FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat11

Quote from: Bearcat Press on January 16, 2013, 05:31:25 PM
According to http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop,

QuoteSources tell us Willamette offensive coordinator Brian Sheppard will join the Indiana State staff as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks.

I saw Coach Sheppard at Sparks Center on Monday, so I'll wait until someone issues a press release to confirm this one way or another, but if true, congrats to him.  As a Willamette fan, I was certainly hoping he'd stick around for a while, but all the same, jumping from D-III to D-I is quite an accomplishment.  I'm confident that Coach Fowles will find someone to do a great job next year.

Bring back the Fly! ;)

Well, scoop is typically a reliable source and the fact that Sheppard is no longer listed on Willamette's coaching page.....

I'm bummed too B-Press.  I REALLY like his offensive scheme.

wildcat11

@d3jason

Nice quotes from Brett Elliot about losing his job at Utah to Alex Smith and a Linfield mention in today's Monday Morning QB column by Peter King on si.com

D O.C.

Nine years from Glory.
How long until  spring ball?
I know we shouldn't make waves, but who will be quarterbacking this 2013 number 3 pre-season ranked team?  8-)

wildcat11

Quote from: D O.C. on January 29, 2013, 02:55:41 AM
I know we shouldn't make waves, but who will be quarterbacking this 2013 number 3 pre-season ranked team?  8-)

IMO, it's Yoder's job to lose and we all know he has the ability.  I like Yarbrough a lot and think he's going to push for the job in the Spring and Fall camp. The Knecht kid has a truck load of talent.  It's the position that everyone is going to be watching for sure.

D O.C.

Come on, what'dya expect? The Ravens wear purple.

DuffMan

News in the Twitter-verse is that Frosty Westering is ailing and in hospice care.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Frosty, the Westering family, and the entire PLU football family.  Frosty is a great man and coach; our SJU/PLU matchups in the late '90s and early 00's were classics.  I hope that he is comfortable and surrounded by loved ones.

:'(

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

wildcat11

Quote from: DuffMan on February 11, 2013, 03:33:49 PM
News in the Twitter-verse is that Frosty Westering is ailing and in hospice care.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Frosty, the Westering family, and the entire PLU football family.  Frosty is a great man and coach; our SJU/PLU matchups in the late '90s and early 00's were classics.  I hope that he is comfortable and surrounded by loved ones.

Echo that 100%. Frosty has been a titan for small college football and his players for decades.  This is incredibly sad news.  Nothing but my best to the Westering and PLU family during this time. 

RedandPurple

Quote from: wildcat11 on February 11, 2013, 05:23:52 PM

Echo that 100%. Frosty has been a titan for small college football and his players for decades.  This is incredibly sad news.  Nothing but my best to the Westering and PLU family during this time.

My prayers for Frosty and his family.
Go Cats! Make it 62 in '17!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston S. Churchill

RedandPurple

This is totally unrelated to football. The Willamette Valley Wineries and Oregon were mentioned during an episode of Hawaii 5-0. Score one for Oregon!  ;)
Go Cats! Make it 62 in '17!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston S. Churchill

d-train

DuffMan, thanks for posting this.  I've been meaning to mention something on here for the past couple days, though I don't have much more information than what you've already stumbled across.  I think the move to hospice care happened within the last 3-5 days.  I hear that he is eating well and trying to regain strength. 

Frosty has battled a series of health issues (including a recent fall) and has an underlying heart condition.  He made some of the PLU games this past year (saw him at L&C), but was not in McMinnville for the playoff game.  Coach is 85.

I can't say enough about the impact he has had on myself and other former Lute players, not to mention the larger geographic, professional, and Christian communities (like Fellowship of C.A.).  I wish him only the best.

cawcdad

Toughts and prayers from me also. Keith McMillan wrote a nice piece about Frosty: http://www.d3football.com/notables/2013/02/appreciating-frosty

OldCatProf

While the Linfield-PLU rivalry was white-hot for all the many years that Frosty and Ad Rutschman headed their respective programs, my favorite subset of years occurred in the 1970s and 1980s. Every year (it seemed) the conference championship came down to the Lute-Cat matchup. Wow, were there ever some titanic football games; hard fought, closely matched and often going down to the last play.

Win or lose, the Lute players reflected their coach...class and dignity.
Our best wishes and prayers for comfort go out to Frosty and to the entire Westering and PLU families.
"My only feeling about superstition is that it's unlucky to be behind at the end of the game."
Duffy Daughterty