BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REDMENFAN

I think both teamswould be satisfied with a split, just as long as they don't get swept by an in-state rival! I agree that chances are it will be two low scoring games. With that said, the teams will be all jacked up and might just go off and hit the snot out of the ball. I wasn't aware that oshkosh is starting 6 freshman! I assume they must be pretty darn good ball players to be starting there as freshman. If they are successful this year, look out the next 3 years after they get a year of college baseball experience under their belts.

cubs

Quote from: REDMENFAN on March 13, 2006, 05:40:21 PM
I wasn't aware that oshkosh is starting 6 freshman! I assume they must be pretty darn good ball players to be starting there as freshman.
I think part of it has to do with the fact that the upperclassmen that played last year didn't come back, and the ones that did, didn't produce enough last year (not one starter returning had a BA over .297) to give the coaching staff a whole lot of faith in them.  The majority ot the offensive production came from Jirschele, Yost, Perdomo and Balcoa, three seniors and a junior who didn't return.  (This is just MY observation.) 
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

BigPoppa

Carthage beats #2 Cortland State 4-2 on Tuesday setting up a great showdown with UW-Oshkosh on Wednesday afternoon.

Both teams seem to be seeking identity and this could be the day that pushes each of them in the direction they are headed.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

BigPoppa

UW-Oshkosh down to Carthage 2-0 in the 3rd inning...
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

REDMENFAN

REDMENFAN

Oshkosh took the night cap 5-4 in ten innings. Carthage blew a 4-1 lead in the 7th inning (it was a 7 inning game.) As expected, a great DH between two good teams

1_For_27

Who are the top pitchers in the league this year?

With 2 mlb'ers leavin WW who will pick up that slack?

janesvilleflash

Same thing as last year. their 2 top pitchers Endl and Callahan went pro, and Reinhard and Tommy stepped up. Can they do it again?
If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

badgerwarhawk

Finally the WARHAWKS[/color] take to the diamond and officially kick off the 2006 campaign.  They did it the right way too with a pair of wins 4-1, 13-2 over Augsburg.  In the first game Mike Jacobson went five innings as the HAWKS[/color] scored three runs in the bottom of the fifth for the 4-1 victory.  Eddie Adamson and Matt Delong collected two hits apiece.  In game two Andy Keller went five innings for the win and combined with Jay Grutzmacher to four hit Augusburg.  Greg Harder and Jason Rutz led the 14 hit  WARHAWK[/color] attack with three hits apiece. 

The WARHAWKS[/color] will play a pair of  nine inning games today. The first  vs North Central followed by John Hopkins.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

REDMENFAN

Do you know if Kuhn (Freshman from Burlington Catholic Central) has a chance to see any playing time. I know he was one of the top D-3 recruits around after putting up amazing numbers his senior year in high school.

cubs

Quote from: janesvilleflash on March 24, 2006, 09:05:50 AM
Same thing as last year. their 2 top pitchers Endl and Callahan went pro, and Reinhard and Tommy stepped up. Can they do it again?
Their is a big difference however....  Reinhard was 8-1 with a 3.05 ERA in 2004, while Tomasiewicz was 10-0 as a Freshman in 2003 and 4-4 in 2004.  Both those guys had proven they could win.  There isn't anyone like that for this years Warhawks.  The Warhawks don't return a pitcher who had more than 4 decisions last year (Riek 2-2) and as we all saw last year, PITCHING wins Championships.

cubs

Quote from: REDMENFAN on March 24, 2006, 12:31:45 PM
Do you know if Kuhn (Freshman from Burlington Catholic Central) has a chance to see any playing time. I know he was one of the top D-3 recruits around after putting up amazing numbers his senior year in high school.
It appears he would be #3 on the depth chart at Catcher, as Whitewater has played two other catchers in their first 2 games (Gorman and Deck.)  I suppose we will have to wait how everything plays out, to see if he will get any time at 1B.

badgerwarhawk

WARHAWKS[/color] stumble some and go 1-2 over the weekend losing to North Central 11-8 and John Hopkins 9-5 on Friday and beating Southern Maine 8-6 on Saturday.  Kuhn has not played in any of the games thus far.

"Just think twice is my only advice."

REDMENFAN

Thanks for the info. on Kuhn. Wow, a kid who can swing the bat like he can, he must have some studs in front of him

REDMENFAN

Thought some WIAC fans might be interested in this. I was watching a brewers spring training game monday night and Vinny Rottino flied out deep to end the game. Rottino is a UW-Lacrosse grad, and grew up in Racine, WI. He is currently hitting .455 during spring training games, and is playing in triple A this year. The announcers said this undrafted kid will definately be a major leaguer in the near future!! Vinny Works out at Carthage College all winter long and hits live against their pitchers as well as helps out with Christmas baseball camps. He is one of the nicest guys I've met and nobody works harder. He was in the weight room daily at 7 a.m. with Scott Roehl (Double A pitcher in the cleveland system from Kenosha) every day.