BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mucbaseball08

Just wanted to update on the Asst. Coach search.  No word from Coach Hesse yet, my friend clarified that he said his last interview was Tuesday and he will decide by the end of the week.  My friend was hopeful he would have heard yesterday.  I guess he is supposed to be getting a call either way the decision goes so I will get a name when the other coach is hired.

I browsed and saw a question about practices at Mount.  The 5 weeks before the season we did 6 days a week as NCAA allows 18 hours a week to practice.  Every day but Tuesday usually goes 6-9 or 8-11.  Tuesday mornings went 5-7:30-7:45.  If you have a 7:45 class you get excused at 7. 

Bump, I wish your son good luck.  Mount is a great school that seems to keep growing.  I can't wait to see the new rec center and welcome center.  It keeps growing now with graduate programs and even engineering programs next fall, try to meet Dr. Geise the president of the school.  He is very personable and a great representative of my alma mater.

Bump

The Physician Asst. program at MUC looks interesting. Do you know anyone that applied and was accepted into the program? The engineering  programs are a great addition to the MU curriculum. I can't count the number of times we were on visits last winter to D3 schools and potential students asked about engineering and were told either it wasn't offered or they had a 3 -2 program with another school. Not a very good selling point to a potential athlete. 

I was on campus in the middle of July and the rec center looked to have a ways to go but the welcome center appeared to be pretty close to completion. Both are going to be very nice additions to the college when completed.
Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies!! - Lewis Grizzard

You don't know what pressure is until you've played for $5 a hole with only $2 in your pocket.  – Lee Trevino

mucbaseball08

In the alumni magazine I did recognize one person I knew in the picture of the PA class.  I remember being in some gen ed classes with him and he majored in chemistry I believe.  Here are the requirements for that...

http://www2.muc.edu/Academics/academic_programs/physician_assistant_studies/admission_requirements.aspx

I was shocked to hear the rec center wasn't completed, when my friend went to interview with Coach Hesse.  He said it isn't anywhere close.  I could have swore they targeted next month as the completion date.

Bump

I doubt that the Rec center will be completed by the start of fall semester. I think a more realistic date would be around Xmas break.
Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies!! - Lewis Grizzard

You don't know what pressure is until you've played for $5 a hole with only $2 in your pocket.  – Lee Trevino

Dr. Acula

I got a tour of the rec center when I was on campus a few weeks ago.  The McPherson portion was coming along nicely as it looked like they were done w/ the rough stuff and just about ready for finishing work.  Now the Timken portion from the pool to the fieldhouse was another story.  I couldn't even go down there because it was still blocked off.  Not sure how that's going to get done by school, but I was told that was still the goal.  Color me skeptical though as I think Bump's prediction may be more realistic.

Dr. Acula

Dan Remenowsky (Ott) continues his domination of A ball in Kannapolis.  According to their site, Dan is 5-3 w/ a 2.14 ERA and 16 saves.  He's struck out 73 in only 42 innings and has a sub 1 WHIP at 0.86.  And in his last 5 saves he's worked a perfect 9th in 4 of them.  Calling those numbers impressive is obviously an understatement.  Great to see.

JK

Quote from: Dr. Acula on July 31, 2009, 01:45:53 AM
Dan Remenowsky (Ott) continues his domination of A ball in Kannapolis.  According to their site, Dan is 5-3 w/ a 2.14 ERA and 16 saves.  He's struck out 73 in only 42 innings and has a sub 1 WHIP at 0.86.  And in his last 5 saves he's worked a perfect 9th in 4 of them.  Calling those numbers impressive is obviously an understatement.  Great to see.

Kannapolis is in the South Atlantic League, along with the Lexington (KY) Legends and the Lake County (OH) Captains.  Both not too far of a drive for anyone looking to see Remenowsky live.  However, act quickly if you want to go to Eastlake to watch him against the Captains.  They are leaving the SAL to join the MWL next season.

I know Lexington has a really nice yard... Applebee's park.  Tickets are affordable like most minor league games.

JK

After actually looking at the schedule, Lexington only has one more 4-game series against Kannapolis, but it is in NC.

Lake County begins a 4-game set with the Intimidators TONIGHT at Power Park in Eastlake with first pitch at 7pm.

Tinman

Dan Armstrong got one of the Asst. Coachs job at Mount

inthecrease

Quote from: Bump on July 30, 2009, 05:20:26 PM
The Physician Asst. program at MUC looks interesting. Do you know anyone that applied and was accepted into the program?

I got a friend in the first class of the physicain asst program starting this summer. He likes it alot. Says that he spends a lot of time doing clinical up in cleveland along with the actual classroom work in alliance. Also said it is a lot of work but worth coming back for after being graduated for a year.

I wouldnt be surprised to see MUC add a masters degree for education too. The program is very good and very popular. It just seems like the next logical step in their growth.

JK

Now that the MLB non-waiver deadline has passed, I have a question:

WHAT THE HELL ARE THE INDIANS DOING???

This team went from on the brink of the world series a couple of seasons ago to, basically, Grady Sizemore and a bunch of triple-A players.

WTF??????????????????????  >:(

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Tinman on July 31, 2009, 04:55:28 PM
Dan Armstrong got one of the Asst. Coachs job at Mount

Dan Armstong?  Or Ryan Armstrong?  08 said earlier that Ryan was going to be an asst.  Just trying to figure out if you were talking about him. 

Dr. Acula

Quote from: JK on August 01, 2009, 07:13:40 PM
Now that the MLB non-waiver deadline has passed, I have a question:

WHAT THE HELL ARE THE INDIANS DOING???

This team went from on the brink of the world series a couple of seasons ago to, basically, Grady Sizemore and a bunch of triple-A players.

WTF??????????????????????  >:(

You might be overly generous calling those guys AAA!!  At least in the Vic deal they got a big league pitcher in Masterson.  The Lee deal is baffling.  I'm no scout, but when Keith Law says you got 50-60% of what the Jays were asking for and you should have got 90% in his mind...well, I'm not a huge fan of that.  He said they didn't get a single "difference maker" from the Phils instead opting for quantity over quality.   

Tinman

I have a son in the program but that doesn't preclude him from the wrong name, It could be Ryan, but I thought he said Dan Armstrong.  The amount of changes and rumors alone muddy up the waters,

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Tinman on August 03, 2009, 12:02:55 PM
I have a son in the program but that doesn't preclude him from the wrong name, It could be Ryan, but I thought he said Dan Armstrong.  The amount of changes and rumors alone muddy up the waters,

No doubt, Tinman. 

In my mind it seems pretty safe to say that Ryan Armstrong is one of the assistants.  He's an alum and still lives in the area.  And he still plays in the Canton Class A league in the summers, so he still is involved w/ baseball.  It would make sense.  But for all any of us know there was also a Dan Armstrong in the mix for the other spot as well.  Hopefully Hesse makes a decision soon.