Hoopsville: Division III Basketball's Talk Show

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, January 07, 2011, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

No one seems to follow the show anymore in this page, but I will post this all the same:

Did you miss Hoopsville tonight? Not to worry, the archive is already available to watch and catch up: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2011-12/jan26

Guests included #17 Lebanon Valley College women's coach Todd Goclowski, #17 NYU Violets men's coach Joe Nesci, Luther College men's coach Mark Franzen, Bethany coach Andrew Sachs, along with our School of the Week: Rosemont and men's coach Ryan Tozer.

And don't forget to follow the show on Twitter @d3hoopsville or use the #hoopsville. You can also email us at hoopsville@d3hoops.com or head to our website: www.d3hoopsville.com
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Mr. Ypsi

Dave, don't sound so lonely!  I'm reading (and surely I'm not the only one); I just have nothing to contribute! ;)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

John Gleich

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 26, 2012, 11:38:06 PM
Dave, don't sound so lonely!  I'm reading (and surely I'm not the only one); I just have nothing to contribute! ;)

Ditto!
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Well, don't forget all of our different platforms:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #hoopsville (now over 900 followers)
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
Ustream: www.ustream.tv/channel/hoopsville

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Still working on some of the details for tonight's show, but here is the lineup so far:

- Men's National Committee Chair Ken Schumann will join us to talk about the upcoming regional rankings (February 8th) and the slight changes in the selection process this year.
- Blackburn College men's basketball coach Jason Baribeau will talk about his team and the Centennial Celebration of Blackburn basketball, plus we will chat about the SLIAC.
- Louisiana College women's basketball coach Jason Tinsley will join us to talk about his team's #23 ranking and how the Wildcats are doing in their conference and region.
- Regional reports also from Bob Quillman (Midwest) and new regional reporter Matthew Noonan from the Northeast.

And don't forget:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #hoopsville (now over 900 followers)
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
Ustream: www.ustream.tv/channel/hoopsville

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We had a really long Hoopsville tonight... if you missed it, you can catch again here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2011-12/feb02

Guests included NCAA Women's Championship Committee Chair Robin Hamilton who said the final Regional Rankings would not be made public on the women's side (men said they would be released). Also Mary Washington coach Rod Wood, UW-Whitewater coach Pat Miller, Millsaps coach Chuck Winkelman, and St. Lawrence coach Dan Roiger. We also had a great report from Lenny Reich on the Great Lakes Region.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is a very full show tonight on Hoopsville!

Guests include Keene State's Rob Colbert, York's (Pa.) Jeff Gamber, North Central's (Ill.) Todd Raridon, Merchant Marine's Danny Nee, St. Thomas's Ruth Sinn, and Mary Hardin-Baylor's Ken DeWeese.

Tune in starting at 7 PM EST tonight at www.d3hoopsville.com.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hoopsville tonight has a great show lined up... guests include:
Randolph-Macon MBB Coach Nathan Davis
Transylvania MBB Coach Brian Lane
Staten Island MBB Coach Tony Petosa
Univ. of New England WBB Coach Anthony Ewing

We will also hear from Pat Coleman and others.

And if you missed Thursday's show, including the story about Cory Weissman, check out the archive at http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2011-12/cory-weissman-story or the entire show at http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2011-12/feb16-show (1:05 mark)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Don't forget we have plenty of programming coming up in the coming days.

Our normal Thursday edition will air from 8-10 PM EST with a look at how conference tournaments are going and any upsets that have already taken place. We will also look at what teams may be "locks" to make the tournaments and those "bubble" teams that need a lot to go in their favor.

Sunday is our traditional "Selection Sunday" show where we will spend three hours looking at who is in, the surprises, and those sitting on the bubble hoping the national committees will pick them. We will talk to regional reporters with their take on the decision process and hear from coaches whose teams may be a surprise dancer or those waiting to see if their bubble pops. It all starts at 7:00 PM EST>

Then on Monday, we will have a special "Match-Up Monday" broadcast starting at about 7:30 PM EST. We will hopefully talk to both national committee chairs about the teams selected and the brackets they have created... answering your questions. We will also talk to coaches and their teams who still have a chance at a national championship.

To follow all the action and find out who will be on our shows, don't forget to follow us on Twitter at @d3hoopsville (www.twitter.com/d3hoopsville) or using the hashtag #hoopsville. You can also follow us at www.d3hoopsville.com and on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Hoopsville).

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

If you missed any of tonight's Selection Sunday Super Show (which was over 4 hours in length), check out the archive, which has two parts: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2011-12/feb26

Remember, we will be back on the air tomorrow night starting at 7:30 PM EST.

njf1003

Excellent job tonight! I always enjoy listening to the show!