BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woosterbooster

Quote from: Spence on May 16, 2007, 03:16:18 PM
If there's someone going to the tournament could they please try to send a message for the live update people to actually post the 9th inning? This has happened several times with Wooster this year. They just stop posting after the 8th inning and you never see how it ended.

Excuse me, I didn't realize we Wooster fans were obligated to keep you updated Spence.

OWUBaseballRocks

I wasn't bitching about Strongville....I was bitching about COW.  And considering COW was hosting, they should have links up, and they should be fully functional links for the 4-5 friggin days they have it.  Its piss poor planning on COW's part and all the teams showing up shouldn't have to provide their own feeds, it should be part of the package of hosting...and as was pointed out....they had an offer to have someone else do it, and they stupidly turned it down.....letting down MULTIPLE fans all day.  As it is, their supposed "scheduled" shutdown that was only supposed to last until 9, is still shutdown and their site is still unreachable. 

As it is.....lets hope it is fixed by noon tomorrow.

And to WooBoo....I'm not implying they did it on purpose....I'm implying they couldn't have tried harder to schedule it at an asinine time. 

woosterbooster

I really don't know what to say to you guys that are complaining about this except that I hope your teams go two and out so we can be rid of you for a year.

woosterbooster

I was up at the regional from 11 AM until 7 PM.  I saw the first two games and killed some time between games during the rain delay.  I had a damned good time watching some good baseball.  I came home and was about to post my thoughts on two good ballgames only to once again encounter the everlasting Wooster bashing that goes on here. 

Instead of being able to talk baseball, I find myself feeling it necessary to defend Wooster against yet another insinuation regarding lack of ethics, integrity, or whatever.  It just goes on and on, beginning during basketball and running through baseball.  It really stinks, if you want to know the truth.   

OWUBaseballRocks

Well I'm sorry WooBoo, but I don't have the luxury of spending the entire day at Strongsville because I want to keep my job and pay my bills...so in the meantime of working, I wanted a short respite of being able to at least see live stats of the game on the website and I couldn't even get that.  I'm not bashing the sports....I'm bashing the people in charge of the power outage that took down the website.  The only thing that I don't like about any Wooster sports is that the baseball diamond is a little on the smaller end of things and thus a launch pad and sometimes makes for less interesting games.  I bitch about OWU's network all the time (and trust me, from being a student there, it sucks something hardcore) and it was just INCREDIBLY disappointing that the school hosting the regional playoff would let down so many fans by not having an option thru either their own stuff, or by what was offered to them.  How hard would it have been to accept the offer of posting live stats that was given to them?  Not hard.  If OWU had been hosting it and the website would have been down, there would have been a million people bitching this way (and its probably a damn good thing they weren't hosting because the website almost 99% would have been down).

Pat Coleman

I didn't read the Wooster regional site but if it said in advance that it would be down on Wednesday night I don't think you have anything to complain about, OWUBaseballRocks. Looks like you should've known this would come up.

Otterbein's radio was still available. I know it didn't work in Firefox but I saw that last weekend and immediately switched to Internet Explorer. Easy enough, no?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Spence

Quote from: countyroad on May 16, 2007, 07:40:13 PM
Quote from: Spence on May 16, 2007, 07:33:49 PM
Three hits apiece. One home run apiece. The only thing to choose between the teams really was the error. I'd just be thanking my lucky stars that you won a game you very easily could have lost if I were you and not worrying so much about how long other teams might be around.

A little hypocritical don't you think? 

Scot's Fan-
  Interesting news on the Methodist game.  That's something you don't expect to see.

What's hypocritical about what I posted?

Spence

Quote from: Wooster Booster on May 16, 2007, 09:35:14 PM
Quote from: OWUBaseballRocks on May 16, 2007, 06:23:56 PM
I find it funny the Wooster administration picks TODAY of all days to have the power outage, leaving the website down only after Wooster plays their games....leaving the live stats updates unavailable for games 2 and 3.  NOT PLEASED.  Not only that, but of course Otterbein's audio is not working either.  Bad Wooster. BAD.

