FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFB

Quote from: d-train on November 13, 2017, 03:21:33 PM
Quote from: RFB on November 13, 2017, 03:05:01 PM
Quote from: d-train on November 13, 2017, 02:44:04 PM
Quote from: RFB on November 13, 2017, 02:27:19 PM
______________ is not walking through that door.
You LOVE that one. Got anything else?  8-)

Scott Westering EMAL (Every Man A Loser)
That's a better attempt, RFB. The Lutes have had their ups and downs, but Scott does have a winning record and the best hair/mustache combo in the conference.
Lighten up and enjoy life my friend. A little MiraLAX might help you out.  ;D

NWC first team hair/stache combo

d-train

Quote from: (509)Rat on November 13, 2017, 02:42:35 PM
You haven't lived until you've backpacked through the Wallowa's and the Eagle Cap Wilderness
We have plans to hit Joseph this summer. Our kids are still a little young to backpack...but we'll figure something out.

(509)Rat

The east fork of the lostine river trail up to Mirror Lake is pretty mellow, but Joseph and the wallowa lake area should be a good time. You can take the gondola up Mt. Howard for some good views without the work. Driving to the end of Pollock rd near the old Boy Scout camp on the south end of the lake gets you somewhere you and younger kids can hike around without going to far or gaining too much elevation. Have fun man.

D O.C.

D O.C.

Did you say Senior laden LINFIELD defense?

wildcat11

QB talent had to be way down this year for Schroder to be a second teamer. Dude was the definition of an average quarterback. I never even heard of the 2nd team RB from Pacific either.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: wildcat11 on November 13, 2017, 10:42:08 PM
QB talent had to be way down this year for Schroder to be a second teamer. Dude was the definition of an average quarterback. I never even heard of the 2nd team RB from Pacific either.
c'mon—that guy rocked it this year—1 carry for a yard and 2 receptions for a total of 5 yards!  Totally worthy....

But as a former fullback I guess I should be glad to see a blocker getting some recognition....
Go Cats!

bluenote

I liked our progression on offense this last game. The defense needs to not get penalties... LOL! My head was spinning on the penalty drive that Pacific scored on.... I bet our D coach was boiling hot!

speedybigboy

Quote from: (509)Rat on November 13, 2017, 03:46:19 PM
The east fork of the lostine river trail up to Mirror Lake is pretty mellow, but Joseph and the wallowa lake area should be a good time. You can take the gondola up Mt. Howard for some good views without the work. Driving to the end of Pollock rd near the old Boy Scout camp on the south end of the lake gets you somewhere you and younger kids can hike around without going to far or gaining too much elevation. Have fun man.

I rode that area years ago with Cycle Oregon. Beautiful area, and I second the tram idea.

spiritof86

Regarding Linfield lack of discipline, it's the same story as always. Linfield has never seen a personal foul they didn't like. I think it's an aggressiveness at the wrong time issue and other nwc teams being wimps.

Also, playing western Oregon makes zero sense. It won't happen.

Better come to play this weekend or the cowboys will beat us. Then their fans in Abilene will spend the rest of the day banging on empty oil drums and not drinking alcohol.
Saturday will be the most epic tailgate ever, especially if my wife gives birth under the Quick-Shade.

Foss

Yeah, agree playing Western Oregon will never happen. We've found losing to them is viewed negatively and beating them doesn't reward us. Would be nice if we could play them, though. They've become a decent D2 team, and I occasionally see them in the D2 Top 25. Playing a bigger, physical team would be nice prep for the playoffs. Plus, it's closer than many of our own conference opponents and so cost isn't an issue. But it's not going to happen.
A packed student section behind an end zone cheering on guys they will actually see in class on Monday is almost as cool as The Streak.

gren

Cats by double digits. Mr Earp is starting to get comfortable.

(509)Rat

It's probably not nearly as big of an issue now that we have the Pool A bid...but Whitworth would like to remind everyone what happens when you schedule and lose to a non d3 opponent in terms of at-large/pool C (at the time pool B) consideration.

wildcat11

Quote from: (509)Rat on November 14, 2017, 12:56:47 PM
It's probably not nearly as big of an issue now that we have the Pool A bid...but Whitworth would like to remind everyone what happens when you schedule and lose to a non d3 opponent in terms of at-large/pool C (at the time pool B) consideration.

Well, the 'Cats are dipping their toe back in that Non-D3 pool in 2018. It should be an exciting match up though.