New England Soccer Discussion

Started by Jim Matson, June 09, 2006, 12:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Flounder

Quote from: blooter442 on September 09, 2015, 09:58:46 AM
Quote from: ECSUalum on September 08, 2015, 09:35:11 PM
ECSU defeats Wesleyan 1-0 on another D'Ambrosio goal at around the 50 min mark.  The Warriors return home to play Ramapo on Sat.

ECSU is the story of the season so far. A 3-0 win against Babson is impressive for any side, and I certainly took notice after that, but then two road victories against good opponents. Wesleyan certainly had most of the ball/pressure after the goal but the ECSU defense and goalkeeper were excellent. It will be interesting to see how their regular season unfolds, I'd love to see them make a run in the tournament.

Yes, they have been impressive.  Their confidence has to be good now....

lastguyoffthebench

They will be squaring up against a Ramapo team that has just 3 conference wins in the NJAC the previous two seasons.  I'd expect a DRAW in this one.

ECSUalum

Quote from: blooter442 on September 09, 2015, 09:58:46 AM
Quote from: ECSUalum on September 08, 2015, 09:35:11 PM
ECSU defeats Wesleyan 1-0 on another D'Ambrosio goal at around the 50 min mark.  The Warriors return home to play Ramapo on Sat.

ECSU is the story of the season so far. A 3-0 win against Babson is impressive for any side, and I certainly took notice after that, but then two road victories against good opponents. Wesleyan certainly had most of the ball/pressure after the goal but the ECSU defense and goalkeeper were excellent. It will be interesting to see how their regular season unfolds, I'd love to see them make a run in the tournament.

Thanks blooter 442
I also hope they make a run.  They will need to do well vs UM Boston with their roster of expatriots!!

blooter442

Wheaton goes 1-0 up against WNE on an absolute screamer by Fromhein. Shot while on the run outside the 18, top left corner, 'keeper no chance.

PaulNewman

Coast Guard have really taken a dive.

ECSUalum

ECSUalum

ECSU defeats Ramapo College of NJ 4-0 powered byFreshman Justin Jensen's hat trick.  The match was close in the first half with Eastern going in with a late 1-0 lead, with shots, corners etc pretty even.  Second half was all Warriors especially when they scored the second goal on a Ramapo GK mishandle, (low line drive that bounced out from under the keeper. Freshman, Ryan Murphy recored his 4th straight clean sheet!! Next up, Roger Williams tomorr ow@ 2pm .

ECSUalum

ECSU 2 Roger Williams 1.  RW scored first on a beautiful Charlie Mader  header off a corner by Trevor Sparda , Murphy had no chance but was his first goal-against this season.  JD Stearns and Andres Villars got markers for ECSU.  The Warriors take on Albertus Magnus next week Tues.  Freshman Justen Jensen who had 3 goals yesterday just missed on a couple of opportunities today.  This kid will be a star for Eastern going forward!!!

UMass Boston leading Puget Sound 2-0 with 7 minutes left in the match!!

UMB 2 PS 0 Final

Tufts breaks through with goal @ 55 min mark vs Plymouth State.  Tufts with what looks looks to be 80% of possession and a "millon" corner kicks.  Tufts blew a PK at the 20 min mark in the first half!!  This match is basically over for Plymouth as they just cannot maintain possession!!!

Ommadawn

Quote from: ECSUalum on September 13, 2015, 04:00:20 PM

UMB 2 PS 0 Final

Both goals by former YNT and current first-year player Kenawy.

Mr.Right

Quote from: Ommadawn on September 13, 2015, 05:16:03 PM
Quote from: ECSUalum on September 13, 2015, 04:00:20 PM

UMB 2 PS 0 Final

Both goals by former YNT and current first-year player Kenawy.

Kenawy was a former FC Bolts player, but I had no idea he was a YNT...

Corazon

Yes, I believe he had a call-up at some point.  I thought he had gone to Northeastern.  Surprised to see him on UMB roster.

Mr.Right

Quote from: Corazon on September 14, 2015, 02:04:55 PM
Yes, I believe he had a call-up at some point.  I thought he had gone to Northeastern.  Surprised to see him on UMB roster.

He probably heard that Head coach Ainscough formerly of Bowdoin is an absolute nightmare to play for...Rumors had it that the players at Northeastern after the 2014 season marched into the AD's office to request a change at Head Coach. Ainscough is a good coach but wears out his welcome after 5-6 years usually. Happened at Providence and Bowdoin where he basically got fired

Corazon

Quote from: Mr.Right on September 14, 2015, 02:19:52 PM
Quote from: Corazon on September 14, 2015, 02:04:55 PM

He probably heard that Head coach Ainscough formerly of Bowdoin is an absolute nightmare to play for...Rumors had it that the players at Northeastern after the 2014 season marched into the AD's office to request a change at Head Coach. Ainscough is a good coach but wears out his welcome after 5-6 years usually. Happened at Providence and Bowdoin where he basically got fired

Interesting intel (esp that he coached Bowdoin, as I didn't know) and I've also heard Ainscough can be a demanding coach.  However, he ran the Bolts Academy, so I doubt that was the reason.

Mr.Right

Ainscough played for Ed Kelly(BC Head Coach) at Fairly Ridiculous University when Ed Kelly coached there. Then he was Kelly's assistant at BC for a couple years then got the Providence College Head coaching gig from 1996-2000 I believe. He turned that program around pretty fast but then an incident happened which caused him to resign. He immediately got the Bowdoin Head Coaching gig from 2000-2005 and immediately turned them around. Bowdoin WAS VERY GOOD from 2000-2004 and had a GREAT side in 2003. He then has a couple run-ins with parents with the club he started(Seacoast) and another issue and was forced out in July 2005. Luckily there was still an opening at Northeastern and he got the job immediately. He managed to trun that program around also and got an NCAA bid I believe in 2012.

That is why he has a shelf life of about 6-7 years at a school before he starts to wear out his welcome...He does have a knack of turning programs around and is a very good coach. At Bowdoin he would be coaching every play but I think he has calmed some since then

Mr.Right

Keene St has taken a horrific NOSEDIVE...0-4-0 with 1 Goal in 4 games. Wheaton, MIT and Springfield is good competition but a 2-0 loss to Castleton St at home and 6-1 pounding from Springfield does not look good....Possible injuries that I do not know about but this program was one of New England's best just 6-7 years ago