Hoopsville: Division III Basketball's Talk Show

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, January 07, 2011, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hoopsville is back on the air tonight and starting the usual twice-a-week format. Here is who we have lined up for tonight's show:

#8 WPI's Chris Bartley
#18 CNU's John Krikorian
#7 Tufts' Carla Berube
#13 Emory's Christy Thomascutty
Defiance's Kyle Brumett

Show starts at 7 PM EST and runs about two hours... we might even have time for another rant.

You can tune in here: www.d3hoopsville.com

You can also follow us and be social on Twitter (@d3hoopsville and #Hoopsville) or Facebook (www.facebook.com/Hoopsville). You can even email us at hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Thanks and enjoy the show!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Another episode of Hoopsville is slated for tonight... and here is what we have lined up for the show:

Scranton's Mike Strong on win #800
Wellesley's Jennifer Kroll (Northeast Region)
Albertus Magnus' Mitch Oliver (Northeast Region)
#15 Virginia Wesleyan's Dave Macedo on win #300 (South Region & Coach's Corner)
#18 SUNY Purchase's Jeff Chaney (Atlantic Region)
#13 St. Norbert's Gary Grezesk (Central/Midwest Region)

We also have a major announcement to talk about.

Show starts at 7 PM EST and runs about two hours... and we may have time for another rant.

You can tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2013-14/jan12

You can also follow us on social media
- Twitter (@d3hoopsville and #Hoopsville)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/Hoopsville)
- Email (hoopsville@d3hoops.com)

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Dave, you had an interesting interview with Dickinson Coach Seretti tonight; he was more informed about the Mid-Atlantic than I was expecting of a head coach and then we found out the reason-he's the Mid-Atlantic RAC member. So, I recommend your future shows have a couple of RAC members under the guise of being interested in their teams but also asking questions about regional rankings, tourney team selections, hosting, etc. ;)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Honestly... I am always looking out for those guests... ESPECIALLY this time of year :)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Tonight's Hoopsville is set to air starting at 7 PM EST. Tune in to hear from the following guests:

- #13 Augustana MBB coach Grey Giovanine
- Concordia (Wis.) WBB coach Stacey Brunner-Jones
- Eastern Connecticut MBB coach Bill Geitner
- #20 Ferrum WBB coach Bryan Harvey
- Mary Hardin-Baylor MBB coach Ken DeWeese
- Staten Island MBB coach Tony Petosa

You can tune into Hoopsville on our website or here.

Also don't forget to interact with the show via:
- Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
- Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com

And don't forget to consider helping Hoopsville. We have an ongoing fundraising campaign to help improve the show. For more information read our blog story or go to our fundraising website.

Thank you and enjoy the show!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Tonight's Hoopsville (Thursday, January 23) is set to air starting at 7 PM EST. Tune in to hear from the following guests:

- Transylvania WBB coach Greg Todd
- Johns Hopkins WBB coach Nancy Funk
- William Smith WBB coach Lindsay Drury Sharman
- School of the Week: Schreiner and MBB coach Jimmy Smith
- Mount Union MBB coach Michael Fuline
- #25 Dubuque MBB coach Robbie Sieverding

And don't forget to consider helping Hoopsville. We have an ongoing fundraising campaign to help improve the show. For more information read our blog story or go to our fundraising website.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Another Hoopsville episode is lined up for tonight (Sunday, January 26). Join us as we catch up on the last few days and talk to the following guests:

- #11 York (Pa.) WBB coach Betsy Witman
- Marian MBB coach Mark Boyle
- #13 Montclair St. WBB coach Karin Harvey
- Babson MBB coach Stephen Brennan
- Guilford MBB coach Tom Palombo
- Plus we introduce you to Division III athletes, a capella, and a great recruiting tool for Washington College.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

HOOPSVILLE TO HOST 12 HOUR MARATHON OF HOOPS
www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2013-14/hoopsville-marathon

HUNT VALLEY, Md. – Similar to the day-long hoops marathon that starts the Division I basketball season, fans of Division III basketball will be able to digest 12 hours of wall-to-wall Division III basketball on Thursday, Jan. 30 as host Dave McHugh runs a super-sized edition of Hoopsville.

