BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubs

Quote from: cubs on March 30, 2008, 10:50:44 PM
Quote from: szlongball on March 30, 2008, 10:31:17 PM
If Point plays on a softball diamond, what does that say about LAX field?
I will say this, if Point/LAX get their DH in on Wednesday, there will be more than the 3 HR's that were hit on Saturday in two games at La Crosse.
Well, Point managed to hit six HR's today against the Eagles....  They had three in each game of a DH sweep, a 13-1 seven inning rout in Game #1 and a 9-7 victory in Game #2. 

For the record, LAX also hit a pair of HR's on the day, both in Game #2.

Looks like the slowpitch softball atmosphere is alive and well at Point...... ::)
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

cubs

WIAC Standings (Through 4/2)
Oshkosh 3-1
Platteville 3-1
Stevens Point 3-1
Whitewater 0-0
La Crosse 1-3
Stout 1-3
Superior 1-3
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Just Bill

Quote from: cubs on April 02, 2008, 09:33:48 PM
Quote from: cubs on March 30, 2008, 10:50:44 PM
Quote from: szlongball on March 30, 2008, 10:31:17 PM
If Point plays on a softball diamond, what does that say about LAX field?
I will say this, if Point/LAX get their DH in on Wednesday, there will be more than the 3 HR's that were hit on Saturday in two games at La Crosse.
Well, Point managed to hit six HR's today against the Eagles....  They had three in each game of a DH sweep, a 13-1 seven inning rout in Game #1 and a 9-7 victory in Game #2. 

For the record, LAX also hit a pair of HR's on the day, both in Game #2.

Looks like the slowpitch softball atmosphere is alive and well at Point...... ::)

Including the not-so-covert adult beverage consumption taking place down the right field line, I assume.  Ah, spring.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

badgerwarhawk

LaCrosse entered the games last in the conference with a team ERA of 7.00.  Looks like it could be getting worse.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

OshDude

After Oshkosh takes a 5-1 lead in the top of the 5th to chase Whitewater ace Adam Dominick, WW comes back to hit back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back HR's off Ryan Demmin to take a 6-5 lead in the bottom of the 5th.

Don't know if 5 consecutive HR's is a record, but the wind is blowing out and there are some fireworks in Whitewater. UWO has one solo dinger, WW now has six solo shots.

janesvilleflash

If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Tough news out of UW-Stout today. Three students die in an off-campus house fire.

Stout Website

Certainly tough to deal with. Prayers and toughts are with the UW-Stout community!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

OshDude

Whitewater beats Oshkosh, 9-7, in a wild Game 1. WW tacks on two more HRs in the ninth to complete the comeback.

UWO gets a SF from frosh pinch hitter Blake Berger in the 9th to tie and a go-ahead two-out, RBI double from frosh CF Nolan Fadness.

WW comes back with a solo HR (Zalnis) off closer Jeremy Rubens to tie in the 9th. Then Matt Schliewe hit a pinch-hit walkoff 2-run HR to center. Rubens failed to get an out.

Tough loss for UWO. All of WW's runs come from 8 HRs. Teams combine for 31 hits and 23 left on base.

UWO SP Ryan Demmin: 8 IP, 13 H, 13 K, BB, 6 HR, about 170 pitches.
WW RP Mike Jacobson pitches 1/3 IP and gets the win.

WW HR: Stine 2, Zalnis 2, Kuhlman, Donovan, Corcoran, Schliewe.
UWO HR: Kannenberg.

EDIT: WW won Game 2, 8-3. UWO held to two hits. WW hits two more bombs for an even 10 HRs on the day. Billy Johnson and Kevin Zalnis (3 HRs on the day) connected in Game 2. UWO SP Travis Helland didn't get an out in the 2nd inning before being charged with 4 ER, and WW led 5-0 after two.

Only two WW regulars did not go deep in either game. UWO's Nolan Fadness hit an HR in Game 2.
WW SP Aaron Dott: 7 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 8 BB, 5 K, 3 WP (I think that's called effectively wild).
WW RP Gregg Reik: 2 IP, 0 H, 4 K.

Hey, pollsters. Whitewater is a Top 25 team.

janesvilleflash

If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

badgerwarhawk

Trailing 5-1 in game one WHITEWATER hit back to back to back to back to back home runs in the bottom of the fifth.  That's five consecutive home runs on what probably wasn't more than a total of a dozen pitches.  It was wild.  I've never seen anything quite like it.   Seven solo home runs, one two runner and a 9-7 win. 

Oops, I see OshDude already mentioned it.  My bad.   
"Just think twice is my only advice."

OshDude

Quote from: janesvilleflash on April 05, 2008, 08:57:40 PM
We'll see about that top 25 after tomorrow.
I think the 'Hawks are Top 25 material no matter what happens tomorrow. I may be in the minority there, but I hope not.

They have a lot going for them: a recent power program with a national title a few years back, nice wins, silly production against one of MW region's top young pitchers and a good overall record. We'll see. You definitely could be correct with the wait-and-see approach, but I'm sold.

BoBo

Quote from: OshDude on April 05, 2008, 02:42:50 PM
Don't know if 5 consecutive HR's is a record, ...

The back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back homers were a UW-W school record for consecutive home runs in an inning. The UW-W school record for most home runs in an inning was six against Carrol College on April 15, 1997. The UW-W school record for home runs in a game was 10 against UW-Stevens Point on April 28, 1995.

I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

Barber Greene

The consecutive home runs were amazing...maybe next time the pitcher gets pulled after, say, three consecutive home runs?

Nice crowd today

And nice t-shirts...too bad there were none in my size (2XL)...I did buy one for a friend

OshDude

Quote from: BoBo on April 05, 2008, 09:22:28 PM
Quote from: OshDude on April 05, 2008, 02:42:50 PM
Don't know if 5 consecutive HR's is a record, ...

The back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back homers were a UW-W school record for consecutive home runs in an inning. The UW-W school record for most home runs in an inning was six against Carrol College on April 15, 1997. The UW-W school record for home runs in a game was 10 against UW-Stevens Point on April 28, 1995.
Looked at the record book. There's no entry in the book for consecutive HRs in D3. The record for HRs in an inning in D3 is six, which you mentioned Whitewater has done before and has been done several times.

The D1 record for consecutive HRs is five, set by Eastern Illinois against Moreland St. in 1998 and by Centenary against Stephen F. Austin in 1992. The D2 record for consecutive HRs is also five, set by Alabama-Huntsville against West Alabama in 1998.

I'm guessing five straight HRs a D3 record, but there's no category for consecutive HRs in the NCAA record book for whatever reason.

I'd put a lot of money in writing that UWO SP Ryan Demmin, who was named the WIAC Pitcher of the Week after two CG wins last week, set an all-divisions record by giving up 5 consecutive HRs.

Slinger45

Stout and Superior split a DH today

UWS won the first game 4-2.

Bouvine, W (3-2) 7 ip 4 h 2 er 3 k 0 bb
Hostrawser, SV 2 ip 0 h 3 k 0 bb

Hostrawser and Berenguer with HR for UWS in the first game, Billy Tafs had 3 hits.

Tim Schneider had a HR for Stout.

Stout won the second game 5-3.

Schneider had another HR as did Sean Cummings for UWS.

Mitch Loegering, Scott Hoium and Nick Hedley all had multi-hit games in the second game.