MBB: Midwest Conference

Started by siwash, February 10, 2005, 01:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

With Devalk out, it was always going to be an uphill battle for SNC.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

scottie

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 25, 2018, 01:23:10 AM
Quote from: gbpuckfan on February 24, 2018, 11:33:18 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 23, 2018, 08:23:01 PM
End of the St. Norbert MWC dynasty? Ripon with the easy win (based on the final 82-60).

Well, SNC didn't win the autobid last year, IIRC, so is this comment a year late?

That said, still on a streak of 11 consecutive appearances in the conference tourney. Ripon has the next longest current streak at six, so not sure it can be counted as a major upset. Congrats to the Red (and Monmouth) but clearly this wasn't one of best recent SNC teams. S be it.

Not at all. They were still 16-2 in conference last year and hosted. Upset in the semis, but I wouldn't have called it an end to the dynasty. This year, 14-4, 2nd place, out in the semis again, but not an upset, Ripon swept them.

....As did Monmouth.
HEY PAL, DON'T BLOCK THE SHOT!

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: scottie on February 26, 2018, 09:22:56 AM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 25, 2018, 01:23:10 AM
Quote from: gbpuckfan on February 24, 2018, 11:33:18 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 23, 2018, 08:23:01 PM
End of the St. Norbert MWC dynasty? Ripon with the easy win (based on the final 82-60).

Well, SNC didn't win the autobid last year, IIRC, so is this comment a year late?

That said, still on a streak of 11 consecutive appearances in the conference tourney. Ripon has the next longest current streak at six, so not sure it can be counted as a major upset. Congrats to the Red (and Monmouth) but clearly this wasn't one of best recent SNC teams. S be it.

Not at all. They were still 16-2 in conference last year and hosted. Upset in the semis, but I wouldn't have called it an end to the dynasty. This year, 14-4, 2nd place, out in the semis again, but not an upset, Ripon swept them.

....As did Monmouth.

I understand stand that. I simply mentioned Ripon because I don't think Ripon beating SNC in the conference tourney on a neutral court was an upset since they swept them this year.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

gbpuckfan

Monmouth goes to UW Platteville to play the Pioneers. Tough draw - on their home court for the first game.
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

BBJones

Who gets the Lawrence job?   

judgetrainer

National search to be done for both men and women.

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

scottie

Quote from: Mike Rejniak on March 12, 2018, 11:31:54 AM
​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Pat? 

Pat Coleman

I wasn't aware of the postings before they hit the site today but I'm OK with it.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

scottie

I'm going to start an annual D3 football showcase to be aired right before the Super Bowl. Check out my gofundme page soon....   ;)

Pat Coleman

Quote from: scottie on March 12, 2018, 06:03:21 PM
I'm going to start an annual D3 football showcase to be aired right before the Super Bowl. Check out my gofundme page soon....   ;)

How long were you a Division III head coach, and a Division III coach in general? I'll hang up and listen.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

scottie

Oh, Pat, that's where the fundraising comes in....so I can hire coaches and advisors.  SPREAD THE WORD!   ::)

scottie

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 12, 2018, 06:34:21 PM
Quote from: scottie on March 12, 2018, 06:03:21 PM

How long were you a Division III head coach, and a Division III coach in general? I'll hang up and listen.

But since you asked, Pat, I was a DIII head coach for three years with two conference runner-ups and one conference championship on my resume.  Not in your "revenue sports," however, so you and your goons might not speak the same language. :)  If you're interested in adding a level of sophistication to your portfolio, you know where to find me. 

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

badgerwarhawk

I've never coached DIII but I had an incredibly successful run coaching 4th, 5th and 6th grade girls when my daughters were playing.  Six undefeated seasons in the bruising Whitewater Youth Basketball League.  I coached multiple players who have attended college and one even played basketball there.  We were the class of the league. 

However I don't have the time for that now so I won't be starting a GOFUNDME account so anyone inclined to send money, send it to this other dude.  He looks to be doing something worthwhile.

:) ;D :D ;) ::)
"Just think twice is my only advice."