BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1_For_27

I see O'factor has made it over to the baseball board.  give it time he will make u crazy

BigPoppa

Quote from: janesvilleflash on March 06, 2006, 08:56:45 AM
nunc est bibendum

"It appears that Mr. Ringo is an educated man like myself... now I really hate him."

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

CaptainKurt

O'Reilly!!  You can't hide from us!!

O'Reilly!! Yuo ca'nt hdie frum uss!!!!

POUNDTHEROCK

Kart
Your right I can't hide from you, but I am staying off the football board for a while.
All I want to know is what is Doug Henry former UW Whitewater pitching coach up to. He was fired after the Brawl at Oshkosh a couple years ago. I'll never forget that as the coach from oshkosh shouted out"GO GET HIM" after their player got accidently hit in the head, and the brawl was on.
Edit: unsubstantiated allegations removed -- Moderator

cubs

Quote from: POUNDTHEROCK on March 13, 2006, 11:10:57 AM
I'll never forget that as the coach from oshkosh shouted out"GO GET HIM" after their player got accidently hit in the head, and the brawl was on.
I see it doesn't matter the sport, football, baseball, etc.. you aren't one for stating the facts.  You should really get a clue waht is going on before you spout of... ::)
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

POUNDTHEROCK

I believe what I stated are he facts as I was there that day, and was told exactly what the oshkosh coach said as there were UWW standing near the oshkosh dugout. :)

BigPoppa

Quote from: POUNDTHEROCK on March 13, 2006, 11:10:57 AM
Kart
Your right I can't hide from you, but I am staying off the football board for a while.
All I want to know is what is Doug Henry former UW Whitewater pitching coach up to. He was fired after the Brawl at Oshkosh a couple years ago. I'll never forget that as the coach from oshkosh shouted out"GO GET HIM" after their player got accidently hit in the head, and the brawl was on.

Hey rock... a word of advice is to not state things about certain people that could be binding in a court of law. "GO GET HIM" could have legal ramifications if that coach were to press charges of libel against you, but I can conclude from your eloquent writings that you must be intelligent enough to understand this(I hoppe you caught my sarcasm).

POUNDTHEROCK

Big Poppas,
I do totally underestand what you are saying. I am just repeating what was told to me that the Oshkosh coach said. This is second hand information. Iwas not near the oshkosh dugout.
Whether he said it or not is some what irrelevant,as the warhawks won most of if not all of the games that year against the titans. I think the oshkosh whitewater baseball rivalry is the biggest rivalry in the WIAC.

BigPoppa

Quote from: POUNDTHEROCK on March 13, 2006, 02:46:13 PM
I believe what I stated are he facts as I was there that day, and was told exactly what the oshkosh coach said as there were UWW standing near the oshkosh dugout. :)

Just because you were there does not mean that you heard what was said. The simple fact that you were "told" what the coach allegedly said should allow us to rule you out as a credible witness to the incident.
Also, if this is the type of writing students are learning at Whitewater I fear for the future of the University. Mix in a spell check once in a while.

cubs

Would it matter if someone was near the dugout??  Last time I checked UWO was up to bat when Shere got hit, so wouldn't the coach be in the 3rd Base coaches box and not the dugout??  Either the coach yelled (and there would be more people hear to support your statemant) or your informant has some great hearing to be able to hear what was said probably roughly 40-50 feet away? 

Either way it is something that happened almost two years ago, so why bring it back up??

BigPoppa

Quote from: cubs on March 13, 2006, 04:13:14 PM
Would it matter if someone was near the dugout??  Last time I checked UWO was up to bat when Shere got hit, so wouldn't the coach be in the 3rd Base coaches box??  Either the coach yelled or your informant has some great hearing to be able to hear what was said probably roughly 40-50 feet away? 

Either way it is something that happened almost two years ago, so why bring it back up??

Well said... some people just fixate on things they cannot change... or really want to be a part of. It's basic psychology in its purest form.

REDMENFAN

Interesting conversation in here! ;) Any word on how Oshkosh is doing? Carthage is 3-1, and plays a DH against the titans Wednesday. This game is a great rivalry, but don't get mixed up, Augie and Lechnir get along just fine. Steve Coughlin (Sophmore transfer from Oshkosh) starts in right field and has batted clean up and in the 5 hole for the Redmen this year. Not bad for someone Oshkosh turned into a pitcher last year and wouldn't let him swing a bat. Should be a great two games. Carthage has had the bragging rights the last two years, Oshkosh has a chance to earn some. Olson and Evosovich (Carthage's 1 and 2 starters) both threw complete games Saturday, so I don't know if Carthage will throw them on 3 days rest or not. Finally, any significant injuries for the Titans? Chris Sadjak is the only major one for the Redmen. He is out another 2-3 weeks, and should be one of the Redmen's top run producers.

BigPoppa

I would bet that Augie turns his #1 and #2 loose on Wednesday against Oshkosh. It should be a good matchup of two programs with solid pitching. I expect a low scoring set of games.

cubs

UWO is 2-2.  They dropped their first two games (Wittenberg and #22 Suffolk) in extra innings (12 and 10 innings repectively.)  Stanke (UWO's #1 and transfer from D1 Evansville) threw against Suffolk giving up six runs in 8 innings of work.  Gowey (UWO's #2) took the loss giving up 3 runs in the 10th.

UWO responded by sweeping Ohio Wesleyan yesterday, and are off until their DH with Carthage on Wednesday.  

These ARE NOT your fathers Titans.  As of now, they are starting 6 freshman.  The staff IS NOT very deep, typically a strength for UWO.  My guess is if Carthage throws their #1 and #2 UWO would be happy with a split.

BigPoppa

Stanke is the real deal though. I watch him throw n=many time in high school and he just gets it done. I think that will be a great match-up for Carthage. They usually handle the hard-throwers quite well.