2011 D3 ALL BUCKEYE STATE BASEBALL TEAMS

Started by Gramps, July 04, 2011, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gramps

A TIP OF GRAMPS CAP TO ALL OF THE AWARD WINNERS.  A FULL LIST  CAN BE FOUND AT:http://www.foxsportsohio.com/pages/buckeye_state_baseball/0

A LOT OF FAMILIAR AWARDEES AND A SPRINKLING OF NEW NAMES. AGREE OR DISAGREE?? ANY CHANGES YOU WOULD MAKE? ANY COMMENTS ON SELECTIONS?

forheavendial4999

Looks like they just thought "that's enough" on Marietta on the first team and that's it. Heidelberg has 8 total players chosen, Marietta only 7? Really?

No Jordan Grilliot, no Aaron Hopper, huh? They both look like they should be second team OF.

Logan Lewis looks like he had a better year than the 2nd or 3rd team Ps, though Brua threw a lot more innings so I could see that one. But 3rd team for sure.

And no honorable mentions...like Casey Levens who didn't have the average but was a solid doubles hitter and 4th/5th starter. Or Evan Brockmeier filling in for Braden Park a lot of the year until Bryan Gregorich's bat caught up with his glove. That's a dozen players total they could easily have listed that measure up favorably with those they did.

IMO Tim Knezovich should have been first team at 1B, probably would have added Sean Vollenweider to the honorable mention from Wesleyan too; his defense was terrible but that didn't stop Benander from being 3rd team. Tough call but I think I would have put Gar Keen first team at 2B and Becker second or co-first like they did at SS.

I'm pretty sure you could put together a team of the rest of the state in D-III and they'd have trouble winning a series against either Heidelberg or Marietta.