FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintsFAN

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 12, 2019, 06:19:11 PM
Definite possibility. I am guessing we will never know, because who will tell the story?

since Frank won't serve up any softballs:  what about Gayle King?  She did such a phenomenal job with RKelly... ::)
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

gizzmo13

SO BASICALLY , Kevin Burke got cut from Memphis so they could sigh Goofball Manzeil?

Raider 68

Anyone heard if another team signed Pierre Garcon?
13 time Division III National Champions

skunks_sidekick

Quote from: Frank Rossi on March 12, 2019, 10:07:45 PM
Definite possibility. I am guessing we will never know, because who will tell the story?

Well, a year ago when he reached out to me, he claimed he really wanted to tell his story but couldn't with the pending criminal matter.  Somebody should tell it.  Some folks seemed upset, for whatever reason, that we gave a chance to Tevin Jones to tell his story and to come clean about what happened in his life.  I think the questions were fair -- not easy since they required him to take accountability about some difficult things -- and we afforded him the opportunity to send a message to the folks that needed to make decisions about his education and football career about what he's done to rectify his life.  Because of it, he's back in school.

D'Angelo might hate us for doing our job as reporters, but I think Tevin's interview shows how positive an interview can go despite uncomfortable subject matter.  And honestly, I have nothing to hide if D'Angelo wants to question anything about my approach or something he disagrees with.  A year ago, I shared his side about some on-field stuff and his lawyer's statements when they reached out to me.  And contrary to some stupid Twitter comments, I think we're all glad this thing is over.

So, let's see what happens.  I know the road to Alliance well.  But I don't fire softballs in interviews, despite some suggestions.  Ask DeLane Fitzgerald and several others.  It's D'Angelo's prerogative what he does from here to move forward.  In the meantime, I'll continue doing my job, as you expect me to do.

I told myself to just let it alone, because the "ordeal" was over so it just didn't matter.  HOWEVER, I find it incredulous that Frank you even entertain the thought (although you tried to walk it off the ledge) that ANYONE (especially DA) owes you anything.  And Pat, when all this was coming down & Mount folks decided they didn't want to talk to you D3 Football, your "defense" was that a certain individual didn't work for you?  Ummm...he is everywhere on this website, did the Stagg Bowl, and is still on this website.  A team/coaches/university decided that your (by proxy) approach was aggressive, tabloid journalistic (definitely my words not theirs) & negative, and determined they didn't want to talk to you leading up to the Stagg seems to make a lot of sense to me as a parent. 

Ding me all you want, but I think it was BS from the word go, and we all should be better.  If that was my kid, I would have been ballistic to say the least.  Time heals all wounds but don't expect that to happen anytime soon at Mount.  What is the upside for them?

MUC57

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on March 19, 2019, 01:03:56 AM
Quote from: Frank Rossi on March 12, 2019, 10:07:45 PM

Well, a year ago when he reached out to me, he claimed he really wanted to tell his story but couldn't with the pending criminal matter.  Somebody should tell it.  Some folks seemed upset, for whatever reason, that we gave a chance to Tevin Jones to tell his story and to come clean about what happened in his life.  I think the questions were fair -- not easy since they required him to take accountability about some difficult things -- and we afforded him the opportunity to send a message to the folks that needed to make decisions about his education and football career about what he's done to rectify his life.  Because of it, he's back in school.

D'Angelo might hate us for doing our job as reporters, but I think Tevin's interview shows how positive an interview can go despite uncomfortable subject matter.  And honestly, I have nothing to hide if D'Angelo wants to question anything about my approach or something he disagrees with.  A year ago, I shared his side about some on-field stuff and his lawyer's statements when they reached out to me.  And contrary to some stupid Twitter comments, I think we're all glad this thing is over.

So, let's see what happens.  I know the road to Alliance well.  But I don't fire softballs in interviews, despite some suggestions.  Ask DeLane Fitzgerald and several others.  It's D'Angelo's prerogative what he does from here to move forward.  In the meantime, I'll continue doing my job, as you expect me to do.

I told myself to just let it alone, because the "ordeal" was over so it just didn't matter.  HOWEVER, I find it incredulous that Frank you even entertain the thought (although you tried to walk it off the ledge) that ANYONE (especially DA) owes you anything.  And Pat, when all this was coming down & Mount folks decided they didn't want to talk to you D3 Football, your "defense" was that a certain individual didn't work for you?  Ummm...he is everywhere on this website, did the Stagg Bowl, and is still on this website.  A team/coaches/university decided that your (by proxy) approach was aggressive, tabloid journalistic (definitely my words not theirs) & negative, and determined they didn't want to talk to you leading up to the Stagg seems to make a lot of sense to me as a parent. 

Ding me all you want, but I think it was BS from the word go, and we all should be better.  If that was my kid, I would have been ballistic to say the least.  Time heals all wounds but don't expect that to happen anytime soon at Mount.  What is the upside for them?

skunks sidekick

What you said!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Frank Rossi

Apparently, skunks wasn't on the phone a year ago when Fulford called me to talk.  According to my notes, he said the following: "Yeah. Like you said, you know Mr. Dutko [his attorney] and like when my time is right, like the case is settled and everything, I'll speak on everything."  So, that's what Pat is referencing, I'm guessing.

