WBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Andrew Wagner, July 27, 2005, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UWPSUPERFAN77

I understand ranking! thank you for your answer! I just like UWL more as a chance to get an overachieving team a chance IN. I think UWW lost to many games and underperformed! Also,they were blown out in last game against UWO!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: UWPSUPERFAN77 on February 27, 2019, 09:53:38 AM
I understand ranking! thank you for your answer! I just like UWL more as a chance to get an overachieving team a chance IN. I think UWW lost to many games and underperformed! Also,they were blown out in last game against UWO!

Opinions about overachieving teams and underachieving teams is not something committees can discuss in any scenario. It is all opinion based and we left the "old boys club" and "eye test" back a few decades ago.

I understand your point ... but the information the committees are working with doesn't agree.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

UWPSUPERFAN77

Seems like UWO players did not get enough credit for a great season! I think they should have had  one more starter selected for first team,excluding Pustina. She is a great leader, and student,. She deserves her great honor as co Scholar,but lacks productivity in her statistic. I like the 2 choices for UWP. They were the heart of an improved team! They were not ignored despite finishing in 5th place.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is nearly time to tip off the 2019 Division III Men's and Women's Championship Tournaments, but not without checking with Hoopsville first.

We talk to a number of programs getting ready for their first round games. From those dancing for the first time to those whose programs are a mainstay, we will cover the gamete on Thursday's show. Tune in starting at 7:00 p.m. ET to also hear who experts and friends of the show think will be in the final fours, even winning it all, in a few weeks time.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Thursday's show in the video player above. If you miss any of the program, you can always watch it On Demand or listen to the audio-only podcast to the right (available shortly after the show goes off air).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Matt Hunter, York (Pa.) men's coach
- Bobby Hughes, Rosemont men's coach
- Women's final four predictions
- Brian Morehouse, No. 10 Hope women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Brad Fischer, No. 13 UW-Oshkosh women's coach
- Terry Butterfield, Texas-Dallas men's coach
- Men's final four predictions

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

UWPSUPERFAN77

Nice crowd at UWO almost 700! They play great defense! Oshkosh,put 1000 in the stands tonight! Show love for a good team!

UWPSUPERFAN77

Nice win UWO! Defense wins championship! Very poor crowd, less than 500. I would die for  a regional game at UWP! Oshkosh show some love for a great team!

UWPSUPERFAN77

I see UWW got buried on night one of tournament. DAH tournament committee!

Pat Coleman

Half the teams lose in every night of the tournament!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

UWPSUPERFAN77

You are right Mr. Coleman! My comment is part of my previous assertion that UWL was the better team then UWW! I think UWW getting buried just made my previous point be more accurate!  Thank you for all the work on this site!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: UWPSUPERFAN77 on March 03, 2019, 09:18:00 PM
You are right Mr. Coleman! My comment is part of my previous assertion that UWL was the better team then UWW! I think UWW getting buried just made my previous point be more accurate!  Thank you for all the work on this site!

Lots of teams would get buried against Wash U at Wash U. If you go back to before you dropped off the board for 12 years, that would still be true.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

badgerwarhawk

WARHAWKS: 2
Eagles: 1

I think that sums it up. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

UWPSUPERFAN77

I lived in Eauclaire for 5 years and remember several years of WU against UWEC ! Lisa Stone vs WU Hall of fame coach! I learned to love d3 women's hoops!

Voice of the Titans

I am really starting to lose any appreciation for exclamation points that I may have ever had.
We started that WRST Sports sh**.

UWPSUPERFAN77

If I use too many Sorry. Watched about half of UWO women tonight. Tough loss. The Titans shot poorly from the 3 line. They also have a hard time playing up tempo to a team like Wartburg! Great season and better luck next time. The Titan style is not made to play from behind. They do not make shots without a lot of passing and killing the clock on offense. However,they lost to a gresat opponent that could beat St Thomas tomorrow!