BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JK

Six Killed in Bluffton baseball bus crash... this is just awful.   Our thoughts and prayers to all in the Bluffton Family:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6522208

BASH6-4-3

Wabash website announces that the baseball games in Phoenix this week will be broadcast by Teamline, with video feed for selected games.  Also live game stats provided on the baseball website.   Nice!
Still have snow covering my front yard here in Denver ... but I can practically smell the freshly cut infield grass down south.

Here's the link for Teamline:
http://www.wabash.edu/news/displaystory.cfm?news_ID=4443
"This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray.  It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again.  Oh...people will come Ray." - Field of Dreams, 1989

Li'l Giant

Quote from: BASH6-4-3 on March 03, 2007, 10:48:06 AMWabash website announces that the baseball games in Phoenix this week will be broadcast by Teamline, with video feed for selected games.  Also live game stats provided on the baseball website.   Nice!
Still have snow covering my front yard here in Denver ... but I can practically smell the freshly cut infield grass down south.

Here's the link for Teamline:
http://www.wabash.edu/news/displaystory.cfm?news_ID=4443

I had a hard time turning the truck west back to Texas instead of heading to Phoenix after my week in Albuquerque this week. One of these days I'll take some vacation (ha, yeah right) and go see some spring baseball.

At least I'll be able to hear the games, though. I'm ready for some Wabash baseball.

Wabash always fights!
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

wally_wabash

Baseball season is upon us! 

Wabash dropped their first two games of the Arizona trip to Wartburg by scores that I care not to mention on Sunday but bounced back with a sweep over Lebanon Valley in today's action.  Wabash got complete games from Joey Neizer (who was recently mentioned in an ESPN.com article I saw about the mysterious "gyroball") and TJ Siple.  Wabash needed the complete games as the Little Giant bullpen got a workout on Sunday.  Congrats to Coach Stevens on his first wins as head coach at Wabash.

Wabash (2-2) is back in action with a doubleheader against Rochester Institute of Technology Tuesday morning. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

ScotsFan

I know that Wooster is still alive in the hoops tournament, but baseball starts tomorrow for the Scots down in  sunny FLA with a double header vs. Anderson!

Here's a preview article on Wooster from the Daily Mistake for anyone interested:

'Scots ready to answer questions'

woosterbooster

Wooster's doubleheader against Anderson is being netcast through the Anderson website.  Wooster leads 1-0 in the second, senior catcher Brandon Boesiger having hit the first pitch of the season over the wall for a homerun!

Now, these wonderul announcers, an inning later, reveal that it was Jake Sankal who hit the first-inning homer.  Amazing.  They can't pronounce the name of the school, the names of the players, the names of towns.  Worst I've heard all year.  ;)

ScotsFan

Wooster won their opener over Anderson yesterday 7-5.  I couldn't find any results for the 2nd game of the DH.

woosterbooster

Quote from: ScotsFan on March 12, 2007, 08:10:34 AM
Wooster won their opener over Anderson yesterday 7-5.  I couldn't find any results for the 2nd game of the DH.

They were winning around 6 or 7 to nothing in about the 4th inning when I turned it off.  Trappazano was on the mound and had already struck out about 8 or 9, including the side in the last inning that I listened to.

ScotsFan

Was that supposed to be a DH yesterday?  I know it's listed as a DH on Wooster's schedule, but it doesn't appear to be listed that way on Anderson's schedule.

woosterbooster

It definitely was a DH.  I listened to almost all of the first game, including the finish, and about the first four innings of the second game.

Another DH today, happening as I type, unless rain or invading soccer players intervened.

ScotsFan

Wooster ended up sweeping Anderson winning the nightcap 9-0! :)

Haven't seen any results on yesterdays DH with Greenville.

Today, they take on #24 Rowan for two.  This is a series that has been budding into somewhat of a rivalry over the past few seasons.  They meet each year down in FLA and when the Scots made their trip to the DIII World Series a couple of years back, guess who was there?  Rowan.   

countyroad

Are the games being broadcasted through the link at the Scots site? I remember listening last spring, but I do not recall if that is where I was getting the feed. Good start for the Scots.

Thanks

countyroad

Wooster's site is updated, but without box scores.

Defeated Anderson 7-5 (9 innings and 9-0
Defeated Greenville 13-5, 10-2
Overall Record 4-0

ScotsFan

Good start for the Scots.  It hasn't taken them long to find their bats as they are scoring 9.75 rpg in their 1st 4 contests!  Their preview said that they weren't worried about scoring runs (and is that ever really a concern at Wooster?).  It was the pitching that was going to be in question for the Scots this season.

I'm looking for Rowan to give them a more formidable challenge tomorrow!

Quote from: countyroad on March 13, 2007, 09:17:06 AM
Are the games being broadcasted through the link at the Scots site? I remember listening last spring, but I do not recall if that is where I was getting the feed. 

Thanks
I don't know if all the games are being broadcast from down in FLA, but I did see where tomorrow's game against Rowan at 4:30 will be broadcast over the net on WQKT.  Here is the link:

Wooster vs. Rowan Broadcast

If I notice any more games scheduled to be broadcast, I'll post the links on here.

BASH6-4-3

Wabash goes 3-6-1 in Phoenix.  Played some very close games the second half of the week that hopefully will benefit this young squad.  Still (same story past few years) not getting the timely hit and making the costly error when the game is on the line and thus the losing record.

A chance to get things right tomorrow.  Scheduled at DePauw for a single 9 inning game.  Time to break the 7 year losing streak to the long-time rival.
How's the weather look in Hoosierland?
"This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray.  It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again.  Oh...people will come Ray." - Field of Dreams, 1989