FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCF

For anyone wanting something to do this Saturday-Bar louie is having another viewing party this week. From what I heard, last week's crowd had a great time!
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

ncc_fan

Quote from: newcardfan on November 20, 2012, 01:31:43 PM
For anyone wanting something to do this Saturday-Bar louie is having another viewing party this week. From what I heard, last week's crowd had a great time!

Here's the info:
http://northcentralcardinals.com/sports/2009/2/19/GEN_0219091811.aspx?id=119

New Tradition

Quote from: oldnuthin on November 20, 2012, 01:15:38 PM
Quote from: New Tradition on November 20, 2012, 01:07:27 PM
Quote from: oldnuthin on November 20, 2012, 01:01:03 PM
Hate to break up all the playoff talk, but i found this very interesting on several levels. Same sight says OC Peebles will not return.

Carthage College (D-III - WI): Carthage College is seeking to hire a Head Football Coach.  The successful candidate will be responsible for all facets of a DIII football program.  Carthage College competes in the NCAA and is a member of the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin.  Carthage is located on the shore of lake Michigan, midway between Milwaukee and Chicago.  Carthage has a full time enrollment of 2500 undergraduate students, including 700 student athletes participating in 24 intercollegiate sports.  The position requires a bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred) in physical education or related field, as well successful coaching experience at the college level.  Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.  Email letter of application, resume and references to:  rbonn@carthage.edu; Dr. Robert Bonn, Director of Athletics/ Exercise and Sport Science, Carthage College.

Wow, this is very disappointing.  I really hope Coach Rucks is ok...thoughts and prayers with him and his family.

Just checked their sight, Rucks to become assistant director of athletics, so i think he is ok. He kinda looks like mike tice in the picture on the website. In person i thought more along the lines of brian billick." Hey Stew say I had this first on twitter." RR

Well I'm glad to hear that, then.  And I ALWAYS thought he looked like Mike Tice.  Especially in Son of Tailgater's profile photo.
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

footballfan413

Quote from: desertcat1 on November 20, 2012, 01:08:56 PM
Quote from: footballfan413 on November 20, 2012, 11:23:06 AM
Feels like deja vu watching the Cat fans invade your board with their banter.  :D Back in 05 when UW-W pulled the big upset winning at the Cat Dome, defeating the 04 Stagg Bowl Champs, 44-41, in what many of us still call, "one of the greatest games ever,"  they had plenty to say the week leading up to that game.  They have actually mellowed quite a bit, believe me!   ;D  I just want to let you all know that Linfield Cat fans, both here on the boards and in Oregon, are one of the best group of fans in all of D-3!!  When we arrived at the parking lot, our large group of player's parents were immediately invited to join a tailgate of fans who were running several large smokers where they fed us some great BBQ.  The hospitality at the tailgate, restaurants, hotels, even met the chancellor, etc., was second to none and I had the privilege of meeting fans from many programs all over the US during my son's career.  The atmosphere, program and fans were so warm and welcoming, it was one of the best experience I have ever had as a football fan. Of course, coming home with the win added greatly to the experience.   ;)  Safe travels to the NCC team, parents and fans and enjoy the ride.  The Cat fans will treat you very well.     

Hey 413,   Thank you for the kind words BUT :-* ,  Why did you let the CAT out of bag so soon? ;)

It was a great game even if. :'(
Sorry DC1.  I know some of you guys like to remain incognito.  Did I spoil all the fun?   Hey, at least I didn't blow GHC's cover, the, "phone it in," guy and tell them that he is the best of the bunch. That will just be our little secret.............................. ;) ;D

BTW, it was an amazing game. 11 lead changes and when we took the lead with 42 seconds left, I was scared to death that it was too much time for Elliot and Co. and it almost was.   8-)   
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

