FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upstate

Quote from: fisheralum91 on November 13, 2018, 08:37:52 AM
Quote from: Upstate on November 10, 2018, 02:26:56 PM
Just put a running clock on the 2nd half of the Fisher game. This is brutal to watch.

And yet they come back to tie the all time comeback win in program history.....
Head scratcher.
Vos rallied the troops - good to see.
Will it be fruitful in the off season and carry over.....dont know.....
3 wins is better than 2 but......its still only 3 wins
another season shot

It must have felt great for the Seniors to go out like that but surrendering a kick return for a TD with seconds left in the first half is inexcusable.

Opposing teams scored on 3 pick sixes, two fumble returns, two kick returns, a punt return and a safety. That's horrible ball control and special teams play.

They have some exciting pieces on both sides of the ball. Cleveland is electric with the ball in his hands. Blake & Harrington are solid WRs. Duvall looks like he can be a solid RB too. On defense the front of Maddi/White/Peters is a pretty solid base and Wheeler looks like a difference maker at LB.

However that's about all they have though. The line & QB play has been atrocious for two straight years and the defense can get gashed on the ground way too often.

There's a reason they've won only 5 games the past two years and it goes beyond the players.

Again it was a good sight to behold when the team mobbed the kicker at the end but despite what the coaches say, that win does not signify they're back where they need to be.
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

fisheralum91

Quote from: Upstate on November 13, 2018, 11:07:33 AM
Just put a running clock on the 2nd half of the Fisher game. This is brutal to watch.

Head scratcher.
another season shot

It must have felt great for the Seniors to go out like that but surrendering a kick return for a TD with seconds left in the first half is inexcusable.

Opposing teams scored on 3 pick sixes, two fumble returns, two kick returns, a punt return and a safety. That's horrible ball control and special teams play.

They have some exciting pieces on both sides of the ball. Cleveland is electric with the ball in his hands. Blake & Harrington are solid WRs. Duvall looks like he can be a solid RB too. On defense the front of Maddi/White/Peters is a pretty solid base and Wheeler looks like a difference maker at LB.

However that's about all they have though. The line & QB play has been atrocious for two straight years and the defense can get gashed on the ground way too often.

There's a reason they've won only 5 games the past two years and it goes beyond the players.

Again it was a good sight to behold when the team mobbed the kicker at the end but despite what the coaches say, that win does not signify they're back where they need to be.

Turning the corner?
I dont buy it either...

Bengalsrule

Quote from: fisheralum91 on November 13, 2018, 11:26:54 AM
Quote from: Upstate on November 13, 2018, 11:07:33 AM

Head scratcher.
another season shot

Turning the corner?
I dont buy it either...

Fisheralum. Just curious if any of you guys are Fisher basketball fans and or know a good place to get subs/wings near your campus next Tuesday??

D3viewer

4 E8 teams in post season. Half the conf...not bad. 2nd place Cortland was the only winning conf team left holding the bag.Thru no fault of their own, stuck in no mans land.

12PM   Alfred 6-4 @ Salisbury Steak 8-2 (NJAC)   Hey..the good news is you got an ECAC bid..The bad news is you have to bus 433 miles to Eastern MD and back. SU has the #1 rushing attack in the
                                                                        country and the 7th overall defense. That's pretty tough and at home. AU doesn't have much comparable to that. SU with the victory.

12PM  Framingham St 8-2 (MASCAC) @ Brockport 10-0.  Cortland blew out Fram St earlier this year and we'll see if this is a similar result. Framingham's "strength" is their D, but they gave up 57 points to
                                                                                   Cortland, and lost to Plymouth St, who Brockport manhandled last season in the 1st round NCAAs. Brockport is 7th nationally in offense
                                                                                   and 2nd in total defense, so they have tremendous balance. Should be a comfortable victory for the GE's.
1PM Morrisville 6-4 @ Grove City (PA) 7-2 (PAC)           Mustangs make the trek to Western PA. Teams look pretty evenly matched. I'll give the slight edge to the Wolverines playing at home.

1PM Utica 6-4 @ Ithaca 8-2           Ithaca thought they had put the Utica's of the world behind them when they left for the LL. I'm sure this game is a let down for them, but hopefully they can muster the
                                                   strength to take care of business at home Cornell. Their 11th ranked defense should be enough to take care of UC's feisty offense. Blaise leaves his alma mater alma mater's town not
                                                   victorious. 

Bengalsrule

Buffalo State's Boyes steps down as head coach. Coach Ozolins takes over !

1stmaak

At least Buff State allowed him to go out on his own.  Hope Fisher does the same for Vos.  Both deserve that.  Not how Brockport did to their old Coach

Upstate

Quote from: 1stmaak on November 18, 2018, 03:26:33 PM
At least Buff State allowed him to go out on his own.  Hope Fisher does the same for Vos.  Both deserve that.  Not how Brockport did to their old Coach

You mean letting go of the old guard and promoting a young, hungry and innovative alum that transformed them from a middling SUNY school to a final four team that has a chance to go to another final four???

Yeah, we don't want that to happen...
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

1stmaak

Fox is the one who has transformed that program at Bport. Not the head coach.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: 1stmaak on November 18, 2018, 03:38:50 PM
Fox is the one who has transformed that program at Bport. Not the head coach.

It can't be both?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

1stmaak

Brockport never had a problem scoring. There defense was what was always the problem. Fox comes in and bam, ECACs, NCAAs, NCAAs.

bports

Quote from: 1stmaak on November 18, 2018, 03:38:50 PM
Fox is the one who has transformed that program at Bport. Not the head coach. Move on and let it go!! Fox has helped but is far from the only one to help transform the Eagles !! Recruiting is at an all time high along with great facilities. Brockport promotes a big family atmosphere and the coaches put in big time work on the recruiting trail. Between winning and having top notch facilities kids are wanting to play in Brockport.

bports

On a side note Brockport gets a few big time players back after being out for 3.5 games. Brockport is not a good matchup for RPI. Massey says 34-13 , I will go with 40-17. Also think JH beats Frostburg by 7-10 pts.

AUPepBand

Here's a nice highlight video of Alfred's 14-7 defeat of Salisbury State yesterday in Maryland:
https://www.wmdt.com/2018/11/salisbury-drops-the-ecac-bowl-to-alfred-in-a-close-one/

Great way to wrap up the Saxon season. Congrats to Nas Smith on being named Bowl Game MVP.
AU had its bumps and bruises this season but finished strong. Bob Rankl now 40-16 over five years as head coach.

Congratulations, seniors, upon being the most successful class in AU football history, winning 35 games in four seasons.

On, Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

bports

Congrats Au pep. A down year in Alfred is still a good year for most. !! Very nice to see AU beat one of the better njac teams. Way to finish strong.

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on November 18, 2018, 06:37:19 PM
Here's a nice highlight video of Alfred's 14-7 defeat of Salisbury State yesterday in Maryland:
https://www.wmdt.com/2018/11/salisbury-drops-the-ecac-bowl-to-alfred-in-a-close-one/

Great way to wrap up the Saxon season. Congrats to Nas Smith on being named Bowl Game MVP.
AU had its bumps and bruises this season but finished strong. Bob Rankl now 40-15 over five years as head coach.

Congratulations, seniors, upon being the most successful class in AU football history, winning 35 games in four seasons.

On, Saxon Warriors!
Pep,
Congrats to the Saxon Warriors on beating a tough Salisbury team. A crazy up and down season for AU, but as you said , ending on a high note for a great Senior Classic.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath