BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

The one thing that truly shows the depth of players at UW-O is the fact that Craig Leider's name has never even been brought up. There was nothing worse than facing Zappa, Jorgensen and Leider in the 2, 3, and 4 holes in the the 1995 World Series, and then seeing Jarrod Washburn on the mound that day. One of the worst days of my life. We battled back to beat Marrietta and Cortland on back to back days, but ran out of juice against eventual national champion Methodist.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

OshDude

Poppa,
That team was something else. I did have Lieder on my all-time team. In fact, I had all four of those guys on my team.

BigPoppa

Quote from: OshDude on February 04, 2007, 09:36:42 PM
Poppa,
That team was something else. I did have Lieder on my all-time team. In fact, I had all four of those guys on my team.

I still have no idea how that team did not win the title. Second place had to be a huge disappointment for them.

srpoint

UW-Stevens Point All-Time Team
I have been following UWSP for the past 15 years, so I apologize if someone before that I missed on this team.  It did not follow Point when they won 10 games a year, wow things have changed the past 10 years! Not quite as impressive as UW-O, but a pretty good team.
I could not come up with a catcher, ss, 2b / maybe someone else can put some names for this?
Because the Pointers can always hit I put in three DH's!!

DH - Gary Kostuchowski - mid 90's
DH - Steve Wiczek - mid 00's (because of one year)
DH/1b - Ryan Jones - early 00's
1b - Chris Berndt - mid-late 90's
3b - Paul Molitor - early 00's
OF - Chuck Brehm - early 00's
OF - Brian Nelson - mid-late 90's
OF - Randy - early 00's
P - Chris Simonson - mid-late 90's
P - Bill Verbrick - early 00's
P - Jordan Zimmerman - still playing

ANY OTHERS?

cubs

Quote from: srpoint on February 06, 2007, 09:52:52 AM
I could not come up with a catcher, ss, 2b / maybe someone else can put some names for this?
SS-Jake Frombach-All time Hits leader at Point
RP-Jared Szews-All time Saves leader at Point
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

janesvilleflash

WW fans may be interested in this.

Bruce Levine of ESPN1000 and Rotoworld are reporting the Cubs have sent Jae-kuk Ryu to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays for prospects RHP Greg Reinhard and OF Andy Lopez (thanks to reader Bogey for the tip). That should clear off the 40-man roster spot needed to add Cliff Floyd.
If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

NCWC

Quote from: BigPoppa on February 04, 2007, 11:13:24 AM
The one thing that truly shows the depth of players at UW-O is the fact that Craig Leider's name has never even been brought up. There was nothing worse than facing Zappa, Jorgensen and Leider in the 2, 3, and 4 holes in the the 1995 World Series, and then seeing Jarrod Washburn on the mound that day. One of the worst days of my life. We battled back to beat Marrietta and Cortland on back to back days, but ran out of juice against eventual national champion Methodist.

Big Poppa I was reading this earlier and saw the Methodist and national champion words together.  I spilled my drink.  Methodist was runner up that year, I believe La Verne won it all.  Just didn't want Methodist to get that credit.  You know how rivalries are.   ;)
16 USA South/ Dixie Conference titles, 12 Regional titles, 2  World Series titles

BigPoppa

Quote from: NCWC on February 13, 2007, 07:39:41 PM
Quote from: BigPoppa on February 04, 2007, 11:13:24 AM

Big Poppa I was reading this earlier and saw the Methodist and national champion words together.  I spilled my drink.  Methodist was runner up that year, I believe La Verne won it all.  Just didn't want Methodist to get that credit.  You know how rivalries are.   ;)

You are right... thanks for the correction.

NCWC

16 USA South/ Dixie Conference titles, 12 Regional titles, 2  World Series titles

badgerwarhawk

Well it's finally arriving.  Platteville officially kicks of the WIAC nonconference schedule with games against Rockford and Westminster (MO) in Fulton, Mo.

WARHAWKS take the field 3/2 with a double hitter against Edgewood in the Metrodome.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Just Bill

Arrgh!  Platteville gets rained out in Missouri before they even get there:  http://www.uwplatt.edu/athletics/baseball/2007/2-22games.html

Just another spring baseball season in Wisconsin.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Harrier

Quote from: OshDude on February 24, 2007, 01:13:33 AM

AUTOS
(Men)
Bobby Riley (La Crosse) shot - 55-11 (2nd in D3 this season)
La Crosse DMR - 10:00.56 (best in D3 this season)

(Women)
*Katie Fondow (La Crosse) LJ - 19-0 (best in D3 this season)
*Jena Durnin (La Crosse) LJ - 18-10 1/2 (2nd in D3 this season)

PROVOS
(Men)
*Dan Herms (Whitewater) LJ - 23-8 3/4 (best in D3 this season, missed auto by 1/4)
*Clint Christy (River Falls) LJ - 22-10 1/2
Mark Cufaude (Stevens Point) PV - 15-3 3/4
Kyle Steiner (Stevens Point) HJ - 6-9
Oshkosh DMR - 10:04.43
Adam Baumann (Stevens Point) 55m hurdles - 7.74
Jamar Jackson (La Crosse) 55m hurdles - 7.74
Paul Moran (La Crosse) 5,000 - 14:49.28
David Kolbe (La Crosse) 400 - 49.48
A.J. Hollanquest (Oshkosh) 55 - 6.45

(Women)
Jessica Scott (Platteville) 800 - 2:16.65
Nikki Cahen (La Crosse) 5,000 - 17:38.25
Jenny Graef (Oshkosh) 5,000 - 17:40.76
Beth Lutz (Eau Claire) 5,000 - 17:44.11
Lyndsey Thoma (Oshkosh) HJ - 5-5 3/4
*THE OTHER JUMPERS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED EXCEPT KOPESKY

* Maybe...

Does the WICA dominate any other D3 sport like they do track & field?

janesvilleflash

If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

janesvilleflash

here's my picks

Pitcher:Kaat, Jim
Catcher:Rodriguez, Ivan
First Base:Snow, J.T.
Second Base:Richardson, Bobby
Third Base:Rolen, Scott
Shortstop:Smith, Ozzie
Outfield:Clemente, Roberto
Outfield:Kaline, Al
Outfield:Mays, Willie

cubs

Whitewater opens their season with a DH split against Edgewood College at the Metrodome.  They won the opener 4-2, and dropped the nightcap 2-0.

Here are the boxscores:
http://www.uww.edu/athletics/mbaseball/statistics/ecbb3021.htm (Game 1)
http://www.uww.edu/athletics/mbaseball/statistics/ecbb3022.htm (Game 2)
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion