FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUMMIT!!!!!

With Thanksgiving behind us, it is time to focus on the next task: beating the Johnnie-bread stuffing out of those garish red turkeys.  May the Johnnies play be reminiscent of the flight of the turkeys in WKRP In Cincinnati

Using a time-honored Collegeville method, here are a few ridiculously lame , old jokes, rehashed to make them "situational appropriate":

A Johnnie's wife only has sex with him for a purpose. Last night she used me to time an egg.     

It's tough for a Johnnie to stay married. His wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won't drink from his glass! 

Last night my Johnnie neighbor's wife met him at the front door. She was wearing a sexy negligee. The only trouble was, she was coming home.

The other day the Johnnie neighbor came home and ran into a guy was jogging, naked. He asked the jogger 'Why?'and was told 'Because you came home early.'
Roll Toms, 36-14. Safe journeys to all!
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

HSCTiger74

Quote from: miacmaniac on November 28, 2015, 11:49:59 AM
With Thanksgiving behind us, it is time to focus on the next task: beating the Johnnie-bread stuffing out of those garish red turkeys.  May the Johnnies play be reminiscent of the flight of the turkeys in WKRP In Cincinnati

Using a time-honored Collegeville method, here are a few ridiculously lame, old jokes Rodney Dangerfield classics, rehashed to make them "situational appropriate":

A Johnnie's wife only has sex with him for a purpose. Last night she used me to time an egg.     

It's tough for a Johnnie to stay married. His wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won't drink from his glass! 

Last night my Johnnie neighbor's wife met him at the front door. She was wearing a sexy negligee. The only trouble was, she was coming home.

The other day the Johnnie neighbor came home and ran into a guy was jogging, naked. He asked the jogger 'Why?' and was told 'Because you came home early.'
Roll Toms, 36-14. Safe journeys to all!

Fixed that for you.   :)
TANSTAAFL

faunch

tom$ first Dick move of the day.  Veranda is listed as reserved until kickoff.

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

retagent

Nice WKRP/Les Nessman reference maniac.

I would like to see the Johnnies come out and throw the ball early. They will probably be expecting a big dose of Sura. Shake it up a little, and Sura may be more effective if they don't know what to expect. Throw downfield to spread them out.

bennie

Thank you to the Johnnie Football Team for a fun season!! Great Job!!

And as usual, thank you to the Johnnie announce team!! Mark, Bryan, Carbo and Charlie!! You guys have kept me entertained for years and hopefully, for many more years to come!!!

PS. VOJ, I love Johnnie Homers! ;D
High sticking, tripping, slashing, spearing, charging, hooking, fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, interference, roughing... everything else is just figure skating.  ~Author Unknown

sju56321

Lots of work to do in the off season for SJU-nice making playoffs, but have to get past the second round.
Sura was incredible and will be missed.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

AO

Quote from: sju56321 on November 28, 2015, 03:46:59 PM
Lots of work to do in the off season for SJU-nice making playoffs, but have to get past the second round.
Sura was incredible and will be missed.
I think they would have been the 4 seed in the 16 team Western side of the bracket if they ran it like March Madness.  Would have had two home games and would face the Tommies in the Quarterfinals.  Sometimes the bracket just doesn't fall your way, but I think if you're the Johnnies you're thinking about national championships, not just advancing an extra round or two. 

ChicagoTommie

Whoop roll Tommie's!!!!! Great win!!!! I hate to say it but Johnnies look bad...you need a quarter back ,running back, defensive line...ect.

TOMMIES RULE😄😄😄😄
"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that."

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something." - Dick Butkus

OzJohnnie

Quote from: bennie on November 28, 2015, 03:41:28 PM
Thank you to the Johnnie Football Team for a fun season!! Great Job!!

And as usual, thank you to the Johnnie announce team!! Mark, Bryan, Carbo and Charlie!! You guys have kept me entertained for years and hopefully, for many more years to come!!!

PS. VOJ, I love Johnnie Homers! ;D

Well said, Bennie. The same from me.
[  

faunch

Tommie$ kicked our ass today. 

Likely the only stat line SJU won today:
8 penalties for 87 yards for U$T
3 penalties for 18 yards for SJU

Maybe SJU plays like a bunch of p-ussies and U$T just plays harder and tougher. 
However at least three or four of U$T's were either personal foul or unsportsmanlike.  Also I talked to some people that said Martin was knocked out on a late hit...however that was just what was shared with me as I walked to my car.  Even Ruesse noted on Twitter that the SJU sideline was upset that a late hit was not called.     
In addition there were a couple of no calls that could have gone against the Tommie$.
Do that in the semi's or Stagg and it will be difficult to win.   80-100 yards is penalties a game (or 20-25 a quarter)is too much for any team no matter how good you are. 
Today Mount Union had 1 penalty for 15 yards.  Maybe the refs just tucked their flags in their pockets or maybe they don't commit a bunch of foolish fouls.

DuffMan

Congrats, U$T.  The Johnnies needed a great game today and a little help from U$T.  Neither happened.  I'm proud of this Johnnie class!

U$T is just too tough and quick defensively. 

CT, you're what everyone loves to hate about U$T.  Don't change.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

USTBench

Tip of the cap to the Johnnies especially their seniors. Really righted the ship. Fasching has them on the right path and MIAC football is better when SJU is a playoff team. The rivalry is where it should be now, some back and forth and each year could produce a new MIAC champ. Really enjoyed watching Sura and Bungum, especially when they're playing someone else. 
Augsburg University: 2021 MIAC Spring Football Champions

faunch

Quote from: USTBench on November 28, 2015, 05:36:20 PM
Tip of the cap to the Johnnies especially their seniors. Really righted the ship. Fasching has them on the right path and MIAC football is better when SJU is a playoff team. The rivalry is where it should be now, some back and forth and each year could produce a new MIAC champ. Really enjoyed watching Sura and Bungum, especially when they're playing someone else.

Thanks for the those kind words about SJU...Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya.

sfury

Tommies way too good this year. Congrats to them; thought it was going to be SJU's season at the start of 2015 but Tommies left No Doubt (copyright) they were superior MIAC power this season.

Congrats to Johnnies on fantastic year. And those seniors like Sura, Bungum, Martin and the rest...who showed Gagliardi was still able to pull in some pretty good players.  ;)

SagatagSam

Hats off to the Toms. They have got one hell of a team.

Big thanks to the SJU seniors for all of their hard work and leadership over the past four years. There are some big shoes to fill, but as VOJ said in the post game, the future is bright.
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.