WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Although it's not a typical time of year to make a change, there could be many reasons why a coach leaves suddenly. Certainly the possibility of another job -- coaching or otherwise -- is always there, but it could be for health reasons or something else similarly sudden (and sad).
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

saratoga

Correct... could be any number of reasons as you've stated.

Regarding applying for the opening at Scranton...not too many quit their day jobs just because they've applied somewhere else.

You leave after the job is offered.

Being a Bucknell grad, maybe Trevor has offered him an Asst. position with the Bison as well.

By the way, class move by Trevor bringing his Asst. at Scranton with him to Bucknell.

ronk

I could understand Trevor offering an assistant position to Jim Reed; but, I'd rather be the HC @ Susquehanna and in charge of my own program than an assistant @ Bucknell.
  Susquehanna has nearly all its firepower back next season but with improved strength in the Landmark top-to-bottom(Juniata getting its best player back after missing the past season, Drew and Goucher with recruiting classes for relatively-new coaches), they would struggle to finish higher than 6th.
  Susquehanna does currently have an assistant that I've been impressed with since his days as HC of Lebanon Valley, Todd Goclowski. He'd be a good replacement for Jim.

Rofrog

I have to ask this-If the job search for the Scranton job was closed on the 10th,why is the add posted just 2 days ago?I thought once it was closed they do their interviews and pick the Head Coach and take ad down!

saratoga

The fact that a posting doesn't physically come off the board on the exact day of the closing is not unusual.

What potential candidates need to pay attention to is the closing date to apply.

If it says the 10th., then your cover letter & resume better be in by then.

Rofrog

Thanks for the great info Saratoga!That is why I asked if anyone had and idea I knew it was you.You know the process thanks again.

NEPAFAN

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

gordonmann

Goclowski would be a really good hire for Susquehanna.

He did a great job at LVC and the program has not been the same without him.

Rofrog

Heard he will be next coach at Susquehanna.

saratoga

Rofrog:

Just let us know when you see the white smoke emanating from the Long Center.

Rofrog

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on May 20, 2019, 07:43:05 PM

Rofrog:

The only smoke so far is from Canio burning his notes of the special defense I had suggested for Thomas More's Temple and Saner in the Final 4 semifinal.   ::)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: ronk on May 20, 2019, 10:36:11 PM
Quote from: saratoga on May 20, 2019, 07:43:05 PM

Rofrog:

The only smoke so far is from Canio burning his notes of the special defense I had suggested for Thomas More's Temple and Saner in the Final 4 semifinal.   ::)

Maybe it is time to just enjoy the games, ronk. Sit back and relax. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Rofrog

NO SMOKE YET FROM THE LONG CENTER!!!But on other news it is so great to see all these D1 schools picking up these great coaches.Wish them all the best.Surprised Gromacki is still in D3.

saratoga

It really is great to see our coaches getting rewarded for the excellence they continued to bring to their programs at Scranton & Tufts.

Wonder if Trevor has already called Carla to begin scheduling Princeton?

Wouldn't seem like a complete season without the two of them facing off.  ;)

Well, tomorrow is the first...has the decision been made???