What do you mean you find it FUNNY?  You're implying that they did this on purpose in order to shortchange fans of other schools in some way?  Where do you guys come from with this crap?  Holy smokes!

If you'd been paying any attention to the Mideast Regional page you'd have noticed that as soon as it was posted it was mentioned that the Wooster campus would be without power on Wednesday evening.  There was an apology, in advance.  What the hell do you want?

Something about 7 P's comes to mind here. Wooster knew before the season started they wanted to host the regional and when it would be. I don't see what would have been so tough about having this outage the day before the tournament. I don't remember having this problem with any other school at any other site.

Scotsfan, you've got so many piecemeal replies in your post that it's making my head spin, so I'm just going to take care of this here. You suggested that Methodist was somehow on the way out of the tournament even though they won by 7 runs when your own team was far more fortunate to win than Methodist was. Yes you mentioned that Wooster was fortunate to win, but you didn't say Wooster was destined to be eliminated if they keep it up like you did Methodist.

Spence

Quote from: Wooster Booster on May 16, 2007, 09:37:51 PM
Quote from: Spence on May 16, 2007, 03:16:18 PM
If there's someone going to the tournament could they please try to send a message for the live update people to actually post the 9th inning? This has happened several times with Wooster this year. They just stop posting after the 8th inning and you never see how it ended.

Excuse me, I didn't realize we Wooster fans were obligated to keep you updated Spence.

I didn't say anything about Wooster fans. There are people at the tournament that aren't Wooster fans, you know. Heck, there are probably more fans of other teams at the tournament than Wooster fans.

What else is the point to having a live stats but to keep people updated? Is it just to burn up some bandwidth before they turn all the power off?

The way they've done their updates several times this year that I've watched them, the only people would know how the game ended wouldn't be reading the update, most likely. They're either at the game or listening to it.

It was just an observation and suggestion. But then, Wooster and their fans have never been too receptive to the idea that they might be fallible.

Pat Coleman

I think this goes back to my statement before that the entire Wooster campus probably doesn't revolve around baseball. I don't remember IT doing athletics too many favors in my experience in athletic departments ... and that's when I was designing department Web sites, so I was closely involved.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ScotsFan

My God!  I come in here to check on scores and I see the power outage is still the hot topic???  Is there baseball being played or what?!  Last time I checked, OWU's and Marietta's SI depts combined don't do as good of a job as Wooster's SI dept!  Maybe if OWU's SI dept did half the job that Wooster's does, you might not have had to rely on Wooster's SI dept for your precious updates!!!

Did you happen to read what Pat posted a whie back?!  In case you missed it, allow me to highlight it for the slower ones and you should know who you are by now:

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 16, 2007, 08:06:34 PM

I doubt that the entire campus revolves around Wooster baseball.

And to take a page from Pat's book of answers from another conversation on another board...

Ding ding!!! ;)

ScotsFan

Quote from: Spence on May 16, 2007, 11:47:56 PM
But then, Wooster and their fans have never been too receptive to the idea that they might be fallible.
Boy, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black Mr. I'm an expert on everything... ::)

OWUBaseballRocks

Considering this tournament is bringing money in for Wooster (I'm sure), I'm n ot saying Wooster should revolve around the athletes...but maybe they should revolve around what brings them money.  A simple day change of a scheduled power outage would have been much wiser.  And even if OWU's website doesn't update as well as Wooster's....I still got my info from them first today.  ****ty.  Its not a good business plan to be missing a day of information. Supposedly "slow" or not, you can't argue with a sound business plan....and that wasn't it.

OWUBaseballRocks

Its a simple concession...its all thats being asked.  It was not handled properly for a group that knew they were hosting it and had the opportunities to cover their asses in this area.