MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefan

:o :o :o Spalding does it again... almost... 10 point lead, 4 minutes... turnovers, missed shots, Prin comes back, Prin down 2... 8 seconds left, Prin steals the ball, several passes, 3 pointer from top of the key for the win, Misses...

Spalding win 80-78
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

hopefan

Webster leads Westmin the whole way, wins relatively easily vs an expected close game

Mac was even with 5 minutes left vs Blackburn, then a horrible defensive lapse, a turnover, and BC up by 5, Never gave up the lead after that...horrible video on game.. fuzzy the whole time, never zoomed in on scoreboard... thank goodness a young lady gave us the score during timeouts (sometimes), or the viewer had no clue.. and time left, forget about it... Come on Blackburn, you can do better....

of course that was better than Fontbonne... no video at all... live stats freeze with 3:31 left and Eureka up 6.... games has been over 15 minutes and no idea who won....

Very frustrated.....  Both Webster and Spalding have clear adequate videos

hopefan

Wow   final finally up from Fontbonne.... 114-110  Eureka in OT... what a shame the video was dead and we couldn't watch on the internet

Still... What a game it must have been.... and if Fontbonne had won.....    crazy......  gotta love the SLIAC

OK... jokes on me....I either have dyslexia, or the score was posted wrong at first... BUT Fontbonne WON in OT 114-110....and so... CRAZY

I wish someone could tell us about the end of regulation... per the play by play, 7 points scored in last 3 seconds.. Jones makes a 3 pointer at the buzzer for Fontbonne to tie... from where...
There has to be one Fontbonne Fan out there who was at the game who views this site... POST!!!   

y_jack_lok

Quote from: hopefan on January 11, 2020, 05:51:05 PM
Webster leads Westmin the whole way, wins relatively easily vs an expected close game

I guess that's a fair statement, although sitting in the stands it didn't feel that way. Webster had a 13 point lead late in the first half that became seven at halftime. They built an 18 point lead in the second half that got whittled to seven again with just under five minutes left. Fortunately they built the lead back to double digits and held on. The three guys for Westminster who scored in diuble figures ars the ones I remember from November. Not enough of their three-pointers fell to keep the game within reach. The Webster roster had three names on it that weren't listed earlier in the season. None of them saw action.

WUPHF

How about Anthony Jones going for 42 including 10 points in overtime.  Previous career high was 23.  After this game, averaging 15 points per game in just 20 minutes.

hopefan

Quote from: WUPHF on January 11, 2020, 08:02:44 PM
How about Anthony Jones going for 42 including 10 points in overtime.  Previous career high was 23.  After this game, averaging 15 points per game in just 20 minutes.

I was going to say something about that.. originally, before the season had started, Anthony Jones was not on the roster... I had a brief direct communication with him, and he told me yes, he was done with basketball.... I wished him the best, and he thanked me..... lo and behold, he changed his mind, and is becoming Fontbonnes dominant player....notice he is who they went to on the last play vs Spalding....and he tied the game up at the buzzer vs Eureka

hopefan

Looking for an answer about game tying shot at end of regulation in Font-Eureka game.  Maybe Eurekared came down???

How in the heck does Eureka lose to Fontbonne?  Perhaps the full court pressure the Griffs used vs Spalding with great success also impacted Eureka...EC 20 some turnovers...

And in first place alone....  going about their business... Webster.....come on, they can't win without the big guy, right??!!

WUPHF

Quote from: hopefan on January 11, 2020, 09:31:16 PM
I was going to say something about that.. originally, before the season had started, Anthony Jones was not on the roster... I had a brief direct communication with him, and he told me yes, he was done with basketball.... I wished him the best, and he thanked me..... lo and behold, he changed his mind, and is becoming Fontbonnes dominant player....notice he is who they went to on the last play vs Spalding....and he tied the game up at the buzzer vs Eureka

Thanks for sharing that story.

This is the last time I am going to say this, but I so wish Fontbonne had been able to return everyone.

hopefan

Quote from: hopefan on October 01, 2019, 04:33:50 PM
Quote from: WUPHF on October 01, 2019, 02:29:19 PM
Quote from: hopefan on October 01, 2019, 12:33:11 PM
If everyone that was supposed to come back for Fontbonne came back, this schedule would be really sad for a team with great potential... but many chose not to return...

Many chose not to return?  How many are we talking about?

5 from my writeup this summer rating returning groups from each school...  DeLine, Ottwell, Leonard, Moliva, and Anthony Jones... I have had a brief communication with Anthony Jones, a young man who felt school and career needed to take precedence in his life....These 5 did not appear in the 2019-20 roster...
Wupifff... to remind you what we wrote preseason

ecreddevils

Quote from: hopefan on January 12, 2020, 09:28:13 AM
Looking for an answer about game tying shot at end of regulation in Font-Eureka game.  Maybe Eurekared came down???

How in the heck does Eureka lose to Fontbonne?  Perhaps the full court pressure the Griffs used vs Spalding with great success also impacted Eureka...EC 20 some turnovers...

And in first place alone....  going about their business... Webster.....come on, they can't win without the big guy, right??!!

i did not get to see this one...didn't go down and no video feed (c'mon!).  the turnover differential couldn't have helped.

some good news, jordan dehm has come roaring back full strength, put up 34/11.  the webster game at home this coming saturday will be huge; important to cool them down and defend the home court.  that should be a good one.

hopefan

While Jordan Dehm had the best, most consistent numbers last week, and Logan Doherty had a record breaker vs Greenville...

I'm going with Anthony Jones of Fontbonne for my SLIAC Player of the Week....He makes a super play to the basket that sets up the winning dunk for Noah Coddington vs Spalding, and goes for 42 points and hits a 3 pointer at the buzzer per the play by play to send the game vs Eureka into OT and an eventual upset win over Eureka....  Hats off to Fontbonne, to Coach Thornhill, and to Anthony Jones for 2 tremendous wins for the Griffs...

Frosh of the week goes to Spalding's Jaiquan Edwards....13 points, 9 rebounds in the disappointing loss to Fontbonne;  18 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists in the nail biter win over Principia....  hoping this young man stays for four years and Spalding builds a winner around him....

Transfer of the week came down to 2 Westmin players... Landon Harrison and Ethan Thompson
Harrison had 23 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists in win over Blackburn, but missed 10 shots and had 3 TOs..... he had 22 points, 7 rebounds in loss to Webster, but had 5 TOs
Thompson had 23 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists in win over Blackburn, but had 4 TOs... Thompson had 14 points, 7 rebounds in loss to Webster, 3 TOs
Too close to call, they'll split Transfer of the week honors

hopefan

Quote from: ecreddevils on January 13, 2020, 10:48:52 AM
Quote from: hopefan on January 12, 2020, 09:28:13 AM

i did not get to see this one...didn't go down and no video feed (c'mon!).  the turnover differential couldn't have helped.

some good news, jordan dehm has come roaring back full strength, put up 34/11.  the webster game at home this coming saturday will be huge; important to cool them down and defend the home court.  that should be a good one.

Thanks ECred... if you could ask one of the staff or one of the players, I'd love to hear what happened....

hopefan

Tonight Greenville at Prin.... GU needs a big win to start getting well.... they should get it....

And I truly believe that Prin will get a conference win somewhere along the line.... they just need to put some good individual nights together... and figure out an offense that generates 15-20 shots for Clark Davidson....

Greek Tragedy

I hope that starts tonight. I have Davidson in this week's league. Interesting that Principia seems a lot more balanced than previous years, yet it still hasn't translated into wins yet.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

GU1999

Any luck getting the GU V PRIN game to play?