FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUPepBand

From Pep's perspective, AU sophomore RB Nas Smith (Auburn) has shown marked improvement over last year. Pep doesn't expect the rushing yards to come easy against Brockport. But in 2018, Smith has shown a little more power and little more finesse in his running the ball with each game. He somehow makes people miss in a crowd, then when someone DOES get ahold of him, he keeps the legs churning and the pile keeps moving forward.

Smith is not a flashy runner and he doesn't draw a lot of attention to himself but he just keeps punching the time clock and getting the job done when he's on the field. It will be fun to see what he can do against the nation's best front seven.

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

bports

This game definitely has me nervous as Alfred is a good team playing at home. Brockport will travel very well and with students on break I don't see home field being the advantage it could be. I just don't see Alfred scoring enough points to win the game 31 -17 Bport.

AUPepBand

Quote from: bports on October 10, 2018, 07:42:39 PM
This game definitely has me nervous as Alfred is a good team playing at home. Brockport will travel very well and with students on break I don't see home field being the advantage it could be. I just don't see Alfred scoring enough points to win the game 31 -17 Bport.

Yes, Mid-Semester Break begins at 4:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12 so the stands will likely be sparse. There will certainly be less in attendance Saterday than were at Eunice Kennedy Shriver Stadium for Brockport's inaugural night game, against Alfred, back in 2013. Brockport totally dominated before a crowd of arguably 10,000 with the Golden Eagles soaring to a 28-0 halftime lead. Then Tyler Johnson started the second half and AU's defense rose to the occasion and AU prevailed, 34-28 in OT and Alfred fans stuck around for the fireworks display after all the Brockport fans had gone home.

saxontad

You are right.  Alfred's lead probably won't be 28 by halftime!!

On Saxon Warriors!!!

bports

Stupid post golden eagle. Way to much respect for Alfred then that!!

saxontad

Thank you bports!!  I just thought I would try to joke around with him.  I think that both teams had better get there chin straps tight on Saterday!!

On Saxon Warriors!!

Jonny Utah

Quote from: golden_eagle_2012 on October 10, 2018, 11:53:24 PM
The game Saturday in Alfred will not be within 28 points at halftime

Quote from: AUPepBand on October 10, 2018, 09:04:43 PM

Yes, Mid-Semester Break begins at 4:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12 so the stands will likely be sparse. There will certainly be less in attendance Saterday than were at Eunice Kennedy Shriver Stadium for Brockport's inaugural night game, against Alfred, back in 2013. Brockport totally dominated before a crowd of arguably 10,000 with the Golden Eagles soaring to a 28-0 halftime lead. Then Tyler Johnson started the second half and AU's defense rose to the occasion and AU prevailed, 34-28 in OT and Alfred fans stuck around for the fireworks display after all the Brockport fans had gone home.

If Brockport had that fullback from Cuba, NY from a few years ago still on the roster it would probably be 42-0 at the half.

D3viewer

E8 schedule week  7

12PM  Utica (3-2,0-1) @ Morr (2-3 ,0-2)         2 CNY teams look to get their first conf win.  Expect it to be Utica. Their offense has been surprisingly good.

12PM Buff St (1-4, 1-1)  @ Cortland (4-1, 2-1)  Cortland looks to continue it's winning ways with it's  typical formula of pass happy offense and suspect defense. McNeil was a good defensive coach at one time.

1PM Hartwick (2-3, 0-2) @ SJF (0-4, 0-2)   2 more winless in conf teams . I'll go out on a limb like a cardinal and say Fisher wins the battle of the birds. Hartwick's defense is unsurprisingly the conf worst.
                                                              Fisher has to find some ounce of pride and win one for whomever their Gipper is.

1PM Brockport (5-0, 2-0) @ Alfred (4-1, 3-0)  2 remaining conf undefeateds clash. Mid season Empire 8 Championship. Alfred is good, Brockport is better.  Almost always a good game. Can Alfred find some
                                                                   balance on offense ?   Can AU's #2 defense slow down Brockport's #1 offense ? A lot to enjoy here. Expect the Eagles to fly away from Saxon fields victorious, but bloody

AUPepBand

Quote from: D3viewer on October 11, 2018, 06:12:31 PM
E8 schedule week  7

12PM  Utica (3-2,0-1) @ Morr (2-3 ,0-2)         2 CNY teams look to get their first conf win.  Expect it to be Utica. Their offense has been surprisingly good.  [Editor's Note: E8 website was incorrect in that it did not credit Utica with its win over Fisher in the E8 standings. Utica is 1-1 in conference play with loss to Cortland and win over Fisher]

12PM Buff St (1-4, 1-1)  @ Cortland (4-1, 2-1)  Cortland looks to continue it's winning ways with it's  typical formula of pass happy offense and suspect defense. McNeil was a good defensive coach at one time.