MonroviaCat

Quote from: footballfan413 on November 20, 2012, 04:37:02 PM
Feels like deja vu watching the Cat fans invade your board with their banter.  :D Back in 05 when UW-W pulled the big upset winning at the Cat Dome, defeating the 04 Stagg Bowl Champs, 44-41, in what many of us still call, "one of the greatest games ever,"  they had plenty to say the week leading up to that game.  They have actually mellowed quite a bit, believe me!   ;D  I just want to let you all know that Linfield Cat fans, both here on the boards and in Oregon, are one of the best group of fans in all of D-3!!  When we arrived at the parking lot, our large group of player's parents were immediately invited to join a tailgate of fans who were running several large smokers where they fed us some great BBQ.  The hospitality at the tailgate, restaurants, hotels, even met the chancellor, etc., was second to none and I had the privilege of meeting fans from many programs all over the US during my son's career.  The atmosphere, program and fans were so warm and welcoming, it was one of the best experience I have ever had as a football fan. Of course, coming home with the win added greatly to the experience.   ;)  Safe travels to the NCC team, parents and fans and enjoy the ride.  The Cat fans will treat you very well.     

Hey 413,   Thank you for the kind words BUT :-* ,  Why did you let the CAT out of bag so soon? ;)

Sorry DC1.  I know some of you guys like to remain incognito.  Did I spoil all the fun?   Hey, at least I didn't blow GHC's cover, the, "phone it in," guy and tell them that he is the best of the bunch. That will just be our little secret.............................. ;) ;D

BTW, it was an amazing game. 11 lead changes and when we took the lead with 42 seconds left, I was scared to death that it was too much time for Elliot and Co. and it almost was.   8-)
Yeah--if we only had a running game that year....probably could have run out the clock before that last lead change  :'(
Go Cats!

Mr. Ypsi

Thanks 413.  I always suspected that DC1 and GHC were great guys; I just wish I understood one third of what they post!  Linfield Lingo must be taught in a foreign language department somewhere. :P

desertcat1

Quote from: footballfan413 on November 20, 2012, 04:37:02 PM

413,  well you know how some of us old timers are? 8-)

Did you get to see GHC  do his BLOW of the Clam Chowder too? That was funny.. The boys put on a good spread from fresh shrimp to smoke salmon and the best Mrs. COCO's cookies from the island out west.   8-) :-*

I really thought when we got the ball back last that we would pull it out but your boys held on..
Great game indeed one of my all time even if we lost.. The boys left it all on the field can't ask for any more than that.  8-)   This has to be hard on all the uww fans no playoffs in a long time.. :o  We still want another shot at uww someday..  :)

go cats
Go Big D
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

desertcat1

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 20, 2012, 05:03:31 PM
Thanks 413.  I always suspected that DC1 and GHC were great guys; I just wish I understood one third of what they post! Linfield Lingo must be taught in a foreign language department somewhere. :P

You're not the only Ypsi? :-* ;)  "I think we have been running with Willie to long ? 8-)

C.W. Smith

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: desertcat1 on November 20, 2012, 05:10:58 PM
Thanks 413.  I always suspected that DC1 and GHC were great guys; I just wish I understood one third of what they post! Linfield Lingo must be taught in a foreign language department somewhere. :P

You're not the only Ypsi? :-* ;)  "I think we have been running with Willie to long ? 8-)

If that was intended to confuse me even further, congratulations! ;D

D O.C.

Me too. :-\

I just answer him anything back and keep moving.

desertcat1

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 20, 2012, 05:16:23 PM
Quote from: desertcat1 on November 20, 2012, 05:10:58 PM

If that was intended to confuse me even further, congratulations! ;D
[/b]

Hey ypsi, 
That brought tears to my eyes buddy? ;D :'( :'( :'( :'( :'LOL.... ;)

it's about time ? ;)

C.W. Smith

cludad

desertcat1

Quote from: D O.C. on November 20, 2012, 05:32:07 PM
Me too. :-\

I just answer him anything back and keep moving.
yeah but you keep surfing and drinking the sea water too?  ;D 8-)

C.W. Smith

desertcat1

Quote from: cludad on November 20, 2012, 05:49:55 PM
all the cat fans are insane ;)

it must be a thing when you can make it out of the first round with a WIN..  oh, that's right you don't know how that feels ?  ;) :D ;D 8-) :-*

C.W. Smith

Gig Harbor Cat

8-)  don't believe anything 413 says,  we ARE all insane ( cludad is right ), We ride harley's, drink firewater ( electric long islands , by the jug pre game ) We walk the visitors sidelines all game ,  you won't see us because we will be decked out in camo !!  Its just part of the Catdome experience. 

Phone it in

Gig Harbor Cat