Posters' Poll

Started by Mr. Ypsi, January 06, 2006, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Well, we have a reluctant, last-resort volunteer - any eager volunteers?  It really is quite intriguing to see the poll shaping up, ballot by ballot and wonder 'what was this voter smoking'! ;D

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on September 02, 2014, 06:09:12 PM
Well, we have a reluctant, last-resort volunteer - any eager volunteers?  It really is quite intriguing to see the poll shaping up, ballot by ballot and wonder 'what was this voter smoking'! ;D
I did not know we pollsters in Colorado or Washington.?.?.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 02, 2014, 07:29:36 PM
I did not know we pollsters in Colorado or Washington.?.?.

I assure you that smoking funny stuff occurs other than in Colorado and Washington!

For example, I used to to it in Illinois and Michigan. ;)  I would have done it in Maine, but the border agents (on our honeymoon trip) in New York found the stuff.  (I was lucky; they didn't find the stuff that would have gotten me a life sentence in NY at the time.  The judge thought it was all pretty much a joke, called us 'Bonnie and Clyde', and sentenced me to a year's probation.)

KnightSlappy

Might it be possible to set up something through Survey Monkey with a template that could be re-used every week? I'm not very familiar with creating surveys, but maybe I'll have time to look into it.

EDIT: Looks like there might also be an option to set up a Poll Form through Google Docs.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I have used the poll forms through Google before... seem pretty helpful and user friendly.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

7express

I'll stand up and accept the challenge!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: 7express on September 03, 2014, 11:53:23 PM

I'll stand up and accept the challenge!
You will sit in front of your computer screen for hours on end and wait for PM's and emails to dump on you!   :)  Thanks for doing it.

magicman

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on September 02, 2014, 11:09:16 AM
After last winter's brutality, Mrs. Y and I are probably going to be snowbirds this year.  Since I don't know what my internet access may or may not be, I must reluctantly pass the PP mantle to someone else.  Any takers?

I must say that's a pretty flimsy excuse for a resignation. :P You think Florida may not have internet access where you'll be located ? I'm the one with internet problems up here in the wilderness of Northern New York where I still can't get high speed internet at my house and I'm forced to use a dial up phone connection. (Although Charter Communications has told me that I may be able to get a high speed connection in about 2 months from now) As a Posters' Poll voter that hasn't missed a poll in God knows how many years I'm stunned that I'll have to send my Top 25 to someone other than you. I demand a recount! :o

I suppose the next thing we'll hear from you is that you can't participate in the National Pick Em League and the NCAA Tournament Fantasy League because of your internet access as well. ???

FCGrizzliesGrad

So what's the status on things here? Who's running it and when will the first ballots be due? End of the first weekend of January?
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I imagine January 12th would be a good day for the first poll.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

smedindy

By that time everyone will have a .500 record!  ;)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on December 04, 2014, 06:10:19 AM
So what's the status on things here? Who's running it and when will the first ballots be due? End of the first weekend of January?

7express has volunteered to administer the poll.  My guess would be the first poll would include games thru Jan 11, but that is up to him.

7express

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on December 04, 2014, 06:10:19 AM

I guess I'm running it this year  ???

A good time to start it would be the second Sunday of January (the 11th).   All games through the end of that day (and all Sundays in future weeks) would be included.  Unlike Mr. Y who gave the Tuesday deadline, I'll leave the deadline for Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern since Tuesday is the LEC day and I'm usually busy with that.  So, no excuses for why you can't submit a vote since you have 24 extra hours to do one this year!

So, the first week ballots are due by 8 PM Eastern on Wednesday the 14th of January.

ronk

The winner gets to be the 9th vote at the NCAA Pool C selection and tourney bracketing.

magicman

Quote from: ronk on December 04, 2014, 09:39:15 PM
The winner gets to be the 9th vote at the NCAA Pool C selection and tourney bracketing.

Maybe I missed something ronk...the winner of what???