1PM Hartwick (2-3, 0-2) @ SJF (0-4, 0-2)   2 more winless in conf teams . I'll go out on a limb like a cardinal and say Fisher wins the battle of the birds. Hartwick's defense is unsurprisingly the conf worst.
                                                              Fisher has to find some ounce of pride and win one for whomever their Gipper is.

1PM Brockport (5-0, 2-0) @ Alfred (4-1, 3-0)  2 remaining conf undefeateds clash. Mid season Empire 8 Championship. Alfred is good, Brockport is better.  Almost always a good game. Can Alfred find some
                                                                   balance on offense ?   Can AU's #2 defense slow down Brockport's #1 offense ? A lot to enjoy here. Expect the Eagles to fly away from Saxon fields victorious, but bloody

A little copyediting from Pep. Not your fault, D3, and appreciate your weekly preview! +K

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on October 10, 2018, 09:04:43 PM

Pep,
    Good luck to the Saxon Warriors tomorrow. Sounds like you will need the Pep Band to play extra loud due to the student break. While Brockport has great talent this year, be not afraid....look at how close Ithaca played them....turnovers will be the key....none for the Saxons and lots for the Golden Eagles.....and if that doesn't work blast those kazoos and distract them

"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

D3viewer

Quote from: AUPepBand on October 12, 2018, 12:23:51 AM
Quote from: D3viewer on October 11, 2018, 06:12:31 PM
E8 schedule week  7

12PM  Utica (3-2,0-1) @ Morr (2-3 ,0-2)         2 CNY teams look to get their first conf win.  Expect it to be Utica. Their offense has been surprisingly good.  [Editor's Note: E8 website was incorrect in that it did not credit Utica with its win over Fisher in the E8 standings. Utica is 1-1 in conference play with loss to Cortland and win over Fisher]

A little copyediting from Pep. Not your fault, D3, and appreciate your weekly preview! +K

Thanks for looking out Pep, +k back at ya. Maybe you should take over their site. Or I should just look at the standings right here at D3football.com. Pat I'm sure had it right. And the E8 site it is now correct. They must have read your correction.

Upstate

Fisher goes into this week without their all conference Center, their best WR and is starting their third string QB...

Not ideal, even if they had a strong running game and good defense. We all know they don't and they're facing Team Boltus. Yes they suck too but they're averaging a lot more than 10 points a game like Fisher is...
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

Ice Bear

Quote from: Upstate on October 12, 2018, 12:47:31 PM
Fisher goes into this week without their all conference Center, their best WR and is starting their third string QB...

Not ideal, even if they had a strong running game and good defense. We all know they don't and they're facing Team Boltus. Yes they suck too but they're averaging a lot more than 10 points a game like Fisher is...

Dutch Boy is really pulling for your Cardinals this weekend Upstate.
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Upstate

Quote from: Dutch Boy on October 12, 2018, 12:52:04 PM
Quote from: Upstate on October 12, 2018, 12:47:31 PM

Dutch Boy is really pulling for your Cardinals this weekend Upstate.

I don't want them to lose, however nothing has changed since last years debacle. If they're just going to trot out the same scheme and philosophy after last year they'll likely do it again next year...

There is believing in yourself and your system and then there's just burying your head in the sand and doing the same damn thing over and over despite the negative results...

Fisher falls into the latter. What they're doing on offense and defense is not working, it didn't work last year, it's not working this year and it won't work next year. Gotta be some legitimate change on East Ave after the season is over...
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

Bengalsrule

Quote from: Bartman on October 07, 2018, 10:07:49 AM
Pep,
     So the Golden Eagles swoop in to take on the Saxon Warriors next week. Looks like the Bengals were a good tune up for the birds.

Good tune up?   Ya think?  Congrats to your Saxons.  I'm glad I didn't pass on my Vegas vacation to stay and watch that "historic " 1st night game !