BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCSpartan

I am not sure where wooster is playing for spring break.  But I have heard from an assistant coach from the HCAC that went to Manchester with me that the spartans have a tough spring break schedule.  They will be playing Wooster, Ott, and Wis- Stevens Pointe.  But I am not sure if that is a fact, but if it is with those teams there some good games may come from it. 

Bob Maxwell

It looks like you received good information... Wooster is listed as an opponent on Wisconsin - Steves Pointe's 2007 schedule.  The location is Port Charlotte... so it must be the Russ Matt tournament there.

http://www.uwsp.edu/athletics/baseball/schedule.htm

A lot of schools are starting to post the spring trip games on their web sites...

woosterbooster

Bob -

You're correct, it appears that Wooster is playing in that Russ Matt Tournament in Port Charlotte.  The Rowan University baseball schedule lists Wooster as an opponent on March 14th.

BigPoppa

Is Otterbein going to be the real deal? I guess I am not a believer in them yet. Who do they play down south this year?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: BigPoppa on January 09, 2007, 01:40:29 PM
Is Otterbein going to be the real deal? I guess I am not a believer in them yet. Who do they play down south this year?

Otterbein has ther complete team back and last year nearly made the Championship round.  I expect god things to come the Cardinal's way.  The rest of the  prenial contenders have big shoes to fill which leads me (and others) to think Otterbein is the "real deal"

BigPoppa

Quote from: Jim Dixon on January 10, 2007, 02:54:48 AM

Otterbein has ther complete team back and last year nearly made the Championship round.  I expect god things to come the Cardinal's way.  The rest of the  prenial contenders have big shoes to fill which leads me (and others) to think Otterbein is the "real deal"

Jim- Sounds like you know them well. I will trust you on that one.

woosterbooster

Here is the 2007 College of Wooster Baseball Schedule.  They have, indeed, moved to Port Charlotte from Ft. Myers, for their Florida trip.  This year, they'll play their Allegheny league games in Florida instead of those against Oberlin as they've done for at least the last two years. 

Only 7 home dates for a total of 10 games.  A 3-game home series against Wabash, the first time I can remember Wooster hosting them.  A road game against D1 Kent State.  The NCAC tournament at Denision (lights added to their field last season) instead of Wittenberg.

March 11 vs. Anderson^ (2) 12:30
March 12 vs. Greenville^ (2) 12:30
March 14 vs. Rowan^ 4:30
March 15 vs. Transylvania^ 3:00
March 16 vs. Ohio Wesleyan^ 9:00
March 17 vs. Wis.-Stevens Point^ 3:00
March 19 vs. Clarkson (N.Y.)^ 11:30
March 20 vs. Manchester^ 10:30
March 21 vs. Messiah^ 9:30
March 23 vs. Allegheny^* (2) 12:30
March 24 vs. Allegheny^* (2) 9:30
March 29 at Baldwin-Wallace 3:30
March 31 at Kenyon* (2) 1:00
April 1 at Kenyon* (2) 1:00
April 4 MARIETTA 4:00
April 6 OBERLIN* (2) 1:00
April 7 OBERLIN* (2) 1:00
April 11 at Kent State 3:00
April 12 at Otterbein 4:00
April 14 WABASH (2) 1:00
April 15 WABASH Noon
April 18 MUSKINGUM 4:00
April 19 at Heidelberg 4:00
April 21 at Hiram* (2) 1:00
April 22 at Hiram* (2) 1:00
April 24 OTTERBEIN 4:00
April 25 at Denison 7:00
May 1 at Ohio Northern 4:00
May 2 at John Carroll 4:00
May 5-6 NCAC Tournament Semifinal Series TBD
May 10-11 NCAC Tournament Championship Series (at Granville, Ohio) TBD
May 16-20 NCAA Div. III Mideast Regional Tournament TBD

(2) indicates doubleheader
^ indicates games at Port Charlotte, Fla.
CAPS indicate home games at Art Murray Field
* indicates North Coast Athletic Conference East Division games

wally_wabash

I believe Wabash officially kicked off the spring season with the first practice of the year today.  We're hovering around 10°F here in central Indiana today...couldn't ask for a better day to kick off baseball season.   ::)

BTW, Wabash will repeat their "cactus league" opening trip this year at the Greater Phoenix Invitational down in AZ.  Wabash's first game is against Wartburg on 3/4. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Captain Morgan

OVER RATED!!!!! OVER RATED!!! OVER RATED!!!

Big Poppa- I have a feeling that they are ranked a bit high. Certainly a top 30 team, but not #1.

BigPoppa

Quote from: Captain Morgan on January 30, 2007, 02:56:41 PM

OVER RATED!!!!! OVER RATED!!! OVER RATED!!!

Big Poppa- I have a feeling that they are ranked a bit high. Certainly a top 30 team, but not #1.

We will know in a few weeks when everyone kicks off, huh? I always find it hard to bet against Marrietta in that region.

wally_wabash

Otterbein and Marietta are OAC teams, right?  If not, our conference just got a whole lot more difficult.   ;D
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Li'l Giant

Quote from: wally_wabash on January 29, 2007, 05:08:38 PM
I believe Wabash officially kicked off the spring season with the first practice of the year today.  We're hovering around 10°F here in central Indiana today...couldn't ask for a better day to kick off baseball season.   ::)

BTW, Wabash will repeat their "cactus league" opening trip this year at the Greater Phoenix Invitational down in AZ.  Wabash's first game is against Wartburg on 3/4. 

It would be nice to have that info available, oh, maybe on the website.

In the absence of Wabash baseball I'll have to settle for Div-I games this weekend, despite the cold (for Texas) weather.
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

BASH6-4-3

[quote author=Li'l Giant
It would be nice to have that info available, oh, maybe on the website.

You can keep up with all of the diamond news on the Wabash Baseball Blog - "On Deck Circle"
Coach Stevens has done a great job at keeping fans, parents, alumni and recruits informed about what's going on this off-season and into the pre-season.

"This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray.  It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again.  Oh...people will come Ray." - Field of Dreams, 1989

Li'l Giant

"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

WoosterFAN

I am not sure how long the roster has been out on the Wooster Website. 
Here are some notes, just at first glance:

- Wooster has really been hitting Pittsburgh area hard.  Three kids out of Steeler country coming to COW were all-Section by the Post-Gazette voted by area coaches:

P/IF Matt Barnes City League
IF Justin Thomas Class AA
1b Frankie Quirin Class AAAA

And I count 9 nine Freshman pitchers to add to the staff that lost 3 or 4 seniors.
I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy" John F Kennedy