FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma17

Quote from: BoBo on February 28, 2012, 10:31:12 PM
Quote from: badgerwarhawk on February 28, 2012, 03:28:48 PM
Pretty close....Jones was listed at 6'2", 196.

Jones was probably lighter as a freshman. A little time in the weight room should get the rifle approaching 200 lbs., too.

In short order The Rifle may take on a similar look as a certain Mr Drew Brees.
Nothing wrong w havin high hopes.  ;D

badgerwarhawk

I posted this on the basketball board but I'll put it here for those of you who may not frequent the hoops forum.  If you're interested in watching any of the regional games played in WHITEWATER this Friday and Saturday here is a link you can follow.

http://www.uwwsports.com/sports/2012/2/27/MBBALL_0227125609.aspx
"Just think twice is my only advice."

02 Warhawk

Tampa Bay Buccaneers hire former Stevens Point coach and player, Bob Bostad, as its new Offenisive Line Coach.

QuoteBostad began his career at his alma mater, UW-Stevens Point, coaching the offensive line from 1990-91. Bostad graduated from UW-Stevens Point in 1989, where he was a four-year starter as a linebacker for the Pointers and earned all-conference mention each year. UW-Stevens Point won 33 games during his career and tied Pacific Lutheran for the NAIA Division II national title in 1987.

badgerwarhawk

Not to be confused with the Bob Bostad who was offensive line coach at the UW until moving on to Pittsburg with Paul Chryst recently. 

02 Warhawk

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on March 06, 2012, 05:03:52 PM
Not to be confused with the Bob Bostad who was offensive line coach at the UW until moving on to Pittsburg with Paul Chryst recently.

According that article, it's the same Bob Bostad.

badgerwarhawk

You're right it is the same Bob Bostad.  I guess he didn't last very long in Pittsburg.

BoBo

Bostad was rumored to be going to the Bears as the O-line coach or assistant around the same time he followed Chryst to Pitt.  It's no surprise he's in the NFL so soon as he has a very good rep among NFL personnel folks and coaches, or so I hear from reading the various blogs and columns.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

1_For_27

Any idea what happened up in Madison for the WIAC guys who participated in the Pro Day yesterday??

BoBo

Quote from: 1_For_27 on March 08, 2012, 04:16:50 PM
Any idea what happened up in Madison for the WIAC guys who participated in the Pro Day yesterday??

The eerie silence must indicate that it is a closely guarded secret ... or nobody knows, or that no ones been around to respond or something like that!!  ;)

Do you know of any WIAC guys who participated?
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

emma17

Quote from: BoBo on March 11, 2012, 10:06:01 AM
Quote from: 1_For_27 on March 08, 2012, 04:16:50 PM

The eerie silence must indicate that it is a closely guarded secret ... or nobody knows, or that no ones been around to respond or something like that!!  ;)

Do you know of any WIAC guys who participated?

My understanding is that Blanchard, Coppage and Rosholt participated.  I've searched for news on how they did but can't find anything. 

1_For_27

The only thing I was able to find was a small blurb about two guys from Beloit..

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/08/wilson-dazzles-konz-sits-at-wisconsin-pro-day/

Also heard that former UWW LB Lane Olsen is playing in the Pizza League in Italy.  Good for him!!!

Just Bill

UWSP schedule is out. Tough non-conference schedule with St. Francis (highly ranked NAIA team), Dubuque (defending IIAC champ) and UW-Whitewater (they're OK).

http://athletics.uwsp.edu/schedule.aspx?path=football&schedule=157
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

voice

It is no secret that the UW-Whitewater football team has cast a rather large shadow over the UWW athletic department in the wake of four national titles and seven straight trips to the Stagg Bowl.  As a Warhawk fan you have to feel really good for men's basketball coach Pat Miller for getting a "huge monkey" off his back with this weekend's trip to Salem.

UWW football coach Lance Leipold addressed the basketball team at a recent practice he talked to them about feeling good about themselves and to make it a "business trip" to the Final Four, play well, and bring home the D III championship trophy.

To read a story on Leipold addressing the U-Dub-Dub men's basketball team click onto a story posted today on the Warhawks Road to the Final Four Blog.

http://warhawksroadtofinalfour.blogspot.com/

emma17

Quote from: voice on March 13, 2012, 09:06:05 PM
It is no secret that the UW-Whitewater football team has cast a rather large shadow over the UWW athletic department in the wake of four national titles and seven straight trips to the Stagg Bowl.  As a Warhawk fan you have to feel really good for men's basketball coach Pat Miller for getting a "huge monkey" off his back with this weekend's trip to Salem.

UWW football coach Lance Leipold addressed the basketball team at a recent practice he talked to them about feeling good about themselves and to make it a "business trip" to the Final Four, play well, and bring home the D III championship trophy.

To read a story on Leipold addressing the U-Dub-Dub men's basketball team click onto a story posted today on the Warhawks Road to the Final Four Blog.

http://warhawksroadtofinalfour.blogspot.com/

And another 2 successful UWW programs-congratulations to the mens's and women's wheelchair basketball teams- both won National titles this week.

badgerwarhawk

I think the women's team is in their first year (maybe their second) so it hasn't taken them long to make the national scene.  The men's team rocks.  I've lost count of how many national championships they've won.  Next time I'm in Williams Center I'll have to count them on the banner. 

Congrats to both.