FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D O.C.

Oh, now, RFB, was resigned and now he has a glimmer of hope, especially when the solutes upset the Panthers.

RFB

Quote from: D O.C. on October 14, 2019, 01:17:54 PM
Oh, now, RFB, was resigned and now he has a glimmer of hope, especially when the solutes upset the Panthers.

Nah, SCIAC gets one team in only. Cal Lu will not beat Chapman in Orange County.

olddog

Quote from: RFB on October 14, 2019, 11:57:49 AM
Quote from: 10Freeway on October 14, 2019, 11:27:10 AM
The 4 down run was amazing.  I really believe the QB checked the play or the coaches had no idea it was 4 down.  If the standings hold, the playoffs can be very interesting.  I doubt the committee gives #1 MHB a top 25 Redlands team.  As we have seen, they do interesting things every year.  Has a top 25 team ever not made the playoffs?

Not sure what happened on that play call. We will not find out, but I believe the coaching staff thought it was 3rd down. Anyway, Redlands had plenty of chances in the 4th quarter to get the go ahead score and didn't get it done.

They need to regroup quickly and get ready for a CMS team that beat them at Redlands last year. This will be another tough game for them. Hopefully they will play pissed off with a chip on their shoulders.

QB did not check, the play was called by the OC. Redlands does not check much as a rule. Chapman was the better team, I doubt UR goes to the play offs. I am really ticked off at the some play calling. Did anyone see the replay of the game, did the kid get one foot in bounds from Chapman for the TD at the end of the first half. thanks
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

10Freeway

It's brutal going back through the video.  On the last offensive play for the Bulldogs, 4 and 4, the referee and the down box operator never change the down box to 4 down.  I can see where the confusion may have come from.  That is terrible by the ref not ensuring that the down box was correct.  If you watch after the play, it looks like Maynard tries to call a timeout, thinking that it was 3 down and not 4.  Brutal. 

The kids foot did look in for Chapman for their second TD.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/chapman/portal.htm?eventId=543845&streamType=video
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

Pat Coleman

They do eventually change the down indicator, but it is super late.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

RFB

Quote from: 10Freeway on October 14, 2019, 02:22:22 PM
It's brutal going back through the video.  On the last offensive play for the Bulldogs, 4 and 4, the referee and the down box operator never change the down box to 4 down.  I can see where the confusion may have come from.  That is terrible by the ref not ensuring that the down box was correct.  If you watch after the play, it looks like Maynard tries to call a timeout, thinking that it was 3 down and not 4.  Brutal. 

The kids foot did look in for Chapman for their second TD.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/chapman/portal.htm?eventId=543845&streamType=video

It was a great catch. Chapman has a few receivers that are tall (6'3 or 6'4). Tough to cover in the red zone.

RFB

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 14, 2019, 02:33:35 PM

Doesn't matter. The coaches should know this and not rely on the down operator at all.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: RFB on October 14, 2019, 02:59:03 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 14, 2019, 02:33:35 PM

Doesn't matter. The coaches should know this and not rely on the down operator at all.

No argument from me.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

olddog

Thanks for the link on the game. I agree it was a good catch. I think UR staff knew what down it was, I think they can count to 4. Lets see 2nd and ten I run zone read then throw the hitch, well what down is it.....If anyone on the staff did not know they need to move on.
28 stretch is a bad call .......You know they are coming off the edge hard and you are taught to attack the guy going north/south.....
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

wally_wabash

Quote from: olddog on October 14, 2019, 01:58:03 PM
QB did not check, the play was called by the OC. Redlands does not check much as a rule. Chapman was the better team, I doubt UR goes to the play offs. I am really ticked off at the some play calling. Did anyone see the replay of the game, did the kid get one foot in bounds from Chapman for the TD at the end of the first half. thanks

So right now Redlands has the #2 SOS in the division and, unless Linfield goes in the tank, are going to have a win against a regionally ranked opponent, possibly a fairly highly ranked opponent at that if Linfield runs the table.  Linfield winning is going to buoy Redlands in the regional rankings, which should guarantee them a fairly favorable spot in the West region's at-large pecking order, depending on how much the MIAC and WIAC non-champs beat each other up over the next month, it definitely isn't unreasonable for Redlands to be the top ranked at-large team in the West region.  That #2 SOS is going to recede a bit through the duration of the regular season, but they'll be in a good position with respect to the selection criteria as long as they stay clean through Nov. 16. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

D O.C.

Thanks Wally! We're looking forward to both LINFIELD and Redlands finishing 9-1 - so Redlands can travel to McMinnville for the first round

wally_wabash

Quote from: D O.C. on October 14, 2019, 09:46:33 PM
Thanks Wally! We're looking forward to both LINFIELD and Redlands finishing 9-1 - so Redlands can travel to McMinnville for the first round

Redlands @ Linfield in Round 1 seems extremely unlikely given this year's Redlands-Linfield head to head result.  I haven't thought much about how a bracket might look, but my initial thought is that the NWC champ comes back to the IE for Round 1 with Redlands going off to who knows where.  Or, and this is indicative of how strong I think Redlands' position is at the moment, I don't automatically rule out a Redlands Round 1 home game. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

10Freeway

For UR and Chapman to both have home playoff games, they each need to win out and UR needs destroy their final 5 opponents. It will be interesting to see how the regional rankings are manipulated by the NCAA to keep flights to a minimum.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: 10Freeway on October 15, 2019, 12:52:49 AM
For UR and Chapman to both have home playoff games, they each need to win out and UR needs destroy their final 5 opponents. It will be interesting to see how the regional rankings are manipulated by the NCAA to keep flights to a minimum.

Not this year.

https://d3football.com/notables/2019/10/football-playoffs-welcome-change

10Freeway

The rhetoric about island teams is interesting.  Are they working to get different first round opponents for the SCIAC and NWC?  Instead of each other or MHB?