FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally_wabash

Quote from: 10Freeway on October 15, 2019, 12:51:07 PM
The rhetoric about island teams is interesting.  Are they working to get different first round opponents for the SCIAC and NWC?  Instead of each other or MHB?

I think it would be fantastic if they went in that direction, but I'm not banking on it.  I'd still bet on a NWC/SCIAC/ASC pod, just one that doesn't pit two teams from the same conference together in the first round. 

But man, that would be sweet if this gives them the freedom to do something more creative.  I would love to have that surprise on Selection Sunday. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Gray Fox

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 15, 2019, 01:18:38 PM
But man, that would be sweet if this gives them the freedom to do something more creative.  I would love to have that surprise on Selection Sunday.
But Wabash has two losses. ;)
Fierce When Roused

wally_wabash

Quote from: Gray Fox on October 15, 2019, 03:18:23 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on October 15, 2019, 01:18:38 PM
But Wabash has two losses. ;)

Correct?  Not sure how that relates to this good news about the island teams and how it may lead to better, more balanced brackets. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

bluenote

It makes sense that the SCIAC has a lot of great players... there are far more many rich people in California then there are in the Pacific NW!.... Just wonder what you guys think?  :o

olddog

Quote from: Bluenote on October 16, 2019, 11:33:24 PM
It makes sense that the SCIAC has a lot of great players... there are far more many rich people in California then there are in the Pacific NW!.... Just wonder what you guys think?  :o

Blue, I suggest you try a new search engine for your facts.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

RFB

Blue has been having a meltdown since Linfield lost to Redlands. It's ok Blue, Linfield will retreat to fight another day.

OxyBob

It makes sense that the SCIAC has a lot of great players... there are far more many rich people in California then there are in the Pacific NW!.... Just wonder what you guys think?

What do I think? Of all the dumb posts you've made here, the one above is the most recent.

The two richest Americans are Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos, both of whom live in Medina, Washington. Is Washington still in the Pacific Northwest?

OxyBob

D O.C.

Perhaps RFB is intimating Bluenote has Bulldog Distress Syndrome?

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

OCguy

The student body has been slowly starting to support the football program over the past 5 years since Chapman won their first SCIAC title. Glad the Panthers are finally getting some national recognition. Coach Owens and the school deserve it.

bluenote

Quote from: OxyBob on October 17, 2019, 11:22:59 AM
What do I think? Of all the dumb posts you've made here, the one above is the most recent.

Is that what you call an oxymoronBoB-boobywiggle?  :-*  .... BIGLY!

DFWCrufan

Quote from: OCguy on October 17, 2019, 05:39:08 PM
The student body has been slowly starting to support the football program over the past 5 years since Chapman won their first SCIAC title. Glad the Panthers are finally getting some national recognition. Coach Owens and the school deserve it.
Good for Chapman, although, to be honest I think they whistled past the graveyard against Redlands, the Dawgs were Definitely on the move in the end, O thought Redlands would have pulled that off.
But good on Chappie!
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

olddog

Man this is painful, because I think the UR season is over...as far as the playoffs go...

UR/CMS....day game at CMS...UR never plays well at CMS. This time I think Maynard  has the Losers team and UR rolls. CMS is pretty young and not very deep. I expect CMS to try to establish the run game and also try attach the short routes vs. the 3-3-5 of UR. This seems to be the formula against UR.

Chapman/Oxy...closest thing to a bye Chapman will have all season. Everyone will earn their letter

Whitter/LV ...I will take the home team.

Cal Lu/PP ...most interesting game of the day. Cal Lu will run the ball on PP.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

10Freeway

I am with you Olddog as I really thought the Bulldogs would get the first home playoff game for Maynard.  That really hurts.  Would have been such a great atmosphere in the Runner for a noon kick off in November and an awesome reward for coach.  Hopefully they can rebound and impress enough voters to get an at large.  They have a chance...
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

Gray Fox

olddog,

You forgot to mention Chapman is the homecoming game for Oxy.  I think they have that backwards.
Fierce When Roused