney locale (Bloomington), I'm assuming this year's tourneys are at Elmhurst (who has already clinched the men's title).  IF Elmhurst holds on to be the women's #4, perhaps Augie's likely advantage is reduced a bit!