As for why I'd dare think I could be a candidate for that discussion — D'Angelo has a lot to suggest about me in his social media.  So, one thinks if he has a lot to say about me and how I've approached my reporting, and I have a lot of questions about what has happened over the last 3 1/2 years leading up to last week, then let's sit down and discuss both sides of the history here, on the record.  That's what men do — hash it out and make it a positive, productive experience instead of acting like children behind a cell phone keyboard.  That's his choice, of course.

Austin Appleby was the QB Coach, for whoever asked.  He left to play QB in the AAF's San Antonio franchise.  While purple believes LK coming in and being the QB Coach next season is validation for Fulford, sources suggest that's actually not the case.  LK is a disciplinarian, as everyone knows.  He's not going to put up with some of the conduct we saw last season when he's on the sideline next season.  And I feel like he's in that role more because he's not happy with the direction things have taken over the last year with QB development, especially with players under Fulford.  Does it mean that Fulford will have to "earn" the starting job next season?  No.  But it's his to lose, per se, with LK having more input than last year.  It'll be interesting to watch the dynamic and how it plays out.

Pat Coleman

Well, back from the D-III basketball Final Four and catching up and will certainly try to find out more about the story this week, but it will be difficult to write something on nothing.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

Skunks -- trying to understand what you wrote overnight but "reporting" is not really the same as tabloid journalism. We reported the story thoroughly -- remember that our reporting doesn't include any of the speculation about the nature of the case. Our reporting is about the driving under a suspended license and his failure to show in court, and the outstanding case which that led to being discovered.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

reality check

Quote from: Frank Rossi on March 19, 2019, 12:25:03 PM
Apparently, skunks wasn't on the phone a year ago when Fulford called me to talk.  According to my notes, he said the following: "Yeah. Like you said, you know Mr. Dutko [his attorney] and like when my time is right, like the case is settled and everything, I'll speak on everything."  So, that's what Pat is referencing, I'm guessing.

As for why I'd dare think I could be a candidate for that discussion — D'Angelo has a lot to suggest about me in his social media.  So, one thinks if he has a lot to say about me and how I've approached my reporting, and I have a lot of questions about what has happened over the last 3 1/2 years leading up to last week, then let's sit down and discuss both sides of the history here, on the record.  That's what men do — hash it out and make it a positive, productive experience instead of acting like children behind a cell phone keyboard.  That's his choice, of course.

Austin Appleby was the QB Coach, for whoever asked.  He left to play QB in the AAF's San Antonio franchise.  While purple believes LK coming in and being the QB Coach next season is validation for Fulford, sources suggest that's actually not the case.  LK is a disciplinarian, as everyone knows.  He's not going to put up with some of the conduct we saw last season when he's on the sideline next season.  And I feel like he's in that role more because he's not happy with the direction things have taken over the last year with QB development, especially with players under Fulford.  Does it mean that Fulford will have to "earn" the starting job next season?  No.  But it's his to lose, per se, with LK having more input than last year.  It'll be interesting to watch the dynamic and how it plays out.

I was once blocked by someone because they couldn't handle an adult conversation on social media "as men do" or "men should be able to do"...

They got worked up and said what they wanted to say, then promptly blocked me so that I couldn't respond or continue our discussion.

That guy's name was Frank Rossi.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

reality check

In unrelated developments, I was driving home last night and spotted a small white hatchback in front of me last night with ASU stickers.  That's not all that surprising given I am in Arizona.

But to see a Wilmington College and Capital University sticker directly above the ASU sticker was unexpected.  Turns out they live about two blocks from my home in the same community so I will have to introduce myself sometime in the near future to them.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

purple

I don't know what Rossi means by saying I think LK coaching Fulford is "validation." What sources?
LK has liked Fulford as a quarterback since the lad was a freshman. He likes the way the kid carries himself, likes his poise, confidence and his obvious physical talents. Who wouldn't want to coach a kid like that? Not to mention he's 29-1 as a starter.
Lk will make him an even better quarterback. Fulford and the other QBs are lucky young men.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: reality check on March 19, 2019, 05:16:27 PM

I was once blocked by someone because they couldn't handle an adult conversation on social media "as men do" or "men should be able to do"...

They got worked up and said what they wanted to say, then promptly blocked me so that I couldn't respond or continue our discussion.

That's gonna leave a mark.

Frank Rossi

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 19, 2019, 07:28:00 PM
Quote from: reality check on March 19, 2019, 05:16:27 PM

That's gonna leave a mark.

Nope.  Not even a scratch.

skunks_sidekick

So Frank you are now spinning that LK coming back as the QB coach is a move to put DA in his place?  Are you really serious about that?  LK coming back has way more to do with him wanting to be involved and enough time removed from when Vince took over for there to be no issues as to who is in charge of what.  DA will be the QB leading this team to another apearance in the Stagg Bowl unless injuries, freak bad luck, or the curse of ROSSI falls on Mount's head.   ::)