FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerFanAlso2

ok, good points and I stand corrected. Again, have no clue what to expect from the 2017 Tiger squad. Hoping TigerFan optimism plays out. For some reason he is feeling good about the season. Either way, season can't get here soon enough.

jknezek

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on July 25, 2017, 11:08:05 AM
ok, good points and I stand corrected. Again, have no clue what to expect from the 2017 Tiger squad. Hoping TigerFan optimism plays out. For some reason he is feeling good about the season. Either way, season can't get here soon enough.

Eh... 95/5  or 75/25 isn't a huge difference. I just don't think it's quite a guaranteed win. Or at least it wasn't for the Eagles last year! But I don't have much of an idea about HSC this year either and even less for NNA.

HSCTiger fan

Jk what do you want to know?  HSC is certainly not as bad as they played against WL last year. HSC loses 4 starters on offense a WR and 3 on the OL. They return 9 on defense. Lose a LB and a DB. They have a fifth year HB and a fifth year DE coming back from injuries. The DE was 2nd in league in sacks in 2015. DNP last fall. Overall they return 35 of their 2 deep. They have 4 incoming transfers a RB and a LB from CNU and a QB and an OL from WL. The OL from WL played in 6 games last year for WL. One would think if he cannot find the starting lineup he most certainly will provide depth. 

I am always optimistic in July and August and why not? Especially this year.  There's no ODAC team that really seems to stand out. I think coaches will vote RMC in first but they have lost more players than any team in ODAC. More than half of their 2 deep from last year. It's been pointed out WL also loses a lot of key players. It's been over a decade since anyone in ODAC other than HSC, WL or RMC has won the ODAC. This may be the year for a new team. However, odd years have been very good to HSC. 77, 83, 87. 07, 09, 11, and 13. Also I'd like to point out they have won the ODAC 3 of last 4 times that the year ended in a 7. Why not 17? 

Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

Birddawg79

37 DAYS TILL KICKOFF!

I'm very optimistic for W&L this year. Last year we never seemed to play a full 4 quarters. Lost some heart breakers when they could have put the game away but lost focus in 2nd half or they came out dead in 1st half. Ball control hurt us in those close games last year. We can not turn the ball over.

Guess we will see what we got when we scrimmage Brevard in a few of weeks then face off with JHU.

Here is a short 2017 W&L hype video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6O2UPHX2vw

If your team has a video please share.

tigerFanAlso2

no videos that I'm aware of, hoping all film from 2016 was destroyed and acting like 2016 never happened !!!!

HSCTiger fan

Here's a couple of videos.

2017 Captains- https://vimeo.com/210363820

2016 Guilford game - https://vimeo.com/186177289

Bonus - https://vimeo.com/200765658

Double Bonus- https://vimeo.com/97932782
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on July 24, 2017, 04:28:00 PM
just don't take the frustrations of no home games in September out on HSC when they arrive first weekend in October.
no promises lol

hasanova

Took a walking tour of Willamette University in Salem, OR today and drove a few blocks south to 890 Mission to view McCulloch Stadium, football home of the Bearcats.  Marquee says they host Rhodes Sept. 2 ... long trip for the Lynx.

Birddawg79

Wish I could bank the air miles on some of the trips our teams are taking this year.

jknezek

Quote from: Birddawg79 on August 02, 2017, 11:57:31 AM
Wish I could bank the air miles on some of the trips our teams are taking this year.

CMS is the only long trip this year. Granted it's the longest one in W&L football history as far as I'm aware, but it's the only flight game on the schedule. First flight game since a trip to the Bahamas in something like 1994.

Guilford, Sewanee and Wash U all come to Lex this year, so the next farthest trip is E&H at 165 miles. I wouldn't mind getting the frequent flyer miles for the whole W&L team trip to CMS credited to me, but otherwise there isn't more than a 3 hour bus trip on the schedule.

Birddawg79

Heck, I've got 2 in college. I would take the bus miles as broke as I am.  ;D

hasanova

Guilford has six road games this fall:  to Montgomery, AL; to Fayetteville, NC; to Davidson, NC; to Jacksonville, FL; to Lexington, VA and to Bridgewater, VA ... so much more than normal.

tigerFanAlso2

Montgomery & Jacksonville will be no fun but the other trips are reasonable. I made the drive to Montgomery from Richmond, my memory Montgomery  is about an hour south of Atlanta, so not horrible from Greensboro but glad I don't have to make the drive. If you go, you will enjoy the experience as I found the people to be very friendly. 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on August 07, 2017, 05:12:32 PM
Montgomery & Jacksonville will be no fun but the other trips are reasonable. I made the drive to Montgomery from Richmond, my memory Montgomery  is about an hour south of Atlanta, so not horrible from Greensboro but glad I don't have to make the drive. If you go, you will enjoy the experience as I found the people to be very friendly.
Montgomery to Atlanta is closer to 2-2.5 hours.