Hoopsville, the premier show for everything related to Division III basketball, will go from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET on Thursday to celebrate Division III basketball. It will be the perfect way to gear up for the last month of the regular season and start to look ahead to conference races and the NCAA tournament. Viewers can catch the show by visiting www.d3hoopsville.com and can interact with McHugh on Twitter (@d3hoopsville) or by visiting the show's Facebook page (facebook.com/hoopsville). You can also email McHugh at dave.mchugh@d3sports.com.

"We will have guests on from around the country and schools we may not normally talk with," said host McHugh. "We will also hear from those who care passionately about Division III basketball and those who may have moved up in their careers, but have strong roots in Division III."

This super-sized show is being held in conjunction with a fundraising effort to help the show, which has been a staple at the Championship Weekend in Salem. Now in its 11th season, the show is looking to raise around $10,000 to help with gear and equipment that needs to be replaced. In addition, the show is looking to try to upgrade the experience for the fans, including better cameras, a better streaming partner and a studio overhaul to allow better productions.

"Hoopsville is the best source for what is going on in Division III basketball," said James Wagner, Ursinus College Director of Athletic Communications. "Dave has done a great job promoting our program, as well as various programs throughout Division III. It's wonderful to have someone as dedicated to our sport and professional as Dave."

Those wishing to contribute can do so by visiting the fundraising page at www.indiegogo.com/projects/hoopsville-fundraising-project. There are several levels, starting at ten dollars all the way up to $250. While there are several levels, any and all donations will be accepted.

"This show has become more than just something I enjoy doing," McHugh added. "We know people look forward to hearing from coaches, players, administrators and others around the country and talking Division III basketball. We want to continue doing the show and making an impact on the sport."

mailsy

Is the entire show going to be on demand as other shows are? Because I'll only be able to catch the first couple hours of the show
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Gregory Sager

Congrats to D-Mac, otherwise known as the Jerry Lewis of NCAA Division III, for reaching his $10,000 goal during his Hoopsville telethon! BTW, D-Mac, I heard you say that you might use some of the funds to travel to other regions to do Hoopsville coverage next season. If you happen to return to your hometown and you're there on a North Park game night, stop by the crackerbox and I'll kick my usual partner off the air and let you do color. I did it for Pat a few seasons ago, so fair is fair. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Greg - I may take you up on that! I would love to join you especially because it means I have returned to my childhood home!

And thanks for the support... even if the rest of the CCIW posters apparently care less LOL.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Another episode of Hoopsville is slated today at a special time... 1-3 PM EST... and here is what we have lined up for the show:

- Colby MBB coach Damien Strahorn
- Eastern Mennonite WBB coach Kevin Griffin
- Morrisville State MBB coach Joe Smith
- #10 UW-Whitewater MBB coach Pat Miller
- Staten Island MBB coach Joe Petosa
- MacMurry MBB coach Todd Creal

Show starts at 1 PM EST and runs about two hours.

You can tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2013-14/feb2

And don't forget about the Hoopsville Fundraising Project! We may have hit our goal, but there is still a week left in the campaign to continue raising money to improve the show. Please considering contributing: http://igg.me/at/Hoopsville/x/6029509

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Another episode of Hoopsville is slated for tonight and here is the guest list we have so far:

- Richard Stockton MBB coach Gerry Matthews
- Univ. of New England WBB coach Anthony Ewing
- Cornell WBB coach Brent Brase
- Maryville WBB coach Darrin Travillian
- Centre MBB coach Greg Mason

Show starts at 7 PM EST and runs about two hours.

You can tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2013-14/feb2

And don't forget about the Hoopsville Fundraising Project! We have extended the deadline until Wednesday at 11:59 PM PST (2:59 EST). We may have hit our goal, but we are trying to continue raising money to improve the show. Please considering contributing: http://igg.me/at/Hoopsville/x/6029509

ronk

Dave,
  From yesterday's show ~ 2:15: mark, "Scranton lost again". No, they didn't; don't know what you were thinking, but I didn't want any MA RAC voters who get input from Hoopsville to be considering incorrect info for their RR